next >  post replypost new topic
Back Here For The 3rd Time Since 2005

Posted: January 5, 2018, 5:37 PM
Thought I had this thing in the bag. Was clean for years and a few of my golf buddies starting taking a perc for our rounds. Didn't do at first but dang, they were playing so well and having so much fun. I took 1 and off to the races. By the end of the summer I was naturally at 20 a day. Im back here as this is my 3rd day clean. I forgot about this BS withdrawal. Id rather stick forks in my eye while eating glass. Hope everybody is doing well. This site helped me immensely in the past so here I am again to offer advice that I clearly can't heed myself.

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: January 6, 2018, 2:11 AM
Hi! What was your drug of choice when you got clean?

Posted: January 6, 2018, 9:54 AM
Hi Flipper!

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: January 6, 2018, 1:38 PM
Hi Scared Mom. Unfortunately this is not my first rodeo; come to think of it, its not my second third, fourth or fifth rodeo either. Always been 40-80mg oxys but his time around it was just the percocets which made this detox exponentially easier than the last few times. On day 4 now and feeling pretty good as I was anticipating the worst and it wasn't. Unfortunately, Ive gotten pretty good at this detox and hoping this is the last time. Maybe Ill purge some of this stubbornness and listen to people like 12 Stepper this time around. Im not sure how much clean time I have as I shudder at the thought of looking back at my old posts and timelining. Kinda like hearing your own voice on a recording or seeing yourself on a home video. Cant do it, but I think I had 5-7 years of complete sobriety. Thought I had it nailed. Wrong again. It literally took 1 innocent percocet on a beautiful May morning and here I am 4 days out from taking 4 percocets every 2 hours all day everyday. Just insane this stupid disease.

12 Stepper! Hi! Nice to see you're still around helping all us folks. You're a good egg. How's everything with you? Hope life is blissful for you. You deserve it.

--------------------

Posted: January 6, 2018, 6:04 PM
End of day 4, feeling alright. Drinking one of those EmergenC packets everyday and whether its placebo or something else, it really seems to work. Ive been saying this for years. Unfortunately Ive gotten pretty good at detox and for anybody on day 3 or up I can't stress enough how integral exercise is in speeding up the process. I know well how difficult it is to motivate yourself to do it but boy does it work. Harder you push, better you sleep as well. Bananas, loose leaf tea (yeah I know Im a tea snob), hot baths with sea salt, copious amounts of water, gatorade or scotch (just kidding) and music. Lots and lots of music. My biggest hurdle is the depression but remembering how jovial, happy and sunny I was for the last few years has been helping. I can't look at my family or shows from the 70', 80s without bawling my face off. Be well y'all

--------------------

Posted: January 6, 2018, 7:25 PM
Hi Flipper:

Hope ur getting through your detox.

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: January 6, 2018, 7:49 PM
Hi Jeff. Thanks bud. Hope all is good with you. If you're still in Fla, bundle up. Y'all got some of our Canadian wind come your way.

--------------------

Posted: January 7, 2018, 8:48 AM
Hi Jeff

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

Mark Twain

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: January 7, 2018, 9:32 AM
Hi Kat

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

One Day At A Time

Posted: January 7, 2018, 1:13 PM
Funny how soon I forgot how big of a pain in the arse these withdrawals are. Day 5 and feeling pretty good. Been on the phone with some friends, driving around a few of my teenage daughters to hockey practice and miraculously feeling 80%. I always felt day 5,7 and 10 were good days in my experience. Im no climatologist but think its a million below zero so that sucks but its warming up today for all us North Americans. -36 last night was just plain stupid, and thats coming from a Canadian who's lived here for more than 4 decades. Thanks for listening folks. Have a blissful day. Looking forward to watching the Bills get their behinds handed to them.

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2018, 4:15 PM
Day 7. I feel like the human equivalent of beige indoor/outdoor carpet with a small coffee stain, or an old WKRP rerun at 5:30 pm on an overcast Sunday.

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2018, 4:29 PM
Flipper - I like your humor. you got this! thanks for the laughs!

Posted: January 9, 2018, 6:24 PM
Good to see you made it back, Flipper. I don't know about you but that rodeo of popping 20 pills a day and then detoxing just seemed to get more & more tiring and now, hitting my 50's, it scares me that it could actually kill me. Of course, you could have never told me that back when and then Sammy (Denise) died and I thought she had the whole recovery thing perfected.

