< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
I Can't Stop Smoking Marijuana!!
Mike,

Posted: August 13, 2013, 8:28 AM
DAC,,

I understand it is just that i wish i didn't. Your right though if i can go a week i can go a month, year, etc...It turns out whenever i drink and smoke after it is never a good high. I guess in a way it was good. It showed me how much better i felt while not high compared to high. Especially when you drink it takes you to a whole other level. I do not drink often maybe once a week, but i will have to start my road to recovery again unfortunately. I will keep you updated. Thanks for the advice DAC i will keep what you said on my mind. Don't beat yourself over the relapse after 7 years. The first step is to realize you have a problem and we are past that.

Posted: August 13, 2013, 11:03 PM
mike

If you were committed to a long term diet and you went to a birthday party over the weekend and ate too much cake. Would you still give up on your diet? No, you would try that much harder to get back to where you were before the party. Same for what you did this past weekend with the weed. For the record, I dont have a problem at all with occassional use. It's when I have my own supply that I cant seem to limit my use and go back to all day everyday use. But for me, MJ lost most of its luster. The synthetic killed my tolerance and I cant even enjoy pot that much anymore , so that desire is pretty much gone now.

But you havent quit before for this long. Your body will still need to do some adjusting, as will your mind as far as what to do at night when you normally would smoke to cap off the day. Find something to fill the time, something constructive, It will help!

Mike

Posted: August 15, 2013, 1:13 PM
Dac,

It has been 5 days since my relapse. Had a little urge yesterday but went for a run to clear my head. I will keep you updated.

Hope your staying strong.

Talk to you soon

Posted: August 16, 2013, 9:52 AM
mike

Good to hear that you are still making progress. So am I to understand that you have had one day of slipping in almost 2 weeks? And you smoked for 5 years almost nonstop? You are kicking a** and taking names if that is true!! At about the two week mark you will start to think about this less and less. And at the fabled '28 day' mark addictive habits are suppossed to have worked their way completely out of your short term consciousness. This means you will have to willfully go back to smoking....Unfortunately something that I have done many times.

But that was only because I wanted to be numb during those times and marijuana or the synthetic was just the tool I used to achieve this. If I dont use my mind productively, it will turn in on itself and I get tired of being down. Bad memories and isolation exacerbate this. So I am staying busy and trying to stay connected. I actually feel pretty good right now and it comes from the smallest of encouragements. I write in various blogs every day, and I have been getting a lot of positive feedback which seems to spur me to write more.

Encouragement helps!! So I try and encourage people whenever I can. For people who are battling an addiction every little bit helps. Oddly, I dont really consider myself an addict unless I am in possession of something that I want to use. I really can stop anytime I want. But if I had a 'stash' right now I would then apply the label because I would not be able to do 'just a little' - it would be every day use. Does that make any sense?

I only seek out weed or its alternative when struggling with depression and the consequences of the fallout from last years nightmare. But when these things are not present? No problem. When I feel successfull and hopeful - no problem. When I can sleep without the constant waking up at night....NO problem!

I guess what I am saying is that if you set your mind to something - you can do it, so dont worry. But in social settings be aware that you will still enjoy getting high in the company of others. Just dont buy any and take it home!! If I do this only occassionally, again, no problem. But If I get a quarter and tell myself that I will only smoke occassionally.....there's the problem!! So just dont have your own supply and you should easily beat the addiction part of this drug. And sure, it would be better to never smoke again. But if you do just remember. Limit it to the experience you are in....Don't take any home with you!!

hope this helps!

Posted: October 3, 2013, 9:52 AM
I know that it’s difficult to quit Marijuana, once addicted but still I believe it’s not impossible. To get released from this type of addiction, firstly you have to be head strong towards getting rid of it. Now you follow a simple path which would be “stick on your determination”, and remove all the contents of Marijuana from your house so that you don’t get fragmented again to its smell. Start thinking that you were not addicted to it before and gets to start a new life. Start living like a normal person and do exercises daily. Hope this helps you in getting rid of Marijuana.

