< prev  post replypost new topic
How Do You Actually Stop?
ALex

Posted: July 10, 2016, 5:09 PM
Hang on! Your goal is right around the corner. After 10 years of heavy daily use...Ive been 100% clean for 4 months. Look around and appreciate all youve gained for not using even for one day..appreciate simple things, like getting sleep and being able to speak to someone in a normal state of mind. I look back and just cant believe the stupid things I did, and just shake my head. Praying for you. Stay positive..your life/freedom is worth it

Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:49 AM
Hello Bill,

Hope all is going well.
I am sorry I don't get here much, mainly because I don't have internet at home. Currently I am sitting in a hotel room waiting to finish up a training in harm reduction. Last month I attended the Recovery Coaching Academy. I am also working towards my degree in Chemical Dependency Counseling. And that's how I stay sober....

I could really empathize with you when you ask for specifics, I suffered a long time because of all the general statements.

So.... if you are as addicted as I was you might have to change...everything. Your thoughts, your friends, your habits and your enviroment.

I don't know what fellowship you are involved in, I belong to AA, and I was never a drinker. If you are familiar with them, you may have noticed they don't do or say what's in the book. If their advice isn't working, read the book and follow the directions in it. That's what worked for me. Trusting God, cleaning house and helping another "alcoholic"(addict).

Life really is more enjoyable without crack in it. I hope you get to enjoy it too.

Be Well
Larry

PS for more specifics and details in my story see the thread recoveredcrackhead (one word, as that's my e-mail) If that's not enough google it.

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
post replypost new topic