< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Daily Check In

Posted: April 19, 2015, 6:17 AM
Girltoday

Congrats...so happy so many things are falling into place for you!!! Keep pushing on!

Posted: May 9, 2015, 10:02 AM
Another great sober day! Well it's gonna be a hard day. Today 1 year ago I lost my baby brother. The pain is still there. The sadness creeps in so bad sometimes. I have one of his blankets and I just hold it like i'm giving him a big hug telling him I miss him. I am going to a family cookout tonight to release balloons to celebrate his life. We will write messages on the balloons and let them go up to the heavens. s***ty things happen in life that's just the way it is. I can't use over it and i'm gonna lose people I love. I have to keep my head up and go on for the rest of my family. Still suks!

Posted: June 2, 2015, 8:17 AM
Another great sober day! Just checking in to say things are good! I did jack up my neck a bit, think I just sleep wrong on it. So I took a trip to see the doctor who is fixing the problem. Just last month I jacked up my knee by not streaching before I work out and had to have some PT but that is all better. Feel like my body is giving up lol. I'm not that old dam! Anyway also just a reminder that the daily check in is for anyone who wan't to post. You can just say hey and tell about your day or your struggles. Sometimes I don't have a topic to post so I just check in and let others know I'm still staying clean and working a good program. You also don't have to go to NA or AA just to be here. It always gets worse if you still use NEVER better. Keep trying to take your life back, and if your are clean, keep sharing with others how you made it out of the maddness! Love all you guys more then you know!

This post has been edited by girltoday on August 2, 2015, 10:09 PM

Posted: August 2, 2015, 10:28 PM
Another great sober day! Things are still good here. Getting ready for school. I feel excited, then anxious, then worried. I get excited for all the fun things I get to do, then anxious cause i'm going back to school at 40, then worried cause I just borrowed like 20 grand! Crazy I know! I don't like commitment and this is at least a year commitment Tues-Sat 9-5! OMG! A normal schedule what will I ever do! Just do it I guess. My son is doing great. We had a fun summer. He goes back to school soon. He's not ready, tells people he hates school. BOYS! We have spent lots of time at the pool this summer teaching him how to swim and he took golf lessons so we've been playing golf at the country club like fancy people lol. He loves it though. I would have never thought my son would be playing golf but i'll of coarse support whatever he wants to do, I'm just thought it was going to be soccer since he seemed to like doing that more. I've been really involved with my church and getting to know everyone. It makes me feel good to love God again. I spent a long time being pissed at my cards, but who says you can give them s***ty cards back hey? IDK a lot has changed with me this past year and I'm still trying to find my niche in life. Life is good, I can't complain.

Posted: August 3, 2015, 2:32 PM
Hi gir,l Glad to hear life is good for you - you worked hard to get where you are, fair play - all the best-

Posted: August 4, 2015, 9:27 AM
Thanks Tman!

Posted: August 4, 2015, 9:59 PM
>> hAVE YOU EVER WOKEN UP IN THE MORN ,,AND YOU HAVE NO PILLS AND HUG YOUR pillow so hard and feel like your going crazy.I felt like I wanted to yell because the he@@ of not having any pills was unbearable.....again im addicted again.cowgirl-tom where are you..feel so hopeless.poopie

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..

Posted: August 5, 2015, 8:58 AM
Now is your chance. Go thru the withdrawals and you never have to worry about running out of pills again. You can learn how to live without them. It takes work but you can do it.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: August 5, 2015, 12:21 PM
Hey poopie,

Never give up hope, in the worst of times, it can be all we have to hang on to and help us make it through - hang in there - keep reaching out - you are never alone in addiction - let us know how you are doing best of luck -

This post has been edited by Travelin man on August 5, 2015, 12:22 PM

Posted: August 5, 2015, 4:28 PM
I was told that the life of an addict/alcoholic leads eventually to death, insanity, incarceration or AA/NA.

Over the years I have seen it proven repeatedly.

I am so glad I chose AA/NA.

We, as addicts & alcoholics, have to have our a$$ handed to us until we are beaten into submission. Beaten so bad that even WE realize it .. finally.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: August 5, 2015, 10:14 PM
>>>>>>>>>. I don't belive in aa-na....sorry.thank you all.feeling ok.wishing for cowgirl.

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..

Posted: August 24, 2015, 8:16 AM
Another great sober day. Just want to check in. I do still try to come here everyday and read posts. At the moment i'm really sick with a nasty cold(been over a week). Been to the Doc and all that it just is lingering! School is going great. I'm having fun and learning lots of new things. I am the oldest person in my class, besides the teacher. They are all under the age of 21 lol. They call me the OG(old gal) lol. They are all great girls. My son is doing well besides being sick. I am having issues with balancing my time with boyfriend, son, meetings, gym, and other activites. I miss going to so many meetings, I miss the people at meetings. I get home and don't want to do s*** cause iv'e been on my feet all day. Then there is the housework AHHHHHH real life lol. Any way i'm still clean and still the same ol same ol.