--------------------
Drug Rehab Treatment

Posted: October 3, 2013, 9:58 PM
I can tell you that your drinking was a 'gateway' drug to smoking pot again. This is why AA NA CA will tell you a drug is a drug and that complete abstinence from all substances is a must.

Don't beat yourself up for relapsing. Those seven years you had clean are considered like money in the bank. They are not gone and you can still draw upon your strength from those clean years to get back on the horse and ride.
Listen to DAC as he has a wealth of sage advice to give.

Good Luck
emely

Posted: October 8, 2013, 3:14 PM
please someone I just cant stop smoking weed anyone can call me and help me?> please call me at 347 501 2349
rgb

Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:11 PM
Hi,

My name is Simon. I'm 31 and I started smoking when I was 15. Last 7 years, I was smoking about 1g per day. Since then I'm actually starting to experience worst symptoms of mj using. No energy to do anything. No energy for sex with my now ex girlfriend , no energy to do something new, no energy to go out on weekend.

I am actually fighting the fight to quit everyday. Unfortunatelly I'm usually loosing it. I'm making some 3,4 day breaks, I plan on smoking less, I plan on smoking only on weekends, or ... when there's a good ocasion. Unfortunatelly I'm used to just sitting in front of tv, computer while smoking and every evening I feel this urge to smoke. I was smoking cigarrettes, and I quit, but I started to smoke tabacco/mj blunts. Now I am quitting two addictions, one is more physical, one psychological. Still working on it - bought e-cigar, for problems with sleeping (when I don't smoke) I prepared Melatonine, and it's working.
Still one problem remains - no new hobby, no girlfriend, all friends married.
I have nothing else to do in the evenings , and what I am doing - I was usually doing stoned.
Still, I'm fighting now, because don't wanna be alone, and the chances are much more smaller that I go out and meet someone when stoned (it doesn't bother me that much when I'm high, or I don't tend to think about it when I'm high).
Anyone got an idea for a nice hobby ? :) I read books for now, but I should get more active I suppose.

It's difficult, but maybe I will be able to "control" it a bit. At least until I meet someone who will fill my time/life, I think then the chance to actually let go of mj will be bigger.

I wrote this post after reading about problems with sleeping, when not smoking. Try melatonine, at least for a month/max 2. Maybe it will fix your internal clock/ or help in producing this hormone by your body again. Maybe just use it occasionaly, when you got time to sleep, and want to make this sleep longer/better. It's helping me, but you gotta realise this - when you are providing hormones by pills, your body may stop making it by itself.

Good luck on your path guys, you'll be allright, keep fighting.

S.

Miles

Posted: January 10, 2014, 2:42 AM
I started smoking at age 13 it was great the first few years .i soon realized i needed to quit , my frontal lobe was a non active for about 4 hours after I smoked headaches and paranoia started to settle in at about age 16 ,17 I quit seeing all of my 50 plus family members ,that as a kid would see on a weekly basis . Age 21 I a full blown scitzofrenic not leaving my house or talking to any of my life long friends because I was so nervous, nervous of neighbors and what they thought about me ,panic attacks all day long ,no job ,suicidal , no female action . Keep in mind I was and am a aspiring male model or fitness model. I quit weed at 22 and now I have and do everything I ever wanted ,the future is bright as he'll now.

JimmyR

Posted: February 25, 2014, 2:17 AM
Momma1

To stop smoking weed as I have after ten years of smoking:

There are a few things that you have to take in consideration when you decide you want to stop smoking weed.

1. Decide that you ARE going to stop smoking in the immediate future. (for life can sound like a tough daily struggle) And lets face it, smoking pot can be a good time!
2. Take a different approach of why you are going to stop, a new perspective, such as: Saving money, giving your lungs a break, tightening up your eating habits, and saving time for more activities throughout the day
3. Make plans. Whether it be to make goals for yourself to achieve day to day, or simply picking up a new hobby.... You need to have something to do, to take your mind off just smoking pot. Something that will fill your void from your usual smoke sessions.
4. Do not surround yourself with people that want to smoke pot... At least, in front of you. Take away the temptation. Don't break up with your friends, just let them know the situation and that you are serious about it... to the point of refusing to be in the area of weed smoke.
5. Realize that the first week or two will be the toughest.(As is the case with heavy drugs, your mind ties to reason why it wouldn't be so bad to relapse...'Its only been a couple days.' BUT once get a month under your belt, it will be easy to deny use. In my case, weed was exclusively addictive MENTALLY. Old habits are not easily broken, but after you have broken it... its silly to think how tough you THOUGHT it was.
6. Know that you can feel as though you are not addicted, but that means nothing without the measurable results to prove it.

