next >  post replypost new topic
Gratitude - A Daily Prayer

Posted: December 4, 2017, 6:55 AM
Sooooo I tried to find the gratitude thread I started many years ago but just couldn't find it so decided with a smile to start a new one.

I was reminded tonight about gratitude and the very tangible value of doing a regular gratitude list - actually writing it down not just thinking about it. This is a habit I had for a long time but of recent years have dropped.

So wanting to build that good habit back again here goes

Today i am grateful for
God
Being sober
My wonderful partner
having a new opportunity (start new job next week)
have a lovely and comfortable home
Plenty of money in the bank to buy food and other necessities
Have good health
Can afford to buy Christmas presents for our families
the fellowship and program of AA
5 years of having one large corporate client - my last day with them tomorrow as I move onto my new adventure.

Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: December 4, 2017, 3:21 PM
I am grateful to see Idgie post on the board again
I am grateful for my daughter's recovery after major surgery
I am grateful I have money to buy plane tickets so I can spend Christmas with my Children and grandchildren.
EVERY DAY I am grateful for my sobriety.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: December 5, 2017, 6:49 AM
Hey Pirate *waving*

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

I am grateful for finishing up with my corporate client today after 5 years of working for them in my business - grateful to have had them as a client for so long but now moving on to other things.
Grateful to be sober
Grateful for my chiropractor!!!

--------------------

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: December 5, 2017, 3:50 PM
waving back Y Y Y Y Y Y

Grateful I have some presents wrapped..
Grateful to have most of the tree decorated
Grateful for Christmas...

--------------------

Posted: December 17, 2017, 7:03 AM
ohh boy...had a sucky end to an otherwise good weekend. my head....restless, irritable and discontent.

So....I am grateful for

My new job, one week I am enjoying it. Not an environment I ever thought I'd work in but so far OK.
All Christmas shopping done.
Christmas cookies baked.
Air Conditioning - another stupidly hot summer is underway. 2 days of 40+ predicted again this week (that's over 100F for those of you in USA)
very very grateful to be sober today.

--------------------

Posted: December 28, 2017, 2:16 PM
Wow, I felt the pull last night to come here and find the Gratitude thread as well and when I couldn't find it also, I see Idgie & Pirate started a new one........

Today I am grateful for continuous sobriety

Today I am grateful for the 11years that I have spent working with my sponsor and no matter how long I stay sober, I still need to work with my sponsor, use the steps in my daily life and help others without expectations.

Today I am grateful to see this website still up and running. How this place saved & changed my life, I will be eternally grateful to the women who first started it.

Today I am grateful to be finding peace again after a much difficult 2017.

So good to see my old friends here....Happy New Year, Ladies! Now where's SKG???

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: January 2, 2018, 10:27 AM
I AM GRATEFUL to have made it to another year sober and in relatively good health..

--------------------

Posted: January 3, 2018, 9:15 PM
Well HELLO, OldTimers! Good to see you are still doing the deal out there. :) Life on life's terms? Thank GOD there IS A SOLUTION!
:)
Hi, M... And 24G! Idgie! Where'd Dodsworth? Ginge, Valarie, the rest?

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: January 4, 2018, 9:01 PM
Hello skg....glad to see you popped in...:)

I am grateful for you, your help that helped save me and for the others who cared enough to invest time in me...

--------------------

Posted: January 8, 2018, 6:33 AM
Hi all
Valerie is still around we are facebook friends.

good to see you both SKG and Stacey *waving*

I came on tonight because I need to get some gratitude tonight. Feeling very frustrated about a couple of things. But they are small things in the big scheme of things or so I keep reminding myself.

I AM grateful
for my new job - working in a rehab - never thought I would do that.
for my partner
for air conditioning - phew it was 45 C yesterday - what's that about 118F I think.
for my mother agreeing to my plan for Dad's 80th in a few months and not making difficulties about it.

Wow that's a lot to be grateful for AND I have sobriety and a God who loves me.

Idgie

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2018, 12:13 PM
I am very grateful to have recovered from the flu and able to return to work..

