next >  post replypost new topic
Buprenorphine-teva & Hi-tech-who Has Them N Stock?

Posted: December 22, 2011, 3:52 AM
I am prescribed Buprenorphine 8mg. I get them filled at a Walgreens. However, I have searched, it seems, the ends of the earth, for a pharmacy that has the "Teva" generics (b799) or the "Hi-Tech" generics (round pill-arrow on one side- "8" on the other) the only, ONLY buprenorphine that I can seem to find is the Roxane generic (Round-white-54 411) ANY help will be appreciated. I have called around and asked. You know how it is- Pharmacists and staff are not too inclined or prone to help those with prescriptions for substance abuse. It's a stigma. So, if anyone is aware of a specific chain that stocks those two generics, or even a website to get on or phone number to call to see which pharmacies/drug stores in a certain region carry certain brand medication please post it. There's got to be something like that out there! Hell, I live in Pennsylvania but there are times that I get my script filled in Virginia because I work down there a lot. So, if you know of a pharmacy that has either of those generics, in either of those states (PA or VA), PLEASE let me know. Thanks everyone!!!!
ramairta00

Posted: January 3, 2012, 6:01 PM
Hello , just want you to know that I also take Buprenorphine 8mg and was getting TEVA from Walgreens until a couple months ago. All they can get now is Roxane, which I hate. Any way I went to Kroger today and they said that is the brand they can get. I never heard of that brand before. Have you had HI TECH bupe before and if so, do you like as much as the TEVA? I am supposed to pick them up tomorrow , so I will let you know if that is what brand I get.
ramairta00

Posted: January 4, 2012, 2:41 PM
Just got them. They are subglinial pill. Smallest pill I have ever seen. Just a little bigger than nitro glycerine. So apparantly there is no filler. Hope you have KROGER FOODS there!

Posted: January 8, 2012, 2:37 PM
My son gets his from Savon Pharmacy..part of the Albertson's store chain.

Subutex generic..2mg tabs for 10 dollars for 30 pills a month.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
JB

Posted: September 18, 2012, 6:33 AM
I understand your pain, 100 percent. Located in northeast Pa, and can not find the hi tech brand to save my life. Every pharmacy has Roxane. For a while I too was getting Teva from Walgreen's. I don't get it, Roxane must be such a cheaper pill, like ya can't tell, that that's what all the pharmacies can make the most money off, so that's what they order. I called Walgreen's, they told me bring my script in and they can get me Hi Tech. We will see come tomorrow. If not, I hope, at least, they can get me back the Tevas. Anyone from the northern PA area that knows who stocks Hi Techs, I'd be grateful to hear it. Thanks.
vez

Posted: September 24, 2012, 5:20 PM
Hello All, I have Had the Hi -Tech ndc # for the 8 mg is 50383-930-93 and NDC # FOR THE 2 MG
IS 50383-924-93 ANY PHARMACY CAN ORDER THEM FOR YOU Problem is they are small so if you plan on cutting them to wean off its hard to do with the 8 mg ones yes they are very small but the quality is the best going to see if i can get the 2 mg ones so i can taper more easily its hard to believe that there is 8 mg in that tiny tab i like them the best as they seem to be very clean and consistant Quality wise they are made in france teva is the next best roxane is garbage
so just ask your pharmist to order them for you. Good luck to all on bupe remember smallest
dose works better being that i have been on them for 3 years i want to get off of them just use for a week tops you will be very lucky if you do these are very hard to get off, Ricket Benkeser
should have law suits on them for telling people they are non addictive as they are very addictive 30 to 40 times stronger than morphine only you dont feel it in your head only small
feeling but they do work cuts all the cravings for junk, alcohol, any drug only if it worked for ciggarettes work very well for off label use as anti depressent Best Regards,Vez
johnc

Posted: October 4, 2012, 12:57 PM
i found that the tiva and roxy's are the best one's,the tiny one's made me withdrawl,they don't work,now i can't find any of them,my pharmacist tried ordering but could not,what is going on,i got a partial order of 9 and my script is used up now what,why is is so hard to stay clean,i have a broken back but i refuse the painkillers,why is it easier to stay hooked than sober,i like having my head back,why are these people making it so hard to do the right things,i live an honest and just life so why is this happening to me?
CoCo

Posted: October 17, 2012, 6:47 PM
I agree with John the high tech dont work as well only had them twice in the last two years. Ive always gone straight into withdrawal after taking the whole (tiny) 8mg pill with the others Roxane and Teva I split in half and that lasts me over 12hrs and then try to nibble on the other half to ween off. High tec I have to take like 2 pills a day and still feel awful. My dr. now writes no High -tch on my prescription.
Woe

Posted: October 27, 2012, 12:07 AM

If you want to hear about my personal experience, go to: http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/v...1996#post421996

Hi-Tech sucks if you don't want to read the entire thread. My post is 3rd from the last at the bottom of the thread (Woe).