Simply put, you need to set yourself up for success. Realize you have a problem. Voice it. Declare you are going to do something about it. DO something about it, every day. Go pickup a hobby that will be more constructive to your life and save your money!

You can always have a drink when you've had a rough day!

You might want to look into going to a course about improving your EQ. I highly recommend one from las vegas. Really puts life in perspective.
donG

Posted: June 10, 2014, 4:39 PM
f*** i need to quit ive been smokin onat starting at 11 currently 16 i started smoking everyday when i was 12 an just cant stop i dont kno the last full day of beong sober was for me i dont see my mom which got me f***ed up but still got my dad who always tells me if i want to quit i can but it feels like i dont want to quit. i just feel like i f*** up everyday and feel calm when i smoke. my brain is always thinking on od levels so i always jus end up thinking how wothless i am and s*** like that it makes me hate my f***ing life and the only tome i seem happy is when im high with my friends but i guess u could say im not really happy i just need help and felt the need to share to see what you guys have to say. Also im failing all my classes in school just to add that im just f***ed
micheal hargreaves

Posted: June 11, 2014, 9:58 PM
hey,i cinda need help to im 17 i have been blazing since i was 8 i never went to secondy school never done a exam or a test in my life all way causing s*** on the streets i even took my familys stuff for weed and its all because of this s*** and is all i wonna do it quit this s*** so i can sort my life out go collage try get a jobs and fihure my life out but i cant do that wile im smoking weed i smoke like 7g a day and i have even cut down i was smoking like a oz a day and i was making the money sellin it to smoke it and i know i sound young but you life i your suroundin and mine was bad so does anyone have a any advise for me ?? i just wonna change my life :((
rohit

Posted: July 19, 2014, 6:03 PM
Hi..I was just going through the forums regarding marijuana addiction. I am dealing with the same problem, myself. I am a researcher and like to mix creativity and science. So weed is like a stimulation for to think out of the box, at least that is what I think. I have smoked all my graduation years, my 3 years job, masters and even now. I never had any problem doing the essential stuffs even when I was smoking everyday. But then, I didn't do anything extraordinary as well. I want to achieve a great deal in life but smoking weed is taking it away from me because I waste a lot of time after smoking. Everything sounds like a tough or boring job for me after smoking. Wasting time on internet is all I do when high.

There are some definite problems with smoking pot and I listing them below. I am sure many of you will agree or relate to most of them :-

1. Spoils relations. The first step of smoking pot is getting the pot. I live in a place where it is not legal to sell and you have to contact a guy who knows other guy; you get the idea. So I generally ask my local friends to get it for me. This pretty much changes the relationship from friendship to dealer-customer relationship. It does not matter how nicely you ask your friend, the friendship is gone. Then you also have problem getting into new relationship or say getting a new girlfriend. I am never motivated enough to approach people when I'm high and this keeps me from knowing and relating to other people.

2. Money: Yes, it is robbing me of a lot of money which I could have used for a nice vacation or buy a car. Its not that it is the biggest expense for me but still, wasting money for something which is counter-productive is not the best deal. I feel bad every time I pay for weed. But I am happy and content again when I get the stuff.

3. Dependence: I am too dependent on this stuff. It seems weed is holding the key to my happiness. It's like a refuge for me when I am done with the day after my work. I am really depressed when I don't have the stuff and when I have it, I just can't stop smoking. It is more interesting for me to just stay in my room and smoke than to go out and do other activities.

4. Productivity: I am super-confused when I want to solve something that requires me to go into details. I do my job alright, but with more effort and time than normally required. I want to include confidence in this because it is sometimes really helpful or say, easier to do stuffs when you are confident. I am a timid little guy when high and its difficult to keep my head up.