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2018, 6:43 PM
**Waving back to Idgie, Pirate & SKG**

I'm also on FB with quite a few women back 10 years ago when we were all on this site and they all seem to be doing fantastic as well, living life on life's terms, becoming Grandmothers and all the blessings that sobriety brings to us.

Today I am grateful that I was able to be of selfless service to my mother-in-law whom I cared for the last 13 months of her life when she was stricken with cancer again. She passed over on Dec. 31st and I'm so, so grateful that I did everything I could to help her die with grace & dignity.

Today I am grateful for my beautiful, smart & wise children and watching them raise their kids.

Today I am grateful I am still at the same job for over the last 14 years which speaks volumes but I was a climber to the top, get restless and bail after 3-4 years.

Today I am grateful for my sponsor, who is still with me after 11 years together and I get to help her walk through her final months of life here on this planet. She is such a beautiful women of the program, still sharing all her gratitude, going to meetings, helping others and living life, one day at a time with grace & dignity.

--------------------

Posted: January 10, 2018, 7:14 AM
Oh wow Stacey sounds like you have a huge amount on your plate right now. How awesome that you are able to face life and be sober and deal with it all - the good days and the bad.

I am grateful so grateful for my sobriety today.

I am grateful for my new job which is teaching me so much - about life!!

I am grateful that I have been able to support my partner through a difficult decision. And I do mean support, not take over, dictate or try and control the outcome.

I am grateful to be alive.

--------------------

Posted: January 10, 2018, 12:49 PM
Hi Stacey ..So good to see some of us back here! Always the grateful one no matter the circumstances. You are inspiring girl! There have been a lot of changes in our lives since coming to this board. We have sobered up, became grandparents, lost loved ones ,gained new members in our families..such is the circle of life and today I am grateful to be part of the journey.

--------------------

Posted: January 16, 2018, 6:49 AM
Was grateful to be sober and open up the meeting today, even if only 3 turned up - one who is still drinking. Oh well, there but for the grace of God....

Grateful for a cooler day today.

--------------------

Posted: January 30, 2018, 6:54 AM
Grateful for the big book.

Resentment....to the precise extent that we permit this we squander the hours that might have been worthwhile.

How true that is. I don't want to waste anymore of my life, wasted enough when i was drinking.

I have only found one remedy for resentment and that is prayer - this even worked with resentment towards ex-husband.
Grateful for the reminders.

--------------------

Posted: January 30, 2018, 1:32 PM
Oh my goodness hello everyone. So good to see the familiar names and so happy you are all well. It's been such a long time since I posted anything here but I'll be coming up on 10 years sober in April and it all began here with the help of the good people on ARG.

Posted: January 31, 2018, 3:29 PM
Today I am grateful to see some of my old friends here & very grateful this site is still active because if I hadn't stumbled across this site, I'd most likely would have died 13 years ago.

Today I am grateful for a beautiful, spiritual sponsor who is living the last of her life but doing so with such grace & dignity, still giving all praise to God and to Alcoholics Anonymous. She truly is my Angel here on earth and will continue to be even when she transitions to the other side. I'm so very grateful that I get to be there for her now after all she's so freely shared and given to me.

I'm grateful for the passage Idgie posted on Resentments and I'm grateful that the Big book & the 12 steps has given me the tools to work through my resentments. I'm still human and I still get resentments, the blessing is today I don't have to live with them if I choose to pick up the tools and work on them.

Today I am very grateful for another day of sobriety and being able to show up for my life.

--------------------

Posted: February 1, 2018, 6:09 AM
Hi Ruth
Wow!!!!!!! That is so awesome coming up on the big anniversary. I love hearing from the old crew on this site - still sober. How incredible is that one day at a time. Very happy for you.

Hugs Stacey....no words, just hugs.

Today i am grateful that the heatwave is over and we've had two lovely cool days!! Loving it.

--------------------

Posted: February 1, 2018, 3:07 PM
I am grateful to see some of the old crowd showing up again..

--------------------
post replypost new topic