Beating Synthetic Weed Addiction: Beginners Guide
Posted: June 12, 2016, 4:57 PM

Almost 80 hrs thru. I know at this point I'll never turn to it again. I get anxious just smoking marijuana. Could be the increased heart rate. I just keep memorizing scripture in my head over and over. Can feel the opposition fill me up with anxiety confusion even the feeling of total shutdown. I feel powerless. But guess what not powerless to do that stupid spice s*** again. Hell pots putting the scare in me. The very feeling of getting high is s***ting me down more and more. So I'm going to go complete cold turkey on everything accept the anxiety medicine and sleeping pills. Ha ha I feel really dumb. Did not think this could happen to me. I use to love smoking it in college. N'er once did I withdraw but I had a bad high experience one time and put it down completely. Did not go to it ever again. Until six months ago. On papers needed to get high. Didn't want to get caught.!my friends I just kept making mistake after mistake after mistake. The only thing I got left is my job and my truck and my apartment. However sense I'm desperate now I've asked my mother in law for help. And recently talking to my ex wife. All of which just the thought of them brings me more anxiety and confusion. Every single time I think about any of my family members I get intense pulpusions in my chest and anxiety turns into a heartbreaking sorrow. The only thing that keeps me going is the blood of Christ. Remembering what he did on Calvary. And than I realize how much of a bad person I've become. Yet his arm is stretched out still. This is the only comfort I got left. When my wife left me I didn't care if I lived or died. So I used the synthetic very harshly without restraint and I did t care about the results. I smoked ten blunts a day with it. If I get thru this and I don't die I'll dedicate my entire existence on one thing and one thing only. Service. There is no peace for the wicked. Yet Moses still got to glance at the promised land. Blessed be the lord my rock who trains my hands for war my fingers for battle. My loving kindness and my fortress my stronghold my deliverer my shield and he in whom I take refuge in. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God let your good spirit lead me to level ground for the sake of your name revive me. In your righteousness bring me out of trouble and in your loving kindness cut off my enemies and destroy those things that afflict my soul, for I am your servant. Save me oh God by thy name and judge me by thine strength hear my prayer oh God give ear to the words of my mouth for strangers have risen up against me and oppressors seek after my soul. I just continually meditate in it. His word is life. I will stumble more times than counted. I will bleed cry and beg. He shall hear my prayer from upon high and save his chosen elect. Nothing that goes into the body shall defile you, it is that which enters out of the tongue, this is what defiles a man. And behold I am a vile man dwelling among heathens. Please wash my sins with your blood. I desire to do the will of a perfect man. Let me feed on thine faithfulness. In all my days keep me from the oppressor and the mean man. Transform my body mind heart and soul into a vessel that can hold water. I call out to you. Jesus saves.
Posted: June 13, 2016, 9:21 PM

Everybody take a deep breath and R E L A X...

Synthetic is in a class all by itself, when it comes to addiction pathology, and withdrawal from it is like nothing else. I've had heroin addicts tell me that withdrawal from synthetic is WORSE than withdrawal from opiates. I don't know about that; I just know that the stuff kicked my a** and coming off it was the worst experience of my life. And I'm 63 years old, so...

If you've been off it for any length of time at all, you're better off than you were. Just hang in there. It does get better. I promise.

And I promise that you never have to feel this way ever again. Whatever you do, don't go back.

--------------------
Tom
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Posted: June 14, 2016, 2:59 PM

I'm a lil over a week clean from it and it's still throwing me. I have to eat everything thru a straw but milk goes down easy and muscle milk kinda does too. I've ate salads which also helps. Tried eating crackers and tried eating fruit and I almost hurl them up. When I hurl them up I get loads of anxiety. I'm afraid the anxiety will never pass. My thought process is very deceitful. But one things for sure I'll never go thru that again.
Posted: June 14, 2016, 5:02 PM

Every day, every hour, even every minute, is a step closer to feeling better!

You've done so well to get this far and it will get easier from here on.

I did the same when quitting as you, lots of introspection and bad feelings but you should be proud of your strength for quitting rather than ashamed of being addicted. You're going through a terribly hard ordeal and the fact you've faced up to this evil is something to be proud about!

