8.5 Months No Smokes
Posted: July 17, 2009, 11:07 PM

8.5 months no smokes, even with that satanic wife of mine smoking in front of me....at least out back on the deck.
Posted: July 18, 2009, 6:57 AM

Congratulations!!

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: September 13, 2009, 8:17 AM

Yes,Congratulations man.That's great.

--------------------
user posted image

"Sometimes the biggest catch will bite you in the a**"
Posted: October 22, 2009, 12:56 PM

Congratulations!

I am now 10 months cigarette free with not even one single backslide this time. I too have the added challenge of a spouse who smokes. It's makes it doubly hard and the stats for success for people with a smoking spouse aren't the best. But 10 months down the track I'm still feeling very strong and very resolved to never touch another cigarette. My children are over the moon at my success and they give me the high fives I need to get through each week.

I have given up many times over the years but my attitude this time was completely different. I didn't give up this time hoping I wouldn't fail, thereby setting the stage for forgiving myself for any future failures before I'd even begun. This time I told myself, I had NO choice and I had absolutely NO justification for failing. Because I could justify out of the house at 2 am to the nearest store for cigarettes.
Posted: November 4, 2009, 2:38 AM

That's great to know. Congratulations! I wish that I could also have the discipline that you got. I can't quit smoking, especially when there are smokers around me.

--------------------
eVitamins promo
Posted: November 6, 2009, 12:14 PM

I'm so new to this posting business that I don't quite know who's getting this--hope it's the Nicotine thread. I'm on my own, only 2 kitties and my students at the U., but at my 3rd try to give up smoking, I finally am at the point where I actually think it's better that I only have myself and my conscience to listen to--no one at home to send me outside to smoke! My Dr. told me that I am in the 2nd phase of hardening of the femoral artery and that I must give up the habit--finally, after years of happily puffing. Maybe it was the wakeup call I needed. I love smoking, and this is really hard (so far, 4 days and counting). But was operated on in Jan for a non-smoking related condition, and I don't want any more surgery or surgical procedures if I can help it. Using the patch, keeping my hands and head busy, and vowing not to tell friends quite yet, bc they'd get all excited and be TOO happy for me. Can I meet the dare????
Posted: July 7, 2011, 10:57 PM

I would give my left nut to go back to this date... I quit everything and started at the gym, lost 60 lbs.....I have since destroyed myself again
Posted: July 8, 2011, 11:55 AM

TCME< Hi. It doesn't matter. Just start again. Whats up now? I remember you from the PP board. You have a lovely granddaughter that motivated you to be successful in quitting your pill addiction. How is she? How are you now? I am at day 106. It feels good. But this is a good reminder, that I am never too far away from that last smoke. :) Please check in I need a quit buddy around here .

Love,
jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
  top of page  Top