110 DAYS!

Love,
Wishing

Posted: November 10, 2018, 4:59 PM
114 Days!

Love,
Wishing

Posted: November 10, 2018, 9:15 PM
AWESOME Wishing. So happy for you! How have your feelings both physically and mentally changed since you have gotten sober? Keep up the good work! and keep posting. It helps not only yourself by coming here but you also help others by bringing hope and inspiration. ..Take care and God bless....

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: November 16, 2018, 6:41 PM
4 Months Today!

I'm thankful for God giving me the strength to not drink.
I'm thankful for my family and giving my mom the best birthday gift 4 Months without a drop of alcohol.
I'm also thankful for this group and everyone who's posted and said helpful positive things to me. Thank you Pirate for checking up on me constantly.

Love,
Wishing

Posted: November 20, 2018, 9:44 AM
Congratulations Wishing. So very proud of your accomplishments .The more sobriety time you rack up the more rewards and benefits you will receive . Life doesn't have to be perfect to be good and not all days will be wonderful but what will be wonderful is that you will get to experience life sober. Look for the good in all situations no matter how bleak it might seem because it is only by finding gratitude that you can appreciate what you have . It has been my learning that no matter how bad a circumstance or a situation I might be experiencing , there is always someone who has it much worse. Again congratulations and remember there is someone many miles and oceans away who is your cyber cheerleader :)

--------------------

Posted: November 26, 2018, 8:44 PM
Pirate Thank you so much!!

I love reading what you write to me it makes me feel so good inside :)
Last night was a horrible night for me. I had a really bad Panic attack and normally I would go to booze to help me with it ( Trust me it crossed my mind) but i fought through it and just took my medication and an hour later I was alright.

Which brings me to 130 days today without any alcohol :)

Love,
Wishing

Posted: December 4, 2018, 7:03 AM
138 days today

I have to admit it hasn't been the easiest but if it's something you truly want then it's definitely obtainable!

Love
Wishing

Posted: December 4, 2018, 11:13 AM
Congrats wishing and no it is not easy. As someone once said recovery is not for sissies. lol .. It does get easier and with time a new life will form . There will always be days that drinking thoughts will arise but they get further and further apart with time and then after a while the strength obtained from recovery becomes stronger than the addiction. You don't have to feed or entertain a thought just because it pops in your head. Choose do something about it instead. That might entail reading recovery material, going for a walk, attending a meeting, doing something to help another which I find is the best one to do and never ever forget where your addiction took you. Be proud of your accomplishments and continue with your journey. You got this!

--------------------

Posted: December 10, 2018, 6:52 AM
Hi Wishing
I just popped on this site for a quick minute - and you are still here and going strong. You made my day!!!!

I told someone at work the other day that I was 9+ years sober and they didn't believe me! Didn't think that was possible. Wow guess what it is! haha

I'm so thrilled for your new life, you definately deserve it and i love your positive approach as well.

take care
Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: December 11, 2018, 4:25 AM
Wow Thank you so muuuuuch :)

I'm at 145 day's today. Last night I was out and was at a place that I used to drink at. I know the bartenders and she knew months ago that I was doing my best to stop drinking. She asked me tonight are you still doing it? I said YUP! 145 day's!!! She said good for you and also said to her friend he looks so good now, she said Ryan you look at lot better!!

It really made me feel good inside to hear that :)

She then asked me.. What made you quit? I replied back...It will kill you!

They both said I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you again from the bottom of my sober heart :)

Love,
Wishing

Posted: December 11, 2018, 4:27 AM
Idgie,

Also congrats on the 9 + Years :)

Sorry I forgot to put that in my last post..

Love,
Wishing

Posted: December 13, 2018, 7:45 PM
147 day's!

I love you all

Wishing

Posted: December 16, 2018, 12:54 PM
5 Months Today!

Posted: December 16, 2018, 4:20 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME! Thank you for coming here and sharing . You are bringing HOPE to others and even though I don't know you , you make me feel proud.. KEEP IT UP....

--------------------

Posted: December 20, 2018, 7:00 AM
Here's to a merry, sober Christmas to you all

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: December 21, 2018, 5:47 AM
Ty very much! Happy holidays to you all!

155 days ;)

I'm really proud of myself

Love,
Wishing

Posted: December 30, 2018, 7:39 PM
Hi everyone,

It hasn't been the easiest lately for me. I've had a lot of stress and things go the wrong way for me recently. I've been having the urge to just give up, but I'm staying strong. I miss certain things and have been pretty hurt inside lately. I'm not giving up though. 164 days sober. I'm 1 week away from half a year.

Just giving everyone a heads up I'm still here.

Love,
Wishing

Posted: December 31, 2018, 6:25 AM
I have been following you since the start of your recovery, you have done so well, times can be challenging, think Xmas can be a very emotional time for many, you actually but a smile on my face, knowing sobriety can be done, my son has a drug addiction, I wish he would come on sites and share, ad I feel you can't do this yourself, anyway a happy new year to you,

Posted: January 1, 2019, 7:25 PM
hi wishing. Christmas,holidays , emotions, stress, all are triggers for a recovering alcoholic especially in early recovery. When the urge comes make a list of what you would be giving up if you took that first drink. FREEDOM.. The freedom to make choices, to respect yourself , to look after yourself and the freedom to not be chained to addiction. Play the tape to the end and never forget where alcohol took you. For someone who has experienced relapses in the past I can tell you it sucks, it gets worse and it is definitely not worth the escape that your disease is telling you to choose. Reach out for support, do something to help someone less fortunate than you or someone who can use your support and remember JUST FOR TODAY dont drink... still cheering for you....YOU GOT THIS !

--------------------

Posted: January 2, 2019, 5:48 AM
Hi it's me again :)

Ty so much for following me from the start it really means a lot to me. I apologize for sounding weak at times as I want to encourage others. Great news ! No drinking for me ;)

New Year's I went to a party with food and band and open bar and watched people drink all night. Im strong, I'm powerful, I'm winning this battle!

Love,
Wishing
post replypost new topic