< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper Part 2
Overfifty55

Posted: July 5, 2020, 8:42 PM
It wasn’t my lungs it was my heart. Due to my new diagnosis I’m leaving this site. It has been my pleasure sharing my journey.

Posted: July 9, 2020, 12:34 PM

Hello there. I am a woman in her late 30s.
I have been on Methadone since March 28 2018. I got up to 120 ml.
Now I am at 84 MLS. I usually taper of 2-3 MLS at a time. last month I tried ten MLS from 89 down to 79ml(Friday). I couldn't handle it and by Monday I called D180 and had to go back up 5ml to 84mls and still found the 5mls tough to bare.
I can't find much information on tapering, in terms of personal experience, how much some can handle and how they handle it and details...like their diet, any exercise, and whether or not they are tapering with carries at home or if they are tapering while still on witnessed ingestion at their dispensary.
Please anyone reading this, wishing to share their experiences, related to tapering, successful or not, I would absolutely love to hear from you!!
NeedHelp123

Posted: August 12, 2020, 6:54 PM
Hey everyone! Overfifty, what happened? Why are you leaving? Where is everyone? Hope everyone is still doing okay

Posted: August 21, 2020, 10:36 PM
Overfifty55 I hope you are doing well!!! It's been kinda quiet on this site and I was wondering why???

I just celebrated five years off methadone and every day feels better!!!

Everyone just remember it is possible, and victory is in your reach!!!
Old guy

Posted: November 9, 2020, 4:28 AM
1 year 11 September 2020

Paws lasts a long time but forth it
Randomperson

Posted: November 20, 2020, 8:06 PM
Hi Overfifty I just wanted to pop on here and say hello! I think about you often and hope you’re doing ok. I know your 4 year anniversary is coming up and so I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎉🎊 I’m so proud of you!!👏👏 4 years is a big deal!!! My three years is coming up next month!! Hard to believe! I really hope you’re doing good. I’m sorry I have not been on here but a lot has been going on in my life and so I just don’t have much time. I know I need to make time to come on here and say hi to everyone.......especially you! Hope your daughter and granddaughters are doing good. My daughter is doing good. She will be 13 soon so you know the teenage years. Anyway I just want to congratulate you again on 4 years Methadone free!!🤗❤️👏

@ mojo congrats on your 5 years!!! Way to go!👏🎉🎊🤗

@ needhelp hope things are getting better for you!!❤️

I hope Marykat and George are doing good too!!

@itspossible are you still around? I hope you’re doing good! Love you all like family!❤️
Overfifty55

Posted: June 5, 2021, 10:12 AM
Good morning,

It’s been awhile since my last post. I’m doing well and still methadone free. A lot of change for me health wise and it’s been a challenge. I had open heart surgery diagnosed with diabetes and congestive heart disease with Afib. It’s really been an eye opener. I know my heroin use harmed my heart. In fact I believe risky living for awhile has left me with medical issues. For me finding this out was a whole new rock bottom. I’d been not feeling up to par went to the doctor and bam a slew of new diagnosis’s. It’s like part two of drug use. I hadn’t taken care of myself for so many years that this is something that could happen.

I’m sitting in the dark waiting for everyone to wake up. I’ve already had coffee and fed the queen miss Bella. My 🐱 cat. I’m over at my daughters house. She’s such a wonderful daughter. I’m so blessed to have such caring family. This makes a real difference I believe. Having a good support system while your tapering off of methadone. Go slow and try not to go up on your methadone once you’ve tapered. Keep going down.

It was so nice reading your posts randomperson. A lot has happened since the pandemic started omg I can’t believe it’s getting back to normal. The girls get out of school on the 17th. It’s almost the summer time and I’m not looking forward to the warmer weather. I don’t mind wearing a hoodie and keeping toasty. Lol. We’ve been unusually warm and today it’s gloomy and the temperature has dropped. My daughter got a big pool for the girls so we have something to do besides jumping on the trampoline.

So as I said earlier this is something that can happen down the road. I hung on to my drug use into my forties so something was bound to go haywire in the body. I rarely think about methadone and when I do it’s fond memories I hold onto now. How methadone gave me my life back. It was a miracle drug for me. Then I tapered really slow and her I am today.

It’s too bad it so slow on here. I really found this site very helpful. Everyone helped me achieve this by communicating on line. Randomperson, Itspossible, mojo1 I’ve followed your journeys too. You all have helped me and supported me. Thank you so much.

Posted: June 5, 2021, 10:51 PM
Hi Overfifty, I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. You are correct having a family support system while tapering is extremely important. This site help me so m much as I was tapering almost 6 years ago. Wow I can't believe how times passes so quickly. I want to encourage people to read the stories of people who have successfully tapered off methadone. Remember everyone it may not be easy but it gets better everyday.

