< prev  post replypost new topic
Severe Otrivin Addiction
Luna

Posted: June 24, 2018, 4:55 PM
I am 16 years old I’ve been using otrivin for 6 months now and tried stopping it for 2 days but my nose wouldn’t unblock then I realized that I might not be able to breathe again and I am freaking out I don’t know what to do and how to tell my mom about my addiction...
_AZ_

Posted: July 21, 2018, 3:18 PM
CAN RELATE. COMPLETE OTRIVIN ADDICT. STILL HAVEN'T STOPPED
Sushil

Posted: May 28, 2019, 1:11 AM
The easiest way out of Otrivin addiction or dependence is steroid nasal spray. In India I was prescribed Duonase and later the slight more powerful Furamist. The first one is required to ne taken two puffs in each nostril twice daily. The second one is two puffs in each nostril once daily (preferably at bed time. Instructions are contained on the paper inside the pack containing the spray bottle.
The steroid is topical application and reaches only the nasal lining. It does not enter the blood stream. And even if small part of it does enter the blood stream, first the quantity is very small, and second the steroid is quite mild. So the steroid does not make any significant impact or side effects on the overall health as compared to the overall advantage of getting rid of the addiction.
I may also tell you that for people who get nasal polyps removed surgically, these steroid nasal sprays are often prescribed lifelong. Thus they are devoid of any problems.
Chan Lok

Posted: September 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
I’ve been dependent on using the Otrivin spray for almost two years... my right nostril is the worst and the mucous membranes is permanently enlarged and become even stiff. I’m really worried about what it has become and its potential long-lasting effect. Today is my third day of withdrawing the spray. My right nostril is killing me but my left nostril is fine... here is how I quit:
1. Use a steroid spray for replacement
2. Take oral pseudoephedrine - one dose BD
3. Take oral antihistamine
4. Oral ibuprofen when required (to reduce inflammation) - 1-3 tablets prn take with or after food
5. Use oral steroid along with pseudoephedrine as last option if ibuprofen doesn’t work (Note that oral steroid should be short-term use only)
6. At night - use EasyBreathe (or other brands) nose strips to aid sleeping
7. Go swimming everyday as it helps to open up the nose (go even when it’s stuffy tho it’s painful to do so)
8. Have your pillow higher up to ease up congestion at night
9. Consume less sugar and artificial food additives as they can promote inflammation
10. Stay happy and positive as I found emotions can sometimes worsen the condition

I’m hoping I will have able to come off it completely by the fifth night and that my right nostril will function fine again.

Hope it helps! :D
Pappirspesi

Posted: January 13, 2020, 7:18 PM
Going strong for 16 years. I’m now 34.

Its been a week since i stopped and its going great.

Using steriod nasal spray once a day
Salt water before sleep
But the magic is Ginger, Turmerik and Bromelain tablets from Nature Aid

“A 2016 review of studies suggests that bromelain may reduce the duration of sinusitis symptoms in children, improve breathing, and reduce nasal inflammation.”
lachapelle

Posted: October 28, 2020, 4:06 PM
9 years addiction otrivin and others

ok now years 2020

medecine:soframycin--vaporisatteur nasal--antibiotic et decongestionnant

7 days--nights only

bye-bye problem it's magic

post replypost new topic