< prev  post replypost new topic
I Quit 40mg Liquid Methadone Cold Turkey..my Choic
damtay12

Posted: June 16, 2018, 12:41 PM
So i know this is old thred and dont think ill get answers. I am a single dad and have full job. My kids mother just left me and my son to getting high. I haven't been able to work much and dont drive to top it off my clinic moved location so its hard to get there so any way last year i was on 100mg for 5 years. I new clinic was moving and tired of going there so i started tapering and been no issues till recently. I am finaly down around 14 mg and around 5-6 p.m. i want another dose lol so big question is should i just stop going or will my body catch up to my dose and become bearable it wouldn't be so bad if i had help with my son

Posted: June 16, 2018, 7:29 PM
Your body will catch up but take it slow!! Make sure you exercise, EAT HEALTHY and drink a tone of water!!
QuittingIsHard

Posted: June 19, 2018, 11:51 PM
Tomorrow will be three weeks for me. I thought it was only a two week notice but I see people on here saying they still felt it at 23 days. It is definitely getting progressively easier. Basically the first part of my day I keep having this joint restlessness where I'm extremely lethargic and keep needing to stretch, etc. Towards the evening, it's not so bad. I have done Vicodin and Oxys a few times since, I thought that was the reason it was lasting longer than the two weeks I expected, like that extra opiate high was prolonging the withdrawal. Glad to hear that this is actually relatively normal. So it could end up lasting up to six weeks? That's all bad, but I'm feeling a lot better, so there's no going back now.
QuittingIsHard

Posted: June 19, 2018, 11:54 PM
Actually, for my first four days or so I was taking Tramadol and I think that ended up helping out a lot, because back in January I tried writing cold turkey and failed after three days, but this time ended up being much, much easier in the first few days. I would recommend this, but don't take too much.
post replypost new topic