post replypost new topic
Heavy Drinking Alkie Now A Food Snob To Cover Up.

Posted: March 22, 2019, 1:16 PM
The family alkie still drinks like a fish. In order to cover up the diabetes he got from decades of excessive drinking and lifestyle he is now a food snob. He blames anything with sugar in it including real fruit. Sugar's bad for you, Sugar is poop. He won't admit or accept the fact his drinking/decisions led to him being the only one in the family with no history of diabetes even in their late senior years to get diabetes. As usual it's always somebody else's or something else's fault.

He tries to act like he doesn't have diabetes but all other conversations, symptoms and doctors thoughts and instructions indicate he is indeed diabetic. But that goes along with not accepting responsibility for his actions. He's also had other medical issues from the drinking and/or are common with diabetics as well.

Most of his food snobbery is also virtue signaling(nothing new there). But his views are becoming contorted. He's telling under weight people to get stronger and healthier to drink diet or low calorie sports drinks among other things.( Should note a study came out this week on the risks of diet soda consumption). But the hypocrisy of it all he'll still eat certain snacks foods or even candies if they have more than a few grams of protein to rationalize it. The biggest contradiction is still the drinking. People must realize alcohol is a sugar, if one drinks 6-10 hours straight that's like consuming sugar for the same time.

All this goes back to the alkie or addict actually wanting to change and/or stop. Until that day come expect antics like this until the very end.

This post has been edited by samegame on March 22, 2019, 1:17 PM

Posted: March 22, 2019, 8:37 PM
Samegame does he really ever fool people? They must know he is addicted to alcohol if he's drinking for so many hours each day, right?

Posted: March 23, 2019, 12:42 AM
True, he's trying to deflect as much as anything. He has to put on a show to others to make it seem like he's in control of what he's doing. It's helps rationalize and deflect from the volume of alcohol. I just find it very hypocritical and ignorant.

He still fools people though because image is his number one priority. Wether it's his clothes or going out of his way to say the right thing or ACT a certain way in front of others. He already has a very contrived image and compartmentalized life/set of friends partly to maintain that image by keeping them out of the loop on his history and more common habits-like drinking too much.

Posted: March 23, 2019, 4:42 AM
It's hard to understand the amount of energy and time he puts into someone who he's really not. I know of a few people like this too. They wear a social mask and manipulate alot. Under the mask is the real self and it's nothing like the fake self. Their personality is very disordered.

Posted: March 23, 2019, 11:09 AM
From an alcoholic in recovery point of view... when we are in the midst of our addiction, we truly believe the lies we are trying to sell others because others stay silent about our actions. We think we have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and noone knows the depth of our disease.

I'm not saying confront him. That won't work either because the disease allows us to twist the story as needed. Just know what you are describing is part of the disease itself...

--------------------
Rahne
I battled my own addiction only to be buried by another's...

Posted: March 23, 2019, 1:21 PM
I see what you are saying about 'the disease'. The chemicals do contort or affect the thinking. But many also feel that the chemicals simply lower impulse control. In other words these thoughts and ideas run through his head naturally. They are a thought to many even sober but they have the control not to make these ideas a reality.

Problem is here he is a full fledged gray haired adult and showed signs of a scamming and manipulative personality before chemicals became a daily part of his life. These games or strategies are a legitimate way of life to him. He's been doing them for so long he doesn't know any different. I wish I could think if he leads a sober life things will change but I simply don't see it.

And wouldn't a contrived image that must be maintained be a sign of narcissism? I thought narcissists were all about the life they made for themselves.

This post has been edited by samegame on March 23, 2019, 1:39 PM

Posted: March 23, 2019, 1:37 PM
I think Rayne's post and insights are really good. Some people do have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Some people with addictions have narcissistic tendencies, as result of active addiction, but don't have NPD.
post replypost new topic