Back to my journey to try and find Teva's somewhere...hopefully. Roxane is ok but not the quality of Teva IMHO. And Hi-Tech may have caused liver problems (and made me very sick for 7 days).

Woe

ashley2882

Posted: October 28, 2012, 7:26 PM
I live in WI and all of our Walgreens carry the Hi Tech brand and I have been looking for Roxanne again. I hate the Hi tech SO much. For some reason they make my tongue and chest hurt pretty bad. I called and spoke to the pharmacist and there IS filler or inactive ingredients in them. Apparently, I am allergic to it. Of course my script is already filled and Dr out of the office for the next few days so I am screwed with these things. Wish I lived in PA about now. Anyways, you may find some help by calling the Hi Tech or Teva Company and ask where in you State they distribute to. I have to call the Roxanne Company before and their sales department was quite helpful. Good luck!

Posted: January 3, 2013, 1:54 AM

killerswag

Posted: January 2, 2013, 9:35 PM

anybody out there know where to get Hi Tec Teva 8 mg. subs in Michigan? I have been on subutex for about a year, and I see it as a miracle drug considering I am 31 and have been a drug addict for over 1/2 my life, this drug has saved my life. But I have a hard time finding the Teva tablets. I have heard the stories of this being more addictive then street drugs, but it works for me, i haven't had any kind of cravings for any type of drug since i started....
goombiah

Posted: January 28, 2013, 6:09 AM
i called teva myself they keep on saying that the medication is discontinued and in six weeks to eight weeks they will be back on the market but they have been saying that since they discontinued them so who know so lets hope they follow through and lets hope they charge cheaper for the inconvience and the lies
dilsee

Posted: February 4, 2013, 5:12 PM
I have a white round pill Teva 8 is the imprint it says teva on one side and 8 on the side that is scored it is a generic hydromorphone 8mg tablet which is Dilaudid again it says teva 8 round white pill and it sounds like the same pill almost
Confused

Posted: February 14, 2013, 5:46 PM
Oh man, just refilled buprenorphine (subutex) prescription and am shocked at how much of a difference in brands can really make. I have been on this medicine for awhile now and have experienced brand name and Roxane. Maybe Teva too, but can't remember. If I have, I didn't notice a difference.

HOWEVER, the Hi-Tech generic is unbelievably different, in a bad way. Of course the meds effect everyone differently due to our biological make-up, but after being on this brand for a few days there is no doubt less effect. I have always read online about people having different effects from different versions, but never really thought much about it because I never experienced it until now. Thought it was BS or placebo. I can honestly say it is about a 30-50% difference in potency (for me). It may be 2mg buprenorphine, but the other ingredients in there are really affecting absorption as well as it's half-life.

I will, I repeat, WILL no doubt run out early on this refill for the first time ever. Gotta call the doc today to discuss. Never again, never again.

Anyone else have issues with this brand?
Pauline

Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:48 PM
I am paying 160.oo every week for my scrip-t & 70.00 for the visit every week........ I cant afford this even with the coupon I print out from the sub website... I have to ween myself off now.. I feel like they are making it impossible, unless you have Medical Assistance... I am in PA

Posted: January 15, 2014, 4:40 PM
Don't know where you're from but here in Wales they got them in every chemist, people are against them saying they don't work as well as the big ones. We're having the big oval shaped ones atm which we prefer, they seem to be better...idk if it's psychological or not. However they're using the round ones with the arrow on one side and 8 on the back as a stand in when they run out of the big ones, which is all the time. Another brand they use (sorry I'm not clued up on the names) are large orange ones (and no they don't taste of orange/lemon), they're orange so that they can see the residue on your tongue in the chemist if you're attempting to sneak them out or not. Anyway this chemist is called The Co Op Pharmacy. They're a HUGE chain here in the UK, sorry if this is totally unhelpful.
NickySoprano

