< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Cg

Posted: July 11, 2012, 1:57 PM
Tomorrow I'm driving to NYC...takes 4 hours from here so I'll call you from the road...like 9-10am your time.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: July 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Really looking forward to it...

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: July 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
17 days.

Thank you God.

--------------------

Posted: July 17, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hang in there, Lisa...

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: July 18, 2012, 1:12 PM
19 days today. I feel so much better. My chest doesn't hurt, I don't stink! The thought of a regular cigarette makes me a little queasy..when I'm around people smoking, I excuse myself. I hate that I smelled like that. My poor husband, what he put up with...he must of been so grossed out.

I'm telling you, if you want to quit smoking, get a vapor e-cig. They work! I am down to the 4mg liquid now, going to 2 mg next week. And then none. My doctor was so excited. Said my lungs sounded clear for the first time since he started treating me. No more wheeze.

Thank you S. Thank you thank you thank you!

--------------------

Posted: July 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
26 days today.

On the 2mg liquid. I feel so good.

--------------------

Posted: July 25, 2012, 2:41 PM
=)

Posted: July 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
S...how often do you use your vapor? I feel like maybe I'm using mine too much. Using it way more then when I smoked. It's fun and addictive in it's own way..I think because it tastes so good? Am I doing that because I need the nicotine? I literally puff on it through out the day. Is that bad? No one really told me how to use it. Guilt is starting....

--------------------

Posted: July 31, 2012, 1:13 PM
30 days today..a whole month!

When I go back through these posts and see how much I struggled. Wow.

Down to the 4mg of nicotine and sticking with that for awhile.

Have ordered the 0mg.

I think I just want to be free of all of this, vapor too. I know it's fun and I love the taste and that it's not bad for me, but it's still an addiction and causing all kinds of bad thoughts.

One day at a time.

--------------------

Posted: August 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
Finally went to the 0 nicotine on Sunday. 7 weeks, no smoking. Not even one.

My lungs are clear, I smell good. I can smell! Food taste better too..even gained a little weight. Good thing for me.

Still using the vapor..I'll give up that behavoir when I'm ready. Or maybe not. Nothing in it that's hurting me now so maybe this will be my one last vice. That and coffee. lol

It's so awesome to say, I'm a non-smoker.

--------------------

Posted: August 22, 2012, 3:37 PM
Yay! Feels good, right? I do believe you're really done. Where the hell is Jane anyway?

Posted: August 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
It does feel good. And yes, I feel like I'm done. I smell cigarette smoke now and I just can't believe that I would ever want to smell like that again. Or even the taste. Ick.

Yeah, where is Jane?

--------------------

Posted: August 29, 2012, 10:24 PM
GEEZ ! Go away for a bit and look what happens! YOU are AWESOME! I knew you could do it Lisa. Good for you.

Good to see you both. :P I'm back. I went away because I havent been working all summer. So I been playin and away from my computer. Now I am back to work. So I should be around more often.

Love,

Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: August 30, 2012, 12:31 PM
2 whole months today!!!!

I saw your posts on the Family Board Jane so I hate that you're back for the reason but so glad you're back!!

You were a huge inspiration in me quitting. You and Stacey. Mom with her Vapor...it all just fell into place.

I love you girls.

--------------------

Posted: September 4, 2012, 1:43 PM
CG _ holy s***. I can't believe that I would be an inspirtiont o anyone HA! No I am kidding. I felt the same when Stacey quit. I felt like I might could do it. It has helped so much. I never would have thought that I could have gotten so much just from quitting smoking. Its so freeing. That & I got into the rooms of AA what miracle. You are now the inspiration to many others as well. SO keep on keepin on.
As far as the friends and famiy post. At least I know the recipe to follow in order to start getting some relief. It works for practically anything. The steps, a sponsor and action. Here I go starting all over again.

Love you,

Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: September 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
I don't believe that you are starting all over again. You are just "reminding" yourself of what works when you work it.

I can't believe how many times I have said the serenity prayer this past couple of weeks. Going to the 0 nicotine has had it's, not so great times, but I'm hanging in there. I find myself losing my patience with my granddaughters and that's not like me at all. But, I feel better every day and I will be ok. I will be around to see these girls grow up. I just keep reminding myself of that.

I'm working on my boys now. Jake quit a long time ago but the other 2 are next. I'm headed to the "vape" store today and buying them what they need. Both have agreed to try it and want to quit. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste the money. Neither can afford to buy the set up units. But both can afford to buy the liquid from here on out..cheaper than cigarettes. Yep, I'm on my soap box. The smoke natzi again.

You are my inspiration Jane. Don't even say you're not, even tho kidding. All of you have no idea just how much I learn from you. Every day.

xo

--------------------

Posted: October 1, 2012, 11:17 AM
3 months today.

--------------------

Posted: October 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
I was gonna text and ask, but I thought I'd wait to hear...GO YOU! ALl the recent stress and you didn't pick up...sweet. xo

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: October 5, 2012, 11:55 AM
No, didn't pick up but puffing like crazy on this thing. I'm at 0 nicotine now so it's just a crutch at this point but thank God I had it.

My new favorite flavor is Strawberry Smoothie. My husband (who was never a smoker) keeps stealing it.

I guess people are now using these vapes to smoke pot in public. Sigh...there's always some a****** who has to ruin it for the rest of us. Pretty soon, because of that, they will put some law into effect so that we can't use these indoors in public places. Although, those using pot in them, they stink. Like pot. So hopefully, most can tell the difference. Mine smells like strawberries.

Anyway, thanks S. If you didn't keep pushing...

--------------------

Posted: October 5, 2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I heard that, someone asked me about it last week, if I knew anyone who had tried it for weed. I do. Anyway, I don't think they can make the actual device, the delivery system, illegal...it's just a battery and a cartridge. They are still trying to ilegalize the the nicotine juice because the FDA wants to control everything. If it looks like that might happen, I'll stock up, or buy it in Canada when I'm in VT.
post replypost new topic