< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
My Methadone Withdrawals

Posted: June 9, 2017, 11:46 PM
Lvg, how has NA helped you? I had thought about attending a meeting in my city but wasn't sure if it would help much due to the fact that I have absolutely no cravings or desire to take anything that affects receptors in my brain out of sheer fear of it sending me back into acute withdrawal or the after, mental aspect PAWS (which I ended up getting in spades). I knowledge of NA is very limited and thought it was there to help people stay clean. My gf has been great throughout all this but never fully knew what I was going through so maybe the fellowship of others with first hand knowledge would be beneficial? My feeling was, being around people who are sometimes still in and out of that life would remind me of the type of life I lived before and would hinder any ongoing progress. Any thoughts on this are welcome.
itspossible

Posted: June 10, 2017, 8:53 AM
dave, nice job buddie,hang tough, you got this..the fog slowly lifts..Its like a gray hair, you never see it until one day you say, " where did that come from?" that's how slow the recovery off the dones actually is..

Ive got 10 months clean from the drain train..

congrats to lvg and needhelp, you guys are awesome!!

Posted: June 10, 2017, 11:09 AM
Day 10
10 a.m.
I only slept 2 hours and when I did wake I was sick. Typical dope sick symptoms. Flushed face, shotgun sneezing , watering eyes, Zero Energy and an overall sense of great malaise. From my perspective this feels like a devastating blow especially after yesterday's fantastic results. The haphazard and randomized way in which the withdrawal is presenting itself makes it difficult for me to draw a bead on what any particular plan of action should be. It just keeps morphing around my best laid plans.
At any rate I'll find something positive to focus on today. Perhaps I'll focus on the people who have responded to this post so positively. That's been a big plus for me and I'm grateful. Yeah that'll be my thing today.

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Posted: June 10, 2017, 11:36 AM
@it'spossible
Thank you for commenting. I read every comment when they come up because it seems to help. And yeah the gray hair effect sounds like a pretty fair analogue.

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Posted: June 10, 2017, 2:27 PM
Hello Dave, It's all part if the process,it's all Normal..I promise you this will pass, than the Mentally journey begins. Just remember even normal people have bad days, you will have good days than few not so good just remember it will pass in a few days. Your doing awesome. Stay Strong for Today.

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: June 10, 2017, 2:32 PM
Hello need help, we as Addicts have abused drugs for so long that when we finally get some clean time we Forget how to live, we kept ourselves isolated for so long,that when we start feeling ever emotion sad , mad, happy we are unsure how to cope with all the emotions flooding in. We as Addicts alone are bad company. We need face to face support. That's what na has given me. The tools to handle my Addiction. To maintain long term maintenance. Stay Strong for Today..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: June 10, 2017, 2:34 PM
Remember we didn't get here in one day so it takes time to heal..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today
itspossible

Posted: June 10, 2017, 2:35 PM
hello lvg,
just curious at your stage, what are your biggest issues these days? I'm personally still dealing with laziness and still have stomach issues..other than that, pretty good..thanks

Posted: June 10, 2017, 5:37 PM
Hello it's possible, Good question. Well I abused drugs for 40 years now that I am clean just learning Life. I still get exhausted quickly, but I have motivation if that makes sense.its a daily learning process,now that I finally decided to go to Na, I'm learning just how to live each day. I'm not miserable, depressed, lonely, isolating by Myself anymore. Some days are good some are not. Better than always running, chasing and running out of drugs. Finally Free of those handcuffs.. Not sure if I answered your question.

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: June 10, 2017, 8:36 PM
Day 10
7:36pm.
This has been by far the worst day. I would rate it a six out of ten. Every single aspect of it's been bad from the way I physically felt to my emotional well-being. I woke up at 7 a.m. and didn't put the first bite of food in my mouth until 3 p.m. I did go out at 11 a.m. and look at a small job which I had already scheduled Tuesday when I was fairly certain that by Saturday I would surely feel better. I also drove 50 minutes each way to pick up our two grandsons because again I'd given my word that I would, so I did but boy was that tough. At the present moment my wife is trying to keep the boys occupied because she knows that I feel so sick and I'm holed up in the bedroom with the light off, hiding out for all I'm worth. Doesn't make me feel very useful at all. I'm going to drag myself up and go make myself interact.
All in all today was not a good day but I'm still here and I'll survive these middle rounds where my opponent has had his second wind. I'll take the blows, however hard. I'll rest when I can, brawl when I must and wait my turn patiently. Eventually even the strongest of bullies run out of gas and then it can be my turn. I'm ready for this battle. I've been ready for a long time. I weaned myself down from 80 mg of day, alone and in private.., preparing myself for a time when I would be strong enough to finally Break Free. That time is now and I remain stubbornly unafraid

