post replypost new topic
Help N Prayers For Brittney

Posted: June 3, 2015, 2:02 AM
Hello Evetybody,

I need prayers for my niece and advice in helping her... See my brother in law and his ex wife spent years off and on drugs mostly meth.. My ex sister in law said when her children were little she couldn't wait until they got old enough to smoke marijuana with her... Since her divorce she still struggles with addiction issues ... She introduced my nephew and his wife to meth a couple years ago and then they got clean.. My niece has gained weight since then and has been ridiculed by my nephew and some of his family members.. Right now my ex sister in law is/was clean again and suggested to Brittney to use cocaine . Her words; it's safer and less addictive and doesn't cause the violent moods swings... Being a 23 yr veteran on an ambulance I tried to tell her that was not true... How ever her desire to lose weight and please others took over her common sense.. She called me earlier tonight ... Asking for help, my nephew is working out of town and they live with his mother ... I went and got her, she was crying and vomiting... I brought her home made an emedic... To make her vommitt all of it she could then made her eat and gave her something to reverse the effects of the cocaine and put her to sleep.. Because of what she had told me before she went out I started looking for help on the Internet .. She said she's lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks and her mother in law got her some cocaine from somebody different than normal .. She went on to say that for the past 2weeks she had been able to snort 2 - 3 lines a day for weight loss and then today she's wanted and done it every 30 minutes and her whole face went numb and she kept getting sick over and over ... I did make her flush the rest of it down the toilet and in order to keep her out of trouble brought her home and waited to see how she would do before taking her to the hospital ... I'm glad and I hope she sticks to it when she says this broke her ... But I also need to know what it means for today to be different in order to treat her properly ??? I'm watching her very close in case we need to run to the ER...?

Posted: June 3, 2015, 7:00 PM
Dear medic,

It sounds like you are trying to be her treatment center. The first step of Al Anon or NAR Anon is that we are powerlesss over someone else's addiction.

If you want to be of the best possible help, you might consider Al Anon or NAR Anon for youself. The typical pattern for loving family members is to fall into an unhealthy pattern of codepedency. Codepdency is bad for you, and also hurts the addict because it gives them an "out" and another reason to not face the consequences of their actions. Change will happen when the pain of change is less than the pain of not changing.

I urge you to not try this on your own. Find someone who has walked in your shoes and found a better way to live.

I hope this helps and feel free to message back.
Flyboy
post replypost new topic