< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone To Suboxone "the In-between Period"
ant941

Posted: October 1, 2014, 6:06 PM
Hey every one I've been doing about one gram of "H" every day I got some strips and subs but a few months ago I waited like 12 hours after my last use and took half of strip and let me tell you it felt like death. Went straight into pw. I'm in a position where I got two kids to take care of so waiting the full two days is really hard.Need some advice on what to do and if anyone has been in my situation before thanks.
Chris

Posted: October 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
I've been through this twice and as long as you are under 40mg of dones and your in detox you can take your subs! Hint in wd take it!

Posted: October 18, 2014, 9:40 PM
WELL IVE BEEN ON 88 MIL OF METHADONE FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS 114 AT MY HIGHESDT ALL TOGETHER BEEN ON METHADONE FOR ABOUT A YEAR I DIFNT DOSE YESTERDAY OR TODAY TOOK A SUBOXIN SYRIP AT NOON AN I FEEL f***ING HORRIBLE WORSE WITHDRAWLS EVER HOW LPONG SHOULD I WAIT TO TAKE MY SUB AGAIN WITH OUT GETTING SICK HELP
vickie

Posted: October 27, 2014, 3:18 PM
hi! i was on methadone for 4yrs, and i just transitioned to suboxene. i was on 120mgs of methadone. i had to come all the way down to 30mgs before they would transition me to suboxen. when i got to 30mgs the dr made me wait 4 days before he could switch me. u cant have any methadone in your system!!! if u do when u take the suboxene it will throw u into the worst state of withdraws youve ever seen!!! beleive me make sure u have no methadone in your system..
Brandi

Posted: November 2, 2014, 11:56 PM
Thank you so much for all the info. I am on 129 mg of methadone and am sick of going to clinic while my husband took suboxone route when we quit heroin. He goes to doc once a month, I just lost my weekly due to valium in my system, I am sick of being observered peeing and want to go on suboxone. I will wait till after holidays and start taper,thank god for your advise. i was su con fused. but what is precipitated withdrawl and can you avoid it by taking subutex? if you take subutex do you have to come down to 30 mg?
jenna

Posted: November 9, 2014, 10:20 PM
Hi. I went on methadone in jan. Started at 25 and went to 45 while pregnant. Now i had my baby ive weened from 45 to 25 going down 5 every two weeks. I am about to start the go down one mg every three days but decided on just doing a couple subs and be done so do like a quarter or less at a time. I have been.on the 25mg for 3 weeks tomorrow. Any suggestions. Can i take the sub after 48 hrs.

Posted: November 10, 2014, 2:29 PM
Hi... a couple of years ago i went to zero from about 90 mg of Methadone. I did it slow and it took a year. My advice is to wait until you get to 1mg wait three or 4 days then stop. You'll be fine. Don't rush it. Then get on Natrexone or vivitrol for the blocking of cravings it's better to have no opiate in your system in the long run and you'll never have to do this again. Good luck and stay strong.

Posted: November 10, 2014, 2:31 PM
I went on the clinic again because my docs office was shut down and i was on Natrexone. I was scared of relapsing. I haven't been to the clinic since Friday. Last dose was 40mg. Can i take the Suboxone now? Sorry for the spelling errors I'm not feeling well and need help.

Posted: November 10, 2014, 4:11 PM
Are you attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings?

There are lots of folks there who have been right where you are and can help.

Look them up in your local phone book ... give them a call.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: November 15, 2014, 1:16 AM
A week ago today I was petrified because I knew that I wasn't going to the clinic in the morning. I haven't been back since and I feel good. I don't know if it was my will power but I did go down to 1 mg and then zero in 2009. I went back in the clinic and I couldn't take the sweating, not being able to travel, going and being treated in a different way, but the physical and emotional issues from detoxing every 11 days 1mg then 8 days down 1mg..
. I hated the sweating the chills the weight gain every thing about the clinic and methadone I started to hate.

Last Saturday I work up, made sure I ate and drank liquids in case I wasn't able to the next day. But I slept. I DIDNT SWEAT. I DIDNT HAVE CHILLS! I WAS PHYSICALLY WEAK
And had a headache and by Monday I was ok. Now I am dealing with the insomnia. No amount of melatonin helps!! But I did it. It has to be something that a person really wants or it was a miracle for me. ...That was what my friend told me. :-) I just can't sleep.
Mr Opilova

Posted: November 30, 2014, 8:18 PM
THINKING ABOUT METHADONE WHILST BEING CURRENTLY ON SUBOXONE FOR 8 MONTHS...
DO I INDULGE OR STAY WHERE I AM???.......H E L P !!!!
scott

Posted: February 5, 2015, 11:22 AM
Whatever the hell you do nevvvvveeeerrrr mix methadone and suboxone!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me you would rather shoot yourself

This post has been edited by moderator on February 5, 2015, 3:53 PM
Thomas

Posted: March 22, 2015, 12:32 PM
Hey this is Thomas, I was on sub for about six years but then I lost my insurance and switched methadone without getting sick. I missed my Saturday clinic and got my hands on a sub and holy crap it was the was this I ever did for about 24 hours it was hell I woke up on Sunday morning and took half of a sub. That will be 48 hours after my lost dose of methadone. I'm about 150 pounds with a high metabolism and not my body fat so we will see how it goes. Just make sure you wait because precipitated withdrawals sucks.
erica

Posted: April 17, 2015, 2:51 PM
Hi my name is erica. I'm now 25 year old 5'5 and 140lbs. I've been a methadone patient for 5 years, I was on 175mgs for the first 4 years and within the last year I've come down to 60mgs. About 3 weeks ago I was put on a 30 day taper coming down 2mgs a day and as of Wednesday at 9am I took my last dose of 10mgs. I have four 8mg suboxone strips and I was wondering how long I should wait to start taking it. I plan on cutting them into 4ths and only taking 2 mgs at a time. As of yesterday and today I've been taking short term acting opiates because I've heard you need to wait 72 hours before making the switch from methadone to suboxone. So will I be OK to take the suboxone 72 hours after my last dose of methadone and if I wait 24 hours after taking the last of my short term opiate. That would put me starting the suboxonend at 2on on saturday because I took a short acting opiate at 2pm today (friday).
Dave

Posted: June 6, 2015, 8:08 PM
Interesting thread. I was on methadone for five or six years before switching to suboxone. (This was back in 2003 when it first came out.) The methadone clinic gave me the suboxone a day after my last methadone dose. I wasn't on a high methadone dose, but the switch over to Sub was not pleasant. For three or four days I didn't feel right in the head... I stayed in bed most of the time even though I wasn't sleeping much. I wish I had been told to wait a few days before taking it. Not sure what happened, I guess it was the naltrexone reacting with the methadone.

Years ago when I kicked heroin the first time, I was on day three or four of the kick, starting to feel somewhat normal again. My doctor gave me this huge naltrexone pill and an hour later I felt weird as s***... It lasted for a week or so. I couldn't think right, I felt like there was a rock lodged in my brain. So unpleasant. I didn't take naltrexone again until years later when I switched from Methadone to Suboxone. I don't want to scare anyone, because switching to suboxone has been great... I'm down to 1mg a day and I feel good. I think part of the problem was the fact that I was very sensitive to naltrexone. I don't know why my clinic didn't start me out on Subutex (which has no naltrexone). You're suppose to start on that so you don't have problems switching over. I don't think they even make the subutex anymore because people were abusing it... which is kind of bulls***, people abuse everything.
iamwithyou

Posted: June 9, 2015, 4:49 AM
I can only use my experience and everyone is different BUT after 20 years of heroin , methadone addiction the easiest and most comfortable way was...plus i got HUGE tolerance to opiates.

Use heroin 3am .25 gram (depends on strength mine was about 50% ) + 70mls methadone

use heroin 7am .50 gram

100mls methadone 9am

90 mls 9pm

72 hours later

2mg bupe every 2 hours upto 16mg

adjustment period 2 days but not debilitated , up and about just sneez, odd wretch, runny nose and feeling low...

parecetamol, imodium helps

after 1 week I feel normal easiest detox if there is such a thing... ive done about 20 in many ways and formats and the above you can almost be normal..ish :)

Hope helps..

then taper bupe as required.

iamwithyou

Posted: June 9, 2015, 4:52 AM
above is assuming you are JUST USING not already on methadone or bupe... just if you want to detox easy..

Peace and love to all - listen to the chili pepers aswell
amanda

Posted: July 16, 2015, 12:11 AM
hi my name is amanda and i am taking 170mg methadone daily and was wondering if anyone knows if i wait at least 4 days to switch to the suboxone would I have any trouble? I am very strong i know i can go 3days a week without the methadone but if i wait 4 days will I withdrawal from the methadone if i switch to the suboxone 4 days being my last dose of 170mg please let me asap! thanks.
dopeohope

Posted: July 29, 2015, 7:49 PM
Let me start by saying that i am from a near suburb of Chicago and Heroin is very easy to get as long as you avoid the police, and I used Norcos and oxy for an injury. when i did not have it I went to the H which was much better and stronger and helped my pain a lot but it came with a price"addiction". After 2 years on and a year off and then another 4 years on H I finally got help from this doctor who said he had something i could take and not have any withdrawals from the H and i said great. I never really heard about methadone or did not not what it was so i took it. I got a prescription and went to the pharmacy and started to take it. The doctor said it be easier to get off than H but that was not the case. I spent the next 8 years on methadone. Then 3 months ago i finally said that enough, I was at 50mg when i started and went down about 5mg ever 2 weeks until i was at 30mg then i started to go down about 3mg every week until i was at 20mg. Then when i was at 20mg i stayed there for about a week, until the day before my wife went out of town and then i took 10mg that night and the next day she left for 3 days. I did not take any methadone the next two days, but the 2nd day i was off i took two norcos and it helped me sleep and after 60 hours I took my first suboxone and i waited and hour and i still felt bad so i took another and then one more which i think it was enough. I took 6mg of suboxone the first day the next day I took 4mg in the morning and then the 3rd day the same, then the 4th day i took 2mg along with the next 3 days and then i took 1mg for a day and after that i was fine, i had no extra pain in my body and was able to sleep 4 hours a night for about another 5 days and then after that i was better. I had the most trouble with myself getting off methadone because i was scared and nervous about being sick and really it was not that bad, even the days i took nothing, but the morning i took the suboxone was the worst morning and the suboxone really helps along with Motrin 600mg or 800mg. hope this helps anyone wanting to get off methadone or H. do not take more Suboxojne than what is needed, deal with a little pain. You might be a little sore like you got into a fight or like you just played a game of football the day before, it gets better day by day and to be honest i only felt sore for 2 days after i stop taking the suboxone. I mean it was only in my legs and it felt like i was standing all day on concrete and i dealt with that many of times
mr.sir

Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:25 PM
i was on 60 mgs of mdone a day plus 80 mgs of oxycodone for a severe accident. before that i was on suboxone for a year but due to the severity of my trauma i was forced to take pain killers. i kikd the oxys a week ago and ive been off mdone 3 days but i was ignorant to the facts of dosing down and im anxiousto get back to my subs.i want my life back but i know im n a certain amount of wd but i have neurotin and zanax so i may be fooling myself. i cant take the participated wd. am i cool to get down with my subs 2mg at a time?
post replypost new topic