< prev  post replypost new topic
Here I Go Again

Posted: May 5, 2018, 7:18 PM
hey tryinghard I've been trying to get off Norco the past 3 years 10-325 would take 4 a day like the recommendation but after 5 years I would take 6 to 7 sometimes more, be out a few days and go thru withdrawals. I'm only two weeks clean but I know the struggle. I have and addictive personality so I should of known better. I've done drugs in the past and was 13 years clean I had such an urge to use and I relapse hurt my back and started taking pain pills. Just tired of the lying and want to stay clean I have better memories clean. My mind thinks I need to use but it always winds up bad for me. I'm insane.

Posted: August 14, 2018, 5:01 AM
Been a while since I’ve been here, I seem to just keep trying and failing, trying and failing, so let’s try again!
I’m having a hard time getting N+ as it’s script only now- but I’m getting codeine from a few places, mostly a friend is selling it to me! Pretty bad hey so I’m not using a great deal about 20 30mg tabs a day they have 500mg in each tablet to which I know is probs screwing my liver! But I’m at the end of day 3 clean, so much has happened and it’s probs a bad time to quit as a lot is going on which can make relapse easy, but I have sometime off work and I need to use it!! I’m so sick and tired of being this zombie of a person who has no motivation to damo anythinv!!
So withdrawals aren’t too bad at the moment, touch wood!!! I’m very moody and very tired- lethargic is probably the better word! I’m sleeping ok at night as I’ve scored 50 5mg tabs af diazepam off someone who knows someone- so that’s helping me sleep st night with out the restless legs which would have normally taken over! Not much gastro at this stage, but I’m eating so much, I’m craving seeets more than anything!! But I’m trying to eat good foods ( I did say trying) I still prefer to sit on the lounge but I am moving around reasonably well through the day!! Hopefully in a week or 2 these physical symptoms will subside!! My fingers are x anyway

Posted: August 14, 2018, 7:06 AM
What are you going to do differently?

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: August 14, 2018, 4:37 PM
hello stepper.im still using but has prescribed hubby holding them with no problems. Amen to that. I use 40mg a day sometimes only 35mg.

Posted: August 16, 2018, 2:35 AM
I have no idea what I’ll do differently, I have told one of the people I get them off to stop selling them to me as I have a bad habit. I guess that’s a start- I’m not really one for NA so that’s not a road I’ll walk down- and I’m not keen to doctor shop, the check the prescription shopperline frequently anyway!! So I think I’m running out of options to get pills!! Anyway I’m struggling and I’m almost at the end of day 5- here’s hoping tomorrow is a little better!!

Posted: August 16, 2018, 6:43 AM
Maybe its time to force yourself to go to AA/NA whether you like it or not. You've been coming here many years with the same story. It's not going to change unless YOU change. I don't know any addict that ever said "OH BOY! I get to go to NA now" Give it a chance. Meet some people that are sober and understand how to live without a buzz. Your way is definitely now working. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. At the very least get an understanding of the first step. You can't take just one.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

Mark Twain

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: August 17, 2018, 5:11 PM
Hey Stepper,
While I agree with you whole heartedly, at this point in life Im very antisocial and am full of anxiety, it’s hard to enough to go out to the shopping centre let alone go and actually have to meet new people (who I do realise have or have had a issue like me) I just don’t think I could manage that at this stage, I was asked yesterday by a person who does give me pills if I needed any and I was strong enough to say NO thanks! Mayb as time goes by and I start to feel better I can get to the docs for some anxiety meds! Which may help me get out and about! But for now trying again is all I can do! I am 1 week clean today!

Posted: August 18, 2018, 7:57 AM
Anxiety meds will only replace one addiction for another.That's not a good idea at all. Addicts need to learn to live without addictive drugs. We have the mindset that a pill will fix anything (well I did anyway) and until we learn to live without mind altering drugs the same thing is going to happen. Our brains are wired for addiction. We can't take addictive drugs. period. Anxiety can be treated without drugs. It's not going to happen instantly like a pill but with some work it can be done. We need to stop reaching for a pill every time the going gets rough. We CAN handle life. It's amazing what we can do. The problem is we can't do it alone. Of course you have anxiety and don't want to talk to strangers. You're going thru withdrawal. It's perfectly normal but you have to do something to get off this roller coaster. Your life depends on it. Aren't you tired of withdrawals? You have to do something to help yourself. No one can do do it for you. If you can't do meetings, do something. therapy, pastor, someone that can help you. Lose your pride and get the help you need.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

Mark Twain

post replypost new topic