One love and keep strong!
Don
Posted: June 18, 2016, 2:47 AM

So i dont know if this thread is used anymore but here it goes, ive been on this stuff for about 2-3
years now, everyday for about the last year and a half (although that is a complete guess, i really cant remember) im still very young. This started originally as a fun alternative to weed that my local
milk bar - (general store?) would sell me, id smoke with a mate and get wreeecked, it was fun, butbafter a death in the family we had to travel over for a funeral for a week and then came the terrible breakup of my first relationship, it really ruined me, school just wasnt happening, the teachers pressure didnt help, and they especially couldnt have cared less to help, but eventually after the first 2 months i wasnt going, and then pretty much just never went back. I was always a popular kid, fun and ALWAYS active, one of the best runners in primary school, started stunt scooter ing (cant say i was that good) but i never stopped always travelling and going places, i became a graffiti artist (you might say end,al) but i loved people, i loved being active, but it all just sorta stopped after'i left school, i had time for everything, i still had time to make something for myself, but what did i choose to do? Smoke more weed (always infuring synthetic here) but it was with a mate and a good one that i new for years, he used to live down the street, but then moved like an hours trainride away which thinking about it isnt really anything, but it does seem like such a mad long journey now, but we fell apart, he started school again locally and we just never saw eachother again, and then, all of a sudden i had nobody, and i didnt even realize, i even lost my Best Friend, and that killed me, i felt like there was nothing i could do about it and i chose more weed? There was still plenty of things i could do, but maybe this was the start of my addiction, i isolated myself to my home, lost everything and everyone, unemployed and living off my parents, and this is pretty much where i sit today, still all this time doing nothing, the difference being that looking back on it now i can see how much it ruined everything i could have been, and i think there is nothing i can do so what do i do? Yep, smoke more, thinking life is over but not acually thinking about my futureself. (Sound familiar) life isnt over and i still have plenty left, but not as much as i did back then and every day from now becomes a little less that i can do, and im just starting to realize that but i just cant break out of the system, ive tried trial quitting, going hours without just to become moody and completely go nuts on it, my usual take is 1 bong (mixed with tobacco) per 10-30 minutes which isnt timed but it just seems to be what ive turned into, i tried waking up today to none, it was only an hour before i was s***ty and taking it out on my family ( mum mainly, sorry mum) she gets it, but she doesnt need my bulls*** attitude when she is going through the s*** she has, and thats when someone told me to have a bong, and i was so mad, but i felt like they were right, i felt like it was the pass i needed, and i did, ruining my self again, and as i sit here fresh from a few i feel like s***, i feel like ive lost a massive battle, but ill go back again after i write this, and with a sore chest, a fried brain and a broken soul ill try again tomorrow, scared that ill do the same old stuff, but its just the first task, and i pledge to quit, maybe i wrote this for others but maybe i wrote it for myself, and i dont even know'what im writing anymore, but wish me luck in your day as i try again tomorrow, ill be back here to report, probably to vent to myself nomatter what happens, but one quick thing - reading all these stories, advice and messages, youre all amazing, i hope to be as strong as you as youve all helped me admit to my life and helped me see that i still have hope and its not the end, thankyou everyone
Concerned parent
Posted: June 18, 2016, 8:25 AM

Thanks for this really useful post. My adult son has recently come off synthetic weed since it became illegal, but has now turned to alcohol in a big way. I also heard that there are YouTube videos showing how to make synthetic weed and I'm really afraid he will resort to this. After finding out about his addiction and confronting him, he has admitted that he has been using substances since about 14/15 yrs and is telling me that he wants to stop. I'm just not sur we can trust him, but he has agreed to go to counselling, which I'm hoping might help. Just wondering if you or anyone on the forum has any other suggestions?
Posted: June 24, 2016, 3:46 PM

Counseling will help; alcohol will not. While I'm not a fan of transferring addictions, if he has to do something, smoking weed will do the least damage.

--------------------
Tom
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Posted: June 24, 2016, 5:32 PM

If he wants to quit drinking/using and can't seem to be able to stay quit I suggest he attend AA/NA meetings like millions of others do.

Good luck.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Marc1980
Posted: July 14, 2016, 5:49 PM

ONE YEAR CLEAN TODAY!!!!! Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that I did it, however I have!!!! I have started a new chapter in my life and it couldn't get any better!!!! Again, if I can do it, so can you!!! You just don't know what you're missing until you give up this synthetic crap!!! You owe it to yourself to try, and even more to stick with it!!! You can do it!!!!
Addy
Posted: July 19, 2016, 9:33 AM

It's a scourge. I am posting this from a hospital ER because I am suicidal from this drug. It has given me chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (copd). This is nothing like marijuana and the worst part is the damn high only lasts 10 minutes. I have to keep smoking and smoking it like crack. Forget about the tolerance. It builds so fast that what put me in a coma for a week last year, doesn't even touch me today. A full waste of money.
Charlotte
Posted: July 31, 2016, 4:12 AM

Hi all,
I'm concerned about my baby brother,
I've asked him if he smokes too much, does he get sick?
As he has spewed up afew times whilst smoking synthetics..
His reply was .. I get sick if I don't smoke it ..
Raised my concerns and he is dependent on it.
I'd like to know how would be the best way to approach him
Into try giving it up ... I miss my younger brother. He's just
Lost his dad a couple of weeks ago .. He doesn't work. Used to do drug dealing
I guess that helped him support his habit .
I'm in desperate need right now ...
I have only just found this page and I'd like to give updates or talk to someone who understands ..
Posted: July 31, 2016, 12:05 PM

Charlotte,

Please repost in Families/Partners of Addicts. You will find people there who understand.

- the moderators
bad man
Posted: August 12, 2016, 10:00 AM

hey guys been reading all the posts its all very good feed back and yes i am a current user and it is killing me slowly it has taken everything from me just not my life yet but it is very close to it i have a family and a partner that i dont want to lose i am adhd and i am an engineer i use to smoke weed cannabis and did for about 10yrs started when i was just a kid off and on i got hardout when i was 14 as in every single day breakfast lunch tea and so on then i became an engineer at the age of 20yrs then one day my flat mate came home with some dairy dak we call it i tried it and got hell of a hit then the next day came home and asked will that get me passed a drug test to she said yes life just got a whole lot easier i dont have to worry about drug tests any more it was a big win to me not knowing what it would do to me now 4yrs later i am were i am i need a lot of help i just hope use can help me and I DO WANT TO GIVE UP PLEASE HELP ME you can add me on Facebook Zeyke Tihi please do thank you for your time
Posted: August 25, 2016, 4:07 PM

BUZZ JUICE
THIS IS FOR LIQUID SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA

I KNOW I MIGHT GET FLAMMED FOR THIS BUT JUST DONT STOP ALL AT ONCE.
WEAN YOURSELF OFF.
IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN GO WITHOUT THEN DO.
WHEN I QUIT I SMOKED FIRST IN THE MORNING, AT LUNCH, AND BEFORE BED.
NEXT DAY SMOKE IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU WAKE UP, SKIP LUNCH, SMOKE BEFORE BED.
NEXT NO SMOKING ALL DAY ONLY JUST BEFORE BED.
THEN ITS TIME TO SWEAT!
IF YOU START BEING TