< prev  post replypost new topic
Psoriasis + Meth . Anyone Familiar?
Ruca

Posted: September 30, 2022, 11:49 PM
This is the first place Ive found some discussion about meth use and psoriasis, and to be honest I'm shocked about that. I thought the internet would be saturated on the link between dope and psoriasis but it isn't. My experience is that I have been a daily meth user for about 7 years now. Before meth I was a daily pain pill and heroin user. The pills and H didn't really affect my skin, but the meth did. I always struggled with acne and it did get worse with meth, but then I had a two year period that my skin cleared up nicely. However, two years ago I noticed a ton of dandruff starting and I hadn't ever had that before. That quickly escalated into what looked like a really bad cradles cap like you would see on a baby's scalp. That has been my life with psoriasis for the last two years. Its so painful and nasty looking, but i can hide it if I fix my hair just right. It comes off in peeling layers. Ive tried using all the medicated shampoos and things like olive oil ans and almond oil treatments. Nothing has worked. The only brief periods of relief Ive had is if I decrease my meth use. So, that's my plan - get clean and hopefully heal not just my scalp but all the other areas of my life that meth has ruined. I wanted to thank everyone for sharing and wish everyone well whether they are quitting or continuing to use. We all deserve to be happy and healthy and I hope every addict out there can find that. Much love.
post replypost new topic