Lotsa Anxiety
Lynn
Posted: December 9, 2017, 9:17 PM

I know the feeling. Reminds me of when I was a child, getting into trouble, and my parents not yelling at me but rather looking disappointed. I would rather they yelled or something. lol

I don't know about withdrawal really. I've read it does calm down soon, but I never had any like I have read about. Pirate has experience with this, and others here also. I'm re reading the Big Book online right now. It was so helpful to me back then, and reading it again there is so much wisdom there. Just think of all the people who have been where you and I have been, and even worse, and managed to overcome. I love those people, who cared enough to write that book.
tiredofthis2017
Posted: December 9, 2017, 9:22 PM

With my withdrawal it’s emotional/mental but it’ll include physical in time if I continue
This sucks though
Posted: December 9, 2017, 9:36 PM

Hi Tired. Congratulations on not drinking! Those first weekends are the worse . We grieve in early sobriety because we have given up something that was a companion and crutch to us. Just because it was bad does not mean we dont miss it. Now would be a good time to find yourself an hobby. Find out what your interests are and develop them. I sewed a quilt by hand in early recovery . It was not much to look at but it kept me occupied, hands busy and even tho it looked kind of sorrowful when completed I was proud of it so I made another one and then another. I would also suggest that you do something so you can visibly see your progress in days sober. I would save beans in a jar,putting in a bean each day I was sober. It was important to me to see those beans accumulate. Have you tried reading the AA book? if so look for the similarities in regards to your situation with others. I am sure you will relate to what you read. It is good that you are here for it means you are looking for a solution instead of feeding the problem. One day at a time.. JUST FOR TODAY.. DONT DRINK..and tomorrow do the same thing again. If you want to drink you will find an excuse if you want to stay sober you will find a reason...hang in there ..you CAN do this...................

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
tiredofthis2017
Posted: December 9, 2017, 9:43 PM

Thanks
I believe that this is the hardest thing I’ve ever attempted
But along with the craving there’s another thing that shows up and does the opposite
Hard to explain but it’s making me not drink
Weird but true
And new to me
Lynn
Posted: December 9, 2017, 11:06 PM

Just keep coming back and posting each day if you can, and you will see it helps. It helped me in many ways to post here every day. Even during a slow period here, like around holidays and such, it helps to just let out your feelings. Even if a member is not here to post something in response, there are readers here who are looking for help and you may help someone else. Also, it was very profound for me the first time I actually read back over things I had written months prior. I was blown away by how far I'd come, and it helped me to realize even more about my healing process. It's anonymous, it's free, and there are people here you can learn a lot from, who genuinely care about you. It helps to know you are not alone.:)
tiredofthis2017
Posted: December 9, 2017, 11:23 PM

Yea it’s really helping
I’m finding answers
I don’t know what I thought I was doing but the spiral I was caught in screamed “No Future”
I really dig this thing in my mind that’s counteracting the desire to be drunk
Dunno what it is but it’s helping
Posted: December 13, 2017, 11:44 AM

For me I can still control my addiction to alcohol. Once a week I find way to drink more than 6 bottles of beer. I never yet found something weird of my body or so called addiction, but maybe sooner I will try to visit local lab testing near my hometown.
  top of page  Top