next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper Part 2
Overfifty55

Posted: February 20, 2020, 11:45 AM
This is the continuation of methadone taper by overfifty55. I’m very grateful today. I’m out of my funk and ready to post away.lol
Randomperson

Posted: February 23, 2020, 5:29 PM
Lol overfifty I’m glad you’re out of your funk. That was a good idea to start a part two to your thread cause it is frustrating having to go all the way to the end to see the newest post. Anyway I hope you are doing good. We have been having nice weather here too and no rain! I worry that if we don’t get some rain we’ll have more fires come summer/fall. We have been hit particularly hard there. Lost a lot of lives. Very sad. Praying it doesn’t happen again. Anyway I am doing good. Still Methadone free and at this point I have no issues. No insomnia or paws or anything. It took a about one year to sleep normal and that was the last issue for me. I sleep good now! Still going to CR and really have connected with that group. I feel connected to God again as well. I am at peace and grateful! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I don’t think I would have been able to get off Methadone if it weren’t for you and this board and all the inspirational testimonies! Forever grateful!❤️🙂. I hope you have a beautiful week and I will check back soon!

Hi Mojo, itspossible, needhelp and George I hope all of you are having a great 2020!!! Miss you all!❤️
Overfifty55

Posted: February 26, 2020, 10:46 AM
Good morning:) Thank you for the kind words randomperson. Yes I’m out of my funk and the sunny weather helps too. We’ve been having a mild winter, now it feels like spring. I’m excited for you and CR. It’s wonderful to have support. Ive been sleeping better than I have in years. Isn’t sleeping better wonderful? I’m still methadone free and enjoying life. Everyone is up and it’s a little distracting. I’ll post later......peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 2, 2020, 10:32 AM
Good morning:). It’s Monday and I’m up early ready for my day. I can’t believe five days have passed since I posted. Time is flying by so fast. Spring break will be here before long. I’m not ready for the transition. I’ve kinda fell into a groove at below fifty and sunny. It’s so crisp and beautiful. I guess it doesn’t matter time passes anyways. Speaking of time needing to pass for something to change. I want to grow out my bangs. I got my hair cut and decided I want a new look. I now will have to wait for it. Like when I got off methadone time needed to pass. I’ll wait patiently for my hair to grow. Waiting for gratification has been very hard in the past. I wanted everything immediately. Like taking a pill to feel better. It’s hard then it becomes easier and before you know it BAM it’s over. Your goal is realized. I’m putting this to the test again one day at a time. It’s hard to let my look be a little off for awhile lol. I need a distraction from all the stuff going on lately in the news. I’m concerned about the C 🦠 virus. Letting things play out on a day to day basis has been hard for me I want to know now. This isn’t me panicking I just want to know what’s in store for us. We had a deadly E Coli strain go around in our community and my daughter and husband got it. They were very sick and we never knew how they contracted it. So I’m probably more sensitive to stuff like this. Anyway that’s what’s going on with me. Have a beautiful week .............peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 12, 2020, 5:26 PM
Good afternoon:). I’m doing good and still methadone free. The weather is sunny and beautiful. Anyways wanted to pop on and say Hi.
Overfifty55

Posted: March 17, 2020, 5:45 PM
Giving a big shout out to the whole board lol. It’s been so quiet on here for many months. Well I’m still here spouting my glad to be off methadone and you can do it message. During this crisis I’ll be saying hi frequently. Stop by and say hi or not. I’m here wishing you safety and peace
Randomperson

Posted: March 18, 2020, 8:32 PM
Hey overfifty so is the coronavirus driving you a bit crazy?😫🤪 it is a mad house around here! Good luck getting hand sanitizer, disinfectant sprays or wipes, rubbing alcohol, Aloe Vera gel, water and probably most importantly TOILET PAPER!!! While I get they want to stop the spread of the virus I kind of feel like it’s a day late and a dollar short. This virus has probably been circulating in our country since November, December. I’m sure thousands upon thousands are infected but now they shut down all life!! I never imagined seeing something like this in our country! Very scary. My daughter’s school has shut down for three weeks but I’m guessing that is going to change. We have been put on lockdown! I actually get to work two days a week alternating with my coworker because we are emergency disaster service workers but most employees have been sent home for 3 weeks! I feel like I’m living in an alternate reality! I hope you and your family are doing ok and staying healthy. I’m praying for our country and hoping this whole thing rides out by May. That may be wishful thinking but I’m still hopeful. I can’t help but feel some anger toward the Chinese government for hiding this outbreak and allowing it to spread like this. But it is what it is. So sad and depressing!😔. Try to stay positive and safe. ❤️ You!!😘
Overfifty55