I want to tell everyone that I could have never found the strength on my own. My strength comes from Jesus and only through Him can I fight through the struggles.
Overfiftr55

Posted: June 8, 2021, 10:41 AM
Hi Mojo1,

It was so nice to read your post. Wise words from a survivor of methadone. Time sure does fly by. I was just telling my son in law that October is just 4 months away. That’s how time flies for me. Six years is a long time. I bet it feels like a long time has passed. For me I don’t remember the struggling and sadness that accompanied methadone use for me. It’s all in the past. One thing that makes me happy is I can sleep now. I use to have trouble sleeping and would wake up at 4ish everyday. Now I wake up at a decent hour. How have you been? Are you sleeping now too? Have a wonderful day. Peace

Posted: June 19, 2021, 12:27 PM
Hey, how is everyone? Overfifty, I’m sorry to hear about your Heath issues. I, too have had some recent bad news. I noticed I have been having more trouble breathing and attributed it to working out too hard but it was getting worse so I went to the doctor and found my oxygen levels were down. I’m still seeing doctors for tests but found I’m having some issues with my arteries and have something called Left Bundle Block. I’m 39, so it’s a bit of a shock to have heart issues at this point in my life but I did smoke since I was 11...so most of my life. The real kicker is that I had quit smoking the end of 2019. I can’t help but wonder if I had kept smoking, would my health be the same? Is it like draining/replacing the transmission fluid in an old car and find out it was better to just leave all that gunk because it’s what was holding it together? lol best analogy I can come up with, i guess.
Other than that, I’m doing okay. I am still Methadone free and PAWS hasn't been around for a long while so things aren’t to bad in that regard. We are still unfortunately under lockdown and can’t wait until I can eat indoors or go to an actual public gym again! Yes, I know the gym isn’t the best thing to be doing atm but lol I’m a stubborn sob, what can I say 💪

I hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from some of you. Overfifty, I’m sorry again to hear about your Heath issues. I’m so glad you have family by your side. Very happy to hear that!
Overfifty55

Posted: June 22, 2021, 10:42 AM
Good morning,

Hi NeedHelp123, I too had breathing problems and thought it was my lungs. My doctor listened to me but didn’t do anything. I was having an extra hard time breathing and it’s scared me so I called my doctor. She told me to go to the ER. When I got there it was serious. I was transported by ambulance to a hospital that could better take care of heart problems. I was kept 9 days and thought I was done with everything. Well then they said I needed open heart surgery. The surgery was a success. I had to have oxygen because my oxygen levels were down. Do you practice breathing excersises? Anyways I’m not on oxygen anymore. I still don’t have much stamina when walking or standing. A brisk walk of 15 minutes and I’m winded.

I’m glad you caught this early NeedHelp123. I’m 58 and thought I was too young for heart problems. So I can imagine your surprise at 39. Medicine is so advanced that I have every confidence everything will be just fine with me. Anyways sending good vibes your way.

That’s wonderful that you don’t have PAWS. I didn’t have it and feel very lucky. I’m super glad your methadone free. It’s the best present you can give yourself.

I’m up before anyone else and having my coffee. Enjoying the start of my day. The girls will be up shortly and then breakfast. I better go………Peace

Good morning Randomperson have a beautiful day. Summertime is here.
Overfifty55

Posted: June 25, 2021, 12:07 PM
Hi,

It’s a heatwave here for the next 4 days. Summer has started with a bang. The girls are settling into summer vacation already lol. I’m glad they have some normalcy since the 🦠 COVID.

I’m bad about keeping track of things like dates. I guess it’s almost been a year since I had my open heart surgery. Time sure flys by. In fact gonna get ready for Christmas because it’ll be here before I know it. Lol

I’m dying my hair and have 9 minutes left. I had been thinking of going natural but it’s looking pretty rough. I have a birthday to go to tomorrow and wanted to look nice. Anyways just living life. That’s what’s nice about being methadone free I can enjoy my day. No glooming I’m gonna be sick. Nope no worries.

Just thought this site needed some posts so I’m posting. Lol. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Peace and love.💚💚

Overfifty55

Posted: June 29, 2021, 12:42 PM
Good morning,

Hoping everyone is staying cool. We’ve had scorching weather the last 3 days. Today I’m cracking crab for salads tonight. My daughters neighbors gave them 🦀 crab. I do enjoy a good crab Louie.

I’ve never been a sleeper always up before everyone. Well I don’t know if it’s being methadone free or my heart meds but I can sleep now. It’s incredible what sleeping does for my mental health.

Anyways Just gonna hang out with the girls today. Have a beautiful Tuesday……..Peace
Overfifty55

Posted: July 22, 2021, 11:04 AM
Having a cup of coffee and listening to Good Morning America. The new Siberian Husky has changed my routine. Always getting himself in trouble lol and me needing to know what he’s doing at all times. The whole experience is refreshing. I’m getting up more and that alone changes the day. New experiencing the dogs in a whole new way.