Today, what I realize is we get a daily reprieve and I have to do it with surrounding support because my screwed up brain will and does still tell me I can take one, I can have one drink like others, my brain LIES to me that's why I hang around and go to meetings where I hear the truth about myself and it does help.

Glad to see you. Hang in there, it does get better, you remember that and your natural personality and zest for life WILL return once your brain & body our cleared of the substances.

Hi Ms. Katbird & hi to you, Jeff. Good to see you both on here responding and helping others. I love you both.

Take care,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: January 9, 2018, 6:31 PM
Hello flipper...ya its me poopie.Ive gone back to pills. But for some reason and I'm being totally honest...I was taking 12 to 15 pills a day 10 years ago now I take 6 per day has prescribed..really ..and never took more well maybe 1 more here and there. But just mainly take has prescribed...I'm on a pain contract get tested every three months always pass,because I don't take more, but like I said maybe 1 here and there take 10.325 Lortab.I have pain issues,,but the thing is when I have tramadol which I'm allowed to take prn 2 a day, I never ever abuse them which means never slip in one extra,Im being 100 per cent truthful. That's what I cant understand ,,never went back to abusing them.Im very confused about this. I hope your well friend have always liked you.amen

Posted: January 9, 2018, 7:46 PM
WKRP—LMAO

Hello—Stacey

This post has been edited by Suboxman on January 9, 2018, 7:46 PM

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

One Day At A Time

Posted: January 10, 2018, 8:31 AM
Well, hello Miss 24Gordon

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

Mark Twain

Posted: January 10, 2018, 7:35 PM
Stacey!!! Yay! So good to see you're doing well. Thanks for the words. Hope you and your family have a happy healthy new year. That goes for all of you in here obviously.

Day 8. Blah. Thats all day 8 is. Day 8 is Moms '79 Buick Regal, windows UP- Benson and Hedges reacquainting themselves with my face and lungs, listening to her Barry Manilow 8 track over and over until Mandy gets in my head for a solid month. Not the worst or not the greatest.

Be well, all

--------------------

Posted: January 16, 2018, 12:18 PM
Day 14. Came out of the house this morning with my dogs to a breathtaking Canadian, snow filled panorama. Just gorgeous. I rarely stop and smell the proverbial roses so standing in a few feet of snow in sober serenity; captivated, appreciative, and once again- happy. I remember how delightful life is without these pills.
Back to normal from a physical standpoint, and up to this point, a mental and emotional standpoint as well. Ive done this too many times to count my lucky stars but as dumb as I am, Im a tiny bit more experienced. Still wrestling with meetings/therapy due to a false pride but thats what Ill be working on this time around. Poopie, Im a guy to answer your question from before. At least I WAS a guy for many years. I live in a sea of estrogen and have 3 girls so it's debatable but Im clinging to every last morsel of manliness I can. Even my dogs and cat are all females.
Everybody, be well and have a beauty Tuesday.

--------------------

Posted: January 18, 2018, 10:53 AM
Due to years of getting hit in my face and head, I lost count, but think Im at day 16 or 17. Of course I could look back and do some remedial math, but my arithmetic acumen is that of a baby lemur on crack. So Ill go with 17.
Sleeps back to normal, happiness is a solid 85% with 15% of days in that foggy malaise but January in Canada delivers that malaise anyhow so, whatever.
Going to New Orleans tomorrow and heading out on a music cruise to Mexico. 2 weeks of concerts and food. My mind needs this bad, my new man boobs do not need this bad but hey. I need me some 'Merica anyhow. Love that country of yours.
Be well, y'all and keep up the good fight for whomever is still in the ring. Tons of hope for those of you in the first week. Im back to normal at 17.

--------------------

Posted: January 18, 2018, 11:05 AM
See? I knew it. Pulled out my abacas and see that its only Day 16. Idiot!!!!
Pythagorus, I am not. So I can't do math or can't draw a picture which means Im neither left side of the brain OR right side. Troubling to say the least. Couldn't even help my 18 year old with her English exam studying last night and I majored in History and English.

But thats better news for anybody in the throes of w/d. Day 16, not 17, and Im relatively back to normal.

--------------------
post replypost new topic