post replypost new topic
Gabapentin 300mg

Posted: September 17, 2017, 4:19 PM
Hi all, new to the forum but recovering / in recovery rather from a 20+yr battle.
Sober since July 29th 2017, where I died in the ambulance and had to be shocked back to the living after a particularly hard binge all that month on Vodka.

Just shy of 2 months in the hospital getting my body back to a stable enough condition so I could leave.

My Rx this time included gabapentin 3 times per day (300mg)
As most alcoholics know the worst of recovery is IMO the insomnia, joint pain, itching and general feelings of despair and depression and panic. I drank daily for those 20 some years, on the job at home, in secret (Water bottle or Gatorade blue).
While not specifically prescribed to *us*, I've been on the drug since middle of August and found it to be more effective than the alternatives, while it's not perfect it has done wonders for my joint pain and sleep, the two chief killers of my lifestyle.

Just throwing it out there, it's cheap (170 Capulets for $11.00 at Wal-Mart Pharmacy).
Has anyone else tried it? id be curious to know it's effects and or side effects it has on you, my side effects are minimal - other than constipation, no noticeable side effects.
I was on a cocktail of laxatives Ativan and heavy duty sleep aids, which I found just aggravated the symptoms I was experiencing.

Good luck all

Posted: September 17, 2017, 9:55 PM
Im on that too, 1 a day and I have to snap it now as it makes me very dizzy
Does help my sleep and leg pain, vodka was also my vex

--------------------
Today I Am Sober
Matt

Posted: September 19, 2017, 9:27 PM
I'm 3 years sober from alcoholism. I didn't take anything for the first year but was pretty miserable with anxiety and mood swings. I tried a few meds while figuring out what was wrong with me. I've been on Gabapenton for about a year now. It has been a huge help. Only side effect is it makes me sleepy and I lose focus in meetings. I mostly just take it at night.
post replypost new topic