This post has been edited by JunkyDave on June 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

--------------------

Posted: June 10, 2017, 10:16 PM
You're made a plan, are getting through it and you should be proud of yourself. Some of the major physical withdrawal should calm down soon. Lots of plain water and vitamins are needed. Your body is going through a lot of physical suffering due to the acute withdrawal and your brain is trying to cope with the changes that are occurring so vitamins and amino acids are a must. Also, L-Tyrosine helps in the management of stress but more importantly, helps build endorphins. Valerian Root can be helpful for sleeping and L-Theanine is good for anxiousness and helps calm you.

Hope tonight is a bit better bud. Hang in there. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Posted: June 10, 2017, 10:39 PM
I agree with everything need help said. Proud of You, you should​be proud of yourself... Stay hydrated. This to shall pass I promise you.. Every Clean day is a good day. Stay active don't isolate, will help the process. Walk around the house,do something..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: June 11, 2017, 1:19 AM
Day 10
11:55 pm.
The worst is past. Not sure what this episode was all about today but it was rough. For the most part I feel better as of about 10 p.m. tonight. The only remaining traces are that I am weakened a bit,have a very slight tremor in my left hand and an overall queasiness. The leg and ankle pain are almost completely gone. The sneezing has subsided entirely. And the overall Malaise Has Lifted.
In the five years that I abused and used opiates before I went to the methadone clinic in 2007, I was on and at some point withdrew from almost every pharmaceutical opiate drug out there and in my experience nothing shares this withdrawal profile.
Anyways just happy to be back. :-)

--------------------
itspossible

Posted: June 11, 2017, 7:33 AM
hello dave, your boxing analogy is good..Its really a 12 round title fight,its not going to knock you out but just continue to wear you down through the middle and late rounds..
I underestimated vitamins and other suppliments until I stopped taking them,our bodies need the vitamins to recover..
good luck today..

Posted: June 11, 2017, 11:47 AM
Day 11
10:30 A.m.
I woke up at 6 a.m. after sleeping a shockingly long 5 hours. I feel fatigued and nauseated. I'm beginning to get a hollow , haunting feeling that I've underestimated this process. I also believe that having a 3 and 4 year old over at the same time may have been a mistake. Answering endless questions about Paw Patrol, Mutant Turtles and whether Pirate's are real has further drained any energy stockpiles I may have had. But hey, I'm alive and I'm clean and for that I'm grateful

--------------------

Posted: June 11, 2017, 2:09 PM
Proud of You Dave.

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: June 11, 2017, 5:56 PM
Yeah, both Methadone and Suboxone are a different kind of animal in terms of withdrawal. Keep your head up...it slowly gets better.

Btw, had to look up Paw Patrol lol

Posted: June 11, 2017, 7:30 PM
Day 11
6:27p.m.
I am fairly convinced that I have entered into the deeper waters of this withdrawal. I will be lucky if I don't lose my lunch soon even though I didn't have any. A full 7/10 on my silly little scale.

My mind still remains oddly clear however, Jumping here and there with hopes of the future and regrets of the past. I'll be honest and tell you that this level of withdrawal, at this extended of a period, has caught me completely off guard. People told me it was an Insidious kick and I tried to appreciate their wisdom but perspective matters and I suppose I'm earning mine now...

--------------------

Posted: June 11, 2017, 8:40 PM
Dave, just remember that this isn't a repeated process. Once you've overcome this, you'll never have to go through this again. Each day that passes brings you that much closer to being free of this situation. Having gone through such a horrendous experience....the feeling of finally being free of this and the feeling of accomplishment is almost indescribable. You will come out of this so much stronger when this is over. Just take it hour by hour right now. I also can't stress enough how important plain water, amino acids and vitamins are during this initial process.

You should be proud of, not only your decision to do this, but to continue going through this tough time in order to achieve a better and healthier life for yourself. I connect with, and know exactly what you're going through.

You're not alone in this. Stay strong, my friend.

Posted: June 11, 2017, 9:54 PM
@Needhelp
I surely hope that one day I can be right minded enough to offer sage advice to those entrenched in the shadows of addiction and withdrawal. That's pretty noble.

--------------------
post replypost new topic