I think this pretty much sums up all the problems I have due to marijuana. But, I am not sure that my life will be better if I stop smoking. I remember the days before I started smoking, I was really depressed most of the time. My friends used to have fun and I could not enjoy along with them coz for me it was forced and shallow. I somehow felt that I have greater understanding of life and that is what stopping me have fun. I still don't know and caught in the same situation. So I have started avoiding people who don't qualify my standard of fun. That's like 50 percent of the people.

So I don't know if I am going to be a better or worse person if I quit. I don't have much desire in my life(except doing some great research). I was never good with girls even before smoking. So I have just stopped trying. I am not so much into travelling, food or exercise. May be I am the perfect candidate for smoking weed :) .

What I like about smoking pot is that it makes you independent of others opinion and lets you enjoy yourself. It is something that I can go back to when depressed or bored. I think about it when working and feel happy that I have something to do when I go home and I love it, like having a girlfriend who is hot, fun and I don't have to appease her to be with me. But sometimes when I smoke the whole day, I feel really stupid and the fun seems superficial.

I want to get rid of reliance on this stuff. I don't want to be a marijuana slave, I just want to have it just for fun bcoz I really love smoking it.
Jessica HELP

Posted: August 17, 2014, 5:50 PM
HI GUYS

I started smoking September 2012 when I was 18 years old.
I get sick almost every second day because of weed.
I look out my window everyday because Im so scared someone will come and get me.
I dont have any dreams during my sleep and I wake up with extreme pain in my intestines.
I cant concentrate at TAFE and I failed my course last semester.
I have lost all my friends and my family dont want to speak to me.
I have lost over 17 kgs on a chocolate and KFC diet.. weird.
I dribble and stumble my words every conversation.
I am extremely scared to talk over the phone and delay speaking to my parents around 2 weeks.
I think i hear people saying Im a b**** or I look crazy.
I think people know Im on weed.
I was submitted to hospital after travelling to melbourne from sydney without weed for two days.
I cant quit and everyone I know on weed says its so easy to quit :(
I lie to my parents everyday telling them I quit a YEAR ago.
I vomit after every meal I have with my parents.
I cant get my implanon (contraceptive) removed because im terrified of needles now..

I NEED HELP PLEASE im 20 years old and my boyfriend wont help me.
my life is going to be ruined if i dont get help.
I have visited the drug councellor but she didnt believe i was sick because of weed and sent me to rehab. im to scared to go ARGHHHHH i want to stop being lazy and get off my a** but i feel sick and unenergized everyday!! :( im such a pitty case but i literally just want to quit.
sargeant.j@hotmail.com

Posted: August 23, 2014, 12:54 PM
Jessica

I wouldnt usually say this with marijuana, but if you are experiencing extremes the way you described - rehab might not be a bad idea. If you cant put the weed away on your own, and you have started to burn bridges concerning your future, maybe a controlled environment would do you well.

Marijuana can bring on severe anxiety when paranoia is experienced the way you describe it. At your age you cant push everyone out of your life this way and expect to have much of a future. Take this advice from someone who knows about isolation. Drug talk and my controversial opinions on marijuana have made almost all my immediate family not want much to do with me - but that is actually helpful to me in a lot of ways. From what you wrote I can tell this would not be the case with you. You need people around you to keep you accountable.

Writing things out helps

Dan

Posted: January 5, 2015, 7:28 PM
Hello all,

Not sure if this is still going but i guess the topic is still very relevant.

I am Dan, i am 24. Finished Uni and been smoking for about 8 years. Ill admit i love weed, the smell, sight and feel. But recently i have noticed its just become such a drain on life. I have a fairly decent job and flat, i have gradually lost most of my friends due to my weed issue and probably spent thousands on weed in the past. But i guess we just look forward as the past is done and theres f*** all we can do about it now.
Recently i decided to stop (2 days ago) and i just wanted to share whats going on physically and emotionally to help anyone if they are starting to think the same. Let me say one thing if its ever crossed ur mind "do i smoke too much" then u probably do.