Posted: March 20, 2020, 8:51 AM
Good morning Randomperson:). Things around here seem pretty normal. Even grocery shopping isn’t too bad. Of course can’t get the items you listed but food is plentiful. My daughters work went out of buisness so she’s got to file unemployment insurance. This is a very trying time for everyone. The girls are out of school until April 28th if they even go back. I’m so very grateful I’m not on methadone. This situation would make getting it harder. Our public transportation is free now because they don’t want to handle cash. I expect public transportation to stop soon. This is unprecedented and we’re going through this like it or not. my Mother is getting her hip replaced on Tuesday. They haven’t cancelled it and moms in so much pain she wants the operation. I worry she’ll get the virus🦠. My daughter who is a alcoholic wanted to drink last night because she lost her job. Both me and her husband said absolutely not your an alcoholic. She was in a bad mood for awhile but got over it. For me I have no desire to use methadone or opiates again. It’s like I was never on them. I don’t think about it at all. I don’t reminisce about my using days. I feel very fortunate that I don’t crave it. Makes living a lot easier. The virus🦠 is worldwide which is surreal to me. Have a good morning and stay safe........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 30, 2020, 3:36 PM
Good afternoon:). Well looks like April 28th is the new date to see how the 🦠 is doing. I’m getting a little stir crazy. I’m at my daughters and she as well as my granddaughters are home too. This is just surreal to me. The whole town is vacant at stores, malls, restaurants schools heck everywhere people should be they aren’t. It’s gonna make a good movie if they make one lol. I’m trying to find the humor in these trying times. Just so grateful I’m not on any methadone. Things have got to be hard if you go to a clinic now. Well it’s weird and enjoyable having my daughter here since she lost her job. She’s doing projects around the house. She’s doing good with not wanting to drink. I’m proud of her. Toilet paper is still hard to come by lol. Anyways just popped on here to say hi...............stay safe everyone...........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 30, 2020, 5:42 PM
I stand corrected it’s April 30th not the 28th.
Overfifty55

Posted: April 1, 2020, 6:29 PM
Good afternoon:) hi

Posted: April 28, 2020, 9:15 PM
Hey hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe during this crazy time in life.
Overfifty55

Posted: May 3, 2020, 7:54 PM
Good afternoon:). Just a quick pop in to say hello.
Overfifty55

Posted: May 10, 2020, 12:01 PM
Happy Mother’s Day 🌼🌸🌷💐 Thinking of all the mom’s out there.
Itspossible

Posted: May 10, 2020, 8:26 PM
Hello everybody, i hope all is well. Just thought i would check in on you guys.
Im 3 years and 9 months free , no problems at all.its like i never took anything. Just a distant memory.
Itspossible

Posted: May 10, 2020, 8:30 PM
Im happy that your keeping this thread alive over50. Your a great watcher, over the people out there that most certainly need you. Im proud of you for keeping this going.
Itspossible

Posted: May 11, 2020, 9:59 PM
I am so glad to hear so many people are doing great. It has been 4 years & 9 months for me and I tell people it is hard at first to get off methadone but it does get better. You have to take it one day at a time and pretty soon after awhile it's a distant memory.
Overall

Posted: May 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
Good morning:). Woke up to thunder and lightning. It was quite the storm since we’re not use to this. I’m doing good and still methadone free. I’m finally going home today after being at my daughters for 2 months. So in just a bit I’m going shopping then home. We took everything out of my house when the stay at home order was put in place. So I need all paper products, cleaning and personal stuff on top of groceries. It’s really nice hearing everyone is doing good. Thank you itspossible for the kind words. This site was my saving grace when I wanted off of methadone. I’m just documenting my journey and if it helps someone that’s awesome. So many times when I would read others posts they stop and I always wonder how they are doing. I can’t say how long I’ll go between posts but it only takes me a sec to say hi. I’m like you itspossible it’s all in the past and its a distant memory. Anyways that’s just what’s going on with me. Hope everyone’s weekend is safe..................peace
Overfifty55

Posted: May 30, 2020, 12:04 PM
My name is not overall. Lol it’s overfifty55 sorry about that
Overfifty55

Posted: June 24, 2020, 9:14 PM
Still methadone free 😀. Today I got a CT scan of my lungs. I also got a regular x-ray of my lungs too. I’ve been having breathing problems that came on suddenly a couple months ago. It’s not the COVID. Anyways this is something coming up from my past smoking days. I use to smoke a lot when I was on methadone too. Anyways that’s what’s going on with me today. I won’t know anything until July 9th. That’s when I made my appt. I suppose if there’s something really wrong they’ll get ahold of me. I’m not anticipating that though. I’m ready for answers. I’ve needed to do this 10 years ago. But I didn’t want to face it. Now I’m brave and strong. I take life as it comes and go from there. Anyways keep safe out there. 🌻💐🌸🌷🌼🦋
post replypost new topic