Things That Don't Help...
Posted: March 2, 2019, 9:22 PM

MomNMore thank you for bumping all these topics for us. I personally have found them very helpful and am grateful you took the time to do this. If you don't mind, would you share your story about your daughter's addiction? Thank you, Sallyanna
Posted: April 27, 2019, 11:33 PM

Hi Sallyanna,
Sorry, I don't come on here much anymore, just check n now and then. My story, my daughter's story, our family story is waaaay back all over these boards. I started here back in 2007 and hung around for about seven years then gradually stopped posting because we were all in a good strong recovery and the forum had served its purpose. I don't have time to tell our story right now, but my daughter has been clean since 2009, has a 9 year old son whom she parented singly until she met her fiance....they are getting married in August. She was a heroin addict and I was sure she was going to die from her addiction...she ODed and thank thank God our town rescue squad had Narcane available and shot her up...the young man she was using with when she ODed called the police, but lost his own battle four months later.

I let go....gave her to God and let her figure it out without me...I was too much a part of the negative equation...codependent crazy and unable to stop trying to control what did not belong to me.

It's okay to let go...necessary even. Keep doing what you've always done, keep getting what you've always gotten...something has to change and sometimes that something is us.

Peace ~ M&M

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image
Posted: April 28, 2019, 5:46 AM

Thank you MomNMore for your reply and sharing about your daughter. Its great she is doing so well and your post is very much appreciated, Sallyanna
Posted: April 28, 2019, 5:56 PM

Monmnmore great to always read a post with a positive outcome, it makes us feel like yes there is hope, so glad she has turned her life around great job
  top of page  Top