So far i have experienced trippy dreams and generally poor sleep, headaches and general tiredness. But honestly i feel so good. Generally the green holds you back so much and i used to find id just make excuses for everything to justify this smoking.

If anyone out there is having a rough time with it drop me an email and we can talk:

***please don't post personal contact info. thanks, the moderators***

This post has been edited by moderator on January 5, 2015, 10:10 PM

Posted: January 6, 2015, 8:29 PM
Dan

Your experience is similar to many. Read when you want information, ask questions when you dont know something, and keep taking it one day at a time. Plenty of info here to help understand what you are feeling. Dont be afraid to ask if you feel down or confused.
dan123

Posted: January 16, 2015, 2:01 PM
Hi All

My name is Dan, I'm 29 yrs and have been smoking for 10+ yrs. I was never an alcohol person, in fact there was a point where I only smoked and never touched alcohol. I'm also a strong believer in the super natural hence it has always been easier to motivate smoking, I also like living off the grid, or rather not be influenced by the “system”. (forum member DAC has touched on this with Facebook and how judgemental society is etc etc...) Please allow me to share my story

The then:

I was able to stop for about 2 years at some point, but relapsed in 2012. I moved from my birth place and got my own place, this was obviously the best opportunity for a fresh start. I then got promoted at work, it was a project that really pushed me to the limits! I did fine for the duration of the project, but only to be a** f***** by my boss (My apologies for the language), see.... they needed an escape goat for this project, if things would go wrong then I would take the fall... I did the opposite and it became successful, they started playing games and trying to get rid of me and use sub-contractors for the remainder of the project. Please bear in mind I wasn’t smoking during this! (This part is probably unnecessary but its very important as its the reason I’m typing this...)

I happen to be a very short tempered person, grew up with a lot of anger and this really infuriated me! I started using at this point, obviously it started as an occasional thing, then everyday, then I had supplier, then more suppliers + few “new” friends (all smokers) and there.... I was back at it. I started using heavy while also on the verge of loosing my job, no girlfriend, living alone!!! Weed did help me a lot during this phase, but I lost of a lot of good friends, my relationship with my family was also affected

The now:

I’m now engaged to a very beautiful, supportive & loving woman, we have a 6 months old baby girl and living together. I’m really at a phase where its now very important for me to stop using, I have tried in the past but would last only a day at most! Recently I was able to stop for 3 days (without her support this wouldn’t have happened, Thanks Love!). During this 3 days I have been able to see changes, my eyes where literally brown in colour but are becoming white again. I also feel my body/brain has rested, the constant thinking has also stopped and I’m able to live in the moment for a change. I must admit though the edge to roll and puff has been there heavily, I’ve been taking 20 – 30 min walks when they come and it seems to have helped.

My biggest problem is I’m currently on leave and returning back to work on Monday (19 Jan 2015) and I know very well my current work situation is going to stress me, the only thing I will be waiting for is getting home and puffing. I say this coz I still work for the same company above, I really need your help to beat this!
Today was supposed to be my 4th day but I’ve lapsed (with a joint I've had for the past 3 days) and burnt it literally to type this. If you allow me, I’m still on 4 days and with 3 days to go before work, I really need your help on strategies to beat this.
I've noticed the mood swings, lack of sleep, the dreams and the short temper but I've also noticed the walks really help, I'm thinking of getting bike and start cycling perhaps in the afternoon. My problem is everything I've been doing for the past 3 years flat was either weed or done while high. Ill probably have to start new hobbies but its not easy as I've turned into an anti-social person.

So any words from you or tips or anything really will be highly appreciated.
My apologies if my story is long but it helped on my side to write everything down.

Posted: January 16, 2015, 2:06 PM
Have you considered Narcotics Anonymous? It works for me and millions of others.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Daniel

Posted: January 28, 2015, 3:51 AM
Hi my name is Daniel and I've been smoking pot regularly for 4 years now. Pot has torn apart my life. I need to quit. I recently suffered and accident and I am lucky to be alive. I was stoned and it caused the accident. I ended up breaking my jaw but luckily that can be fixed and I still have my life. The hospital bills however are through the roof due to my accident. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to quit?

Thanks
post replypost new topic