post replypost new topic
The Powder Of My Mind
Sonika

Posted: March 14, 2015, 7:24 PM
I don't understand why I am not able to quit smoking. I thought i only needed the power of my mind, as happened with cocaine . I can't imagine, especially, using the computer without cigarettes.

Posted: March 17, 2015, 3:27 PM
Hi

I felt the same way. I could not imagine my life without smoking. It was like my happy place. I would get my book and some coffee and light up and I would feel so peaceful. I like smoking I miss smoking...let me say it has only been 4 days. I am using the patch so I realize I am not nicotine free yet. It is helping me get past that initial panic and changing my habits but that's just me and how I'm dealing with it. It still sucks. I'm sad I feel like I've lost my best friend but I'm already coughing less. I have other health issues I just figure THIS is something I have control over. The other stuff I don't. I just want to live and this is the thing I could change. I'm not gonna smoke again no matter what. I cant go through this again.

Jessi
kimmy

Posted: April 9, 2015, 10:55 AM
I am almost 1 year since using nicotine and I don't miss the cough. I tried many times and many replacement remedies until finally I woke up the day after my birthday and said to myself.....I want to live longer!
Smoking is becoming very taboo in the country I live in, Canada. Someone in my workplace actually stooped to talking a picture of a smoker in a restricted area causing that person to retire early! I am very happy that I will never be in that position.
Today with all the alternatives to cigarettes I truly think that big business does not really care how we intake the nicotine as long as they continue to make a profit.
I wake each morning and know that I will not cough because of smoking and it feels really good. Each day I know that my hard earned cash is not going towards something that will cause a painful death in the long run.....oh yeah I can also run!
To all of you who are trying to stop smoking good luck, you can do it, I did and I was a 2 packages a day person!
allyop

Posted: April 9, 2015, 10:01 PM
Hey all I am just starting my effort to quit cigs for the umpteenth time lol and Am hoping to find support and also share hope as I can find it with others ..... If smoked 42yrs and its liking my butt please wish me luck and if u have suggestions I'm open to all !!!!
kimmy

Posted: April 10, 2015, 7:26 AM
Just do it! Stay strong, it is so worth it!
allyop

Posted: April 12, 2015, 1:27 AM
Thank you for support
kimmy

Posted: April 12, 2015, 1:06 PM
I wanted to mention that after not smoking I did gain 10 lbs but in time those extra pounds fell away by walking and trying to cut back on donuts!
I hope you are still off the cigs.
post replypost new topic