post replypost new topic
Just Starting Out

Posted: November 12, 2018, 10:45 PM
Hello I am new to the world of addiction having only just found out my 24 year old daughter is addicted to prescription medication after she stole prescriptions and forged signatures to obtain them illegally for herself using her flat mates name on them, she has been fired , her licence suspended and we have just learnt that the police have decided not press criminal charges ... which I dont know if I should be grateful for or not. We are two weeks into this journey and last night my husband and I went to a parent support group for the first time and I have seen a counsellor twice on my own and my husband will go this week to another... I am trying to educate myself on what is our new normal what to expect and what are the do and donts however this morning my problem is my daughter is now living at home and her mood today is cold and passively aggressive and I am dreading the day ahead as I try to keep her bad mood from impacting me and my response to the world around me can others tell me how they navigate this if it has happened to them and thank you in advance.

Posted: November 12, 2018, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry that you are starting this journey. Sounds like you are starting out doing the right things. I spent 10 years trying to "fix" this problem on my own.
I hope your daughter gets in to some kind of treatment.
The best advice I have is do not interfere with any of the natural consequences that are happening to her.

Posted: November 12, 2018, 11:17 PM
Als look on the family and partners of addicts forum. Lots of us parents on there. good luck.I hope your journey through this mess is swift.

Posted: November 13, 2018, 12:59 AM
thank you I will do
post replypost new topic