< prev  post replypost new topic
Gratitude - A Daily Prayer

Posted: February 12, 2018, 6:42 AM
Today I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful that I can be bothered to do something for someone else for a change. Busy planning a surprise 80th for my Dad at the moment.

I am grateful for my partner. It is so wonderful to be loved for who I am.

I am grateful that I found God and was given the wonderful gift of having that alcoholic obsession removed.

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: February 15, 2018, 6:34 AM
I am grateful to be sober. I work in a rehab now and see the mayhem that people are creating in their lives every day at work. Grateful tht i stepped off that merry-go-round.

Grateful for fresh raspberries - to be able to appreciate such a simple pleasure.

--------------------

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: February 28, 2018, 2:37 PM
Good morning~

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow from the lessons life hands me.

Today I am grateful for the many, many sober women who have gone before me that reach out and help me along when I am hurting or going through things.

Today I am grateful that I am a sober Mom and Nana. That the program of Alcoholics Anonymous has given my children a gift of having a sober Mom.

Today I am grateful that I get to be of service to my husband and help him walk through his own stuff, that I don't have to get enmeshed in his stuff, but rather apply the traditions and when he asks, offer suggestions not "you need to do this". This is all a result of the new way of life that God has blessed me with.

xoxo

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: February 28, 2018, 6:41 PM
I am grateful for time spent with my daughter and family while preparing for the birth of my 3rd grandchild....

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: March 4, 2018, 7:27 AM
Today i am grateful that when I look deeply I can see where an action might be driven by a character defect and I need to stop and pray and ask for guidance.

I hope the prayer will allow me to make an appropriate decision in a rather awkward family situation and not let my self-centered desires be the focus of my decision making.

I am grateful for my partner and his support in talking me through this situation, especially as the outcome will affect him too. I'm grateful to have a partner in recovery where we can gently help each other see the truth of something. I'm grateful that I can admit I may be wrong. I'm grateful I can open my mind to other solutions.

wow what a lot to be grateful for in one area!

--------------------

Posted: March 26, 2018, 7:09 AM
Gratitude pretty high at the moment.

2 weeks ago my partner asked me to marry him! woo hoo
Gifts of recovery!

Feeling very happy and excited and very grateful for the life I have now.

--------------------

Posted: January 2, 2019, 7:38 AM
OMG just laughing at my last post on this thread, the wedding is only 2 months away now - can't believe how quickly that time has flown.

Getting married again at 49 to a fantastic sober man who treats me like a princess and thinks i'm wonderful and beautiful! Wow and he's not even wearing beer goggles! LOL

I have to pinch myself in fact at how lucky I am, but I'm so blessed with all these things and I would have none of it if I picked up a drink.

You know I allowed my ex to treat me like sh** and I probably treated him like that too. But we don't deserve that. We all deserve a caring, loving relationship built of trust and sharing and honesty and selflessness.

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2019, 5:23 PM
Today I am grateful to see this thread towards the top of the messages...

Today I am so very grateful that when I was in the grasps of addiction and knew no way out, that I stumbled across this site (ha, God lead me).

Today I am grateful that I am an active member of both Alcoholics Anonymous & Alanon and when I work both programs together, the freedom and joy I have is indescribable.

Today I am grateful for the women & men who I meet here over 13 years ago and many of them are still currently and actively in my life.

Today I am grateful that we can carry the message of Hope. That if you are struggling with alcohol and think like I did, that my fate was to just die alcoholic, that is just the disease talking to you. There is a way, there is hope and there's a host of people so willing to help you receive the priceless gift of recovery. All you need is a little willingness and to reach out and ask for help.

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: January 9, 2019, 8:27 PM
Hello Stacey...:)

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: January 28, 2019, 6:46 AM
Hi Stacey and hi Pirate

Wow grateful for antibiotics - been sick for 2 weeks.
Grateful for a long weekend.
Grateful for air conditioning was about 110F here on saturday
Grateful to be sober.

--------------------

post replypost new topic