Posted: October 24, 2014, 9:36 PM
Rite Aid where i live in Warminster PA and philly only have hi tech. I would choose these over 30s and and diesel anyday... there Amazing
zach86

Posted: December 6, 2014, 6:28 PM
I live in Morgantown wv and go to a dr in Greensburg pa and I have the hardest time getting any of the subutex, bup variants, I ha a visit yesterday and today I still have my script, I ither get told I have to have a pa license or no we don't stock them and that's it, the two places I normally get them from are on backorder. I usually drive from Morgantown to Greensburg which is about 55 miles to my dr office, then from there another 45 miles to Washington pa to a giant eagle to get the Hi techs, which I don't mind at all but lately ive had a lot of trouble even getting the hi techs or the rox 54-411s , I just need my meds and its so annoying that I been in recovery for quit some time and cant even get my script filled. anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Posted: February 26, 2015, 4:49 PM
the Buprenorphine/Naltrex in the Suboxone formula. I see my doc every 2 months and my script always has one refill. I was switched to generic Subutex on November of 2011. I wasn't aware that there was a Bupe that didn't contain the Naltrex formula. So it was a tough 3 years. I have been getting my scripts filled at rite-aid. When I was first switched over, I was given the Roxane generic Bupe. This went on for a few years, until about summer of 2013. When my script was filled, I noticed the green sticker, which indicates that the pills contain the same ingredient but the pill are different. When I saw the that they were these small little 8mg pills, with an arrow on one side and a 8 on the other, I was shocked. I am like WTF!!?Buprenorphine is suppose to help with subduing cravings and helping with abuse. My first thought was these tiny little things could easily be broken down and used for IV or intranasal use. I weighed each one and was even more shocked that each pill all weighed the same, 12mg's. This meant that the pill was 8mg of Buprenorphine and 4mg of filler!!?? Basically, 66.6% of the pill contained Bupe and 33.3% contained filler. I had my routine down, I would always split the bigger, Roxane pills, in halves, one half at 12:00pm at lunch and the other half at 8:00pm before bed. These Hi-Tech generics, when split in half, dissolved rathed quickly. I also didn't feel that they were as effective as the bigger Roxane pills. I was fortunate that these smaller versions lasted for only 2 scripts. After 2 months, the pharmacy went back to the Roxane generics. This lasted for one year, all the way up until July of 2014. Once again, it was back to these small 8mg pills, however, this lasted for 4 months. From Nov 2014 to Jan 2015. I just filled my 2nd refill yesterday and I saw the green lable once again. Like before, it was right back to the Hi-Tech small 8mg pills.I don't like the small Hi-Tech pills for obvious reasons. The ratio of Bupe to filler is so much higher. Roxane's 8mg pills weighed in at 200mg, a far much higher filler to Bupe ratio. The Hi-Tech pills can be crushed into a very fine powder. I don't feel Hi-Tech isn't looking out for the patient's best interest but the company's best interest, the all mighty dollar. Buprenorphine has reached $1.3 billion in annual sales in the US alone, if you include worldwide sales, that figure goes up to $1.7 billion and growing. A new anti-depression druge, called ALKS-5164, is in phase III trials, the last phase before release to the public. Also a buccal formula, designed to deliver Buprenorphine/Naltrex via the cheek, is set compete with Suboxone Film application. The new buccal formula is estimated to reach total sales of $320 billion by 2019. This seems to indicate that pharmaceutical companies are trying to grab a piece and make their mark in that annual multi billion dolar Bupe market. These smaller pills, IMHO, this is just my opinion, is making a generic Bupe product that can be easily crushed. With a formula that has a much lower Bupe to filler ratio, this makes it easier for use that the drug was never designed for. With less filler, Bupe can be better absorbed through the muscus membranes via intranasal use and possibly less to no filler when used intravenously. This generic Buprenorphine product should be taken off the market entirely. It would be naive to think former abusers of Heroin to Oxycodone wouldn't be tempted to use it in such a way.
neil

Posted: March 11, 2015, 7:00 PM
I live in terra Alta WV & go to Pittsburg Dr for subutex & I cant find any pharmacy to fill my prescription its you need a Pa license or the dont care that. Can anyone tell me of a pharmacy that could fill them.
post replypost new topic