P.S. Jeff I finally gave in and made a Facebook page.

This post has been edited by girltoday on August 24, 2015, 8:23 AM

Posted: August 24, 2015, 6:45 PM
Hey Girl!!
Low and behold!!!!

How the hell are ya? I barely find time anymore to post regularly. The grandkids started their senior year of high school...My GD has no 1st period so she doesn't have the bus to take her.. so Mon- Thursday at 8:50am I drop her off.( the high school isn't more than a couple miles from our house) On Fridays school starts an hour later so she doesn't start until 10am. She rides the bus home.

Her brother doesn't start his school classes until 3Pm and goes from 3-4:30pm Mon-Thursday. He does the majority of his classwork on line. So about the time she's getting out, he's going. AAHHHHHH! With this heat I wind up with a crowd sometimes!

But it's OK, really. It works out. With everything else I do, besides them, I am a very busy girl...

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Like I find myself saying quite often when things get piled up going here, going there, doing this and that, need to fix this or fix that, or why did this or why did that?? I say "LIFE HAPPENS!!!"or "Life is happening"

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on August 24, 2015, 6:49 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: August 27, 2015, 4:57 PM
Hey Granny! Senior year! So much fun. I'm glad they are doing so well. You sound very grateful. I am doing really well beside managing my time. School is really fun atm. I am learning so much, it's hard to take it all in. We only spend about a week doing one thing so not much time to slack off. The real work comes when I get to do real heads. Thanks for checking in with me. ((((HUGS)))

Posted: August 27, 2015, 9:50 PM
Sober and grateful! I have 1 yr, 11 mos, 2 days, 22 hours, 49 mins and some secs clean! Woo Hoo!

--------------------
" Many times I sought the lighthouse
The familiar beam in the dark
Looking for the comfort
Radiating from its spark;
Today I turn that inward
No longer am I the seeker
I am not just the lighthouse
I am the light -
And lighthouse keeper. "

Posted: August 28, 2015, 5:07 PM
Awesome sauce!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl!

Posted: November 5, 2015, 10:14 PM
Another great sober day! Just wanted to check in and tell everyone i'm doing well. Still going to hair school, rocking it out! Family life is good , meeting attendance is good, sponsor is good. I am really grateful for this new journey. Feeling blessed today. I never could have done any of this without NA, the steps and an awesome sponsor.

Posted: November 24, 2015, 7:41 PM
Another great sober day! Not a good day but i'm clean. I haven't been to a meeting in over 3 weeks and i feel out of wack! I've been super busy and that's no excuse to not get to a meeting, if I wanted to get high nothing would stop me, so I need to apply that same princable to my recovery. Anyway, things are good. I'm about to apply for an advanced program at my school, since I do so well they are pushing me to go further, which is good but I feel a bit overwelmed. Life is good and I'm thankful for so many things this year.

Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:32 PM
hey there Jess,
Happy Thanksgiving! Congrats on even being aware that you may need a meeting.
I read your last post about your being pushed a little to do more or go further. If you are ready then GO FOR IT!! If not, then take a deep breathe and make a decision on your mental health.

My son just spent the last year jumping thru hoops that were necessary to comply with what he (and his prob offc) wanted, ending in being hired at a good employee owned company 3 weeks ago. BUT., and the reason I am even saying anything to you is because, during that last year many opportunities came his way, but he kept saying, "Mom, I don't want to get too much on my plate. If I do I may blow it." Some he took, and some he didn't. And I had to let him make those choices. Everything so far has turned out great for him. So, if you think it may be too much right now, say NO. Don't do it because someone may think it is the right thing to do.
Ok I'll be quiet now..LOL.

Have a wonderful holiday sweetie and enjoy another holiday season clean and sober.

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: February 9, 2016, 10:26 PM
Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. I'm still around. I still pop in and read posts. Still clean,still going to meetings, still call my sponsor almost everyday, and yes I still benge watch some Netflix. The Making Of A Murderer has me hooked! I'm glad things are going good for you and your family granny. Things are good here with the family as well. My son's birthday is in March, he'll be 9! Crazy how fast it goes. I'm about 100 hours from being halfway through school. In my state you have to have 1800 hours to get licensed I have almost 900. I'm even a mentor to new students, who would ever thought that this x junkie could be a mentor to other people. I owe it all to NA, the program, the God of my understanding and a great support network that includes my sponsor. Life is good!

This post has been edited by girltoday on February 9, 2016, 10:27 PM
post replypost new topic