I’m glad I haven’t taken methadone for years. A change to one’s routine can sometimes derail you. I’m flexible and not set in my ways. I roll with the punches. Do you find that to be true for yourself? It makes life easier to be sure.

Well yesterday was very interesting. My granddaughter and two of her friends went to the little park in our neighborhood. Some little boy on a bike was cussing at them. So they called 911 and the police came . The policeman needed to talk to me about it. Omg it was like a Hollywood comedy. The new Siberian Husky got out when I opened the door for the police. So I went after him. The policeman is watching me. I finally get Toby in the house and have to talk to the police now. Im irritated and freaked out when they need my name. Old behaviors.. I haven’t had a run in with the police in years (10 or more). I thought it was interesting that I felt in trouble.

Well that’s enough for now. Have a beautiful day……peace
Overfifty55

Posted: August 20, 2021, 5:22 PM
Hi,

Just thought I’d pop on here to say hello.

Posted: August 22, 2021, 8:00 PM
Hey, I hope everyone is doing well.
Overfifty55

Posted: August 25, 2021, 11:53 AM
Hi mojo1,

It’s so great to hear from you. It’s so great to be methadone free!!
Randomperson

Posted: September 15, 2021, 6:50 PM
Hi everyone it’s so good to hear from you! It has been a while since I’ve posted but not because I don’t think of you, but because it’s been crazy. I sure hope you are all doing well!🤗

Overfifty it is especially good to hear from you. I was so worried about you! I am so sorry to hear about your health issues 😔 but so relieved that you’re still alive! Health issues is definitely the down side of drug use but I hope with your surgery and good medical care you’ll do good. I can’t believe it’s already September! We both have anniversaries coming up. I’m still Methadone free and I have to say for me God has been good. I never get paws and I feel better than I have in a long time. Do not miss it one bit!! I am very grateful and always will be for you and this site! I hope your daughter and granddaughters are doing well and also the new dog🐕 I ❤️ Huskies but they are known as escape artists….. 😂

Anyway I hope you all are doing great! I miss chatting with you. I guess I need to check this site more often!🙂

And to anyone who is contemplating getting off of Methadone, if you want off you just need to make the decision and stick with it. It can be done and you CAN do it! Peace 🕊
Overfifty55

Posted: September 19, 2021, 12:04 PM
Good morning Randomperson,

It’s wonderful to chat again. I’m methadone free and yes coming up on another year. You too seem to echo what I feel at this time. I don’t miss it at all.

My daughter and grand daughters are doing good. My son in law is hunting. He killed a 6point elk with a bow and arrow on Friday. The meat is fabulous so we are excited.

I have a hard time putting words on paper and have started a post many times. So sometimes I’m all over the place. I’m being a bit daring this morning eating a half of a Crumbl Cookie with my coffee. Sugary goodness. Yesterday everyone got a Crumbl Cookie. You never can eat a whole one I’ve found. Anyways I’ve almost finished mine.

It really is good to hear from you. I’m so glad your methadone free. I’m doing good but my health could be better. I sporadically take the dog for a walk. The Husky definately is causing me to walk faster.

Now the subject of school. The girls go in person learning 5days a week. They also both do cheer. They’re very busy. Growing up everyday. How is your daughter doing with school? Love that summer is over. Ready for the fall.

Peace and 💗 love.
Randomperson

Posted: September 22, 2021, 1:47 PM
Good morning overfifty I hope you are doing well today. It’s so nice to catch up with you! The cookie crumble sounds delicious 😋 and now I want one. Lol. I’m so sorry about your health issues. I know it’s got to be hard on you. I’m so glad you’re close to your daughter and granddaughters…… being close to family is so important. My daughter is doing really good and is in school in person, she also plays soccer ⚽️ and volleyball 🏐 She loves sports. Overall we are doing good. We did make a move so that was a little stressful but it’s done and we are all settled in now. If it weren’t for Covid everything would be great right now……..but you know with Covid it’s just frustrating. I will be glad when the whole thing is over!

I’m still Methadone free and like you I don’t really ever think 🤔 about it……except when I come on here. I sure hope other people realize that it is possible to get off. For us tapering ourselves was effective but for others they may need to do a blind taper. I think the biggest obstacle in getting off is believing that you can and having support. I have no issues with paws or anything and if I’m being honest I actually feel better now that I’m off. I still go to CR and I really love that program. A big help for me was this board and having you guys support me…… that was huge for me. Anyway I won’t ramble anymore. Lol it’s very nice chatting with you again! Take care and I’ll Ttys.❤️🤗. Prayers🙏 and Peace🕊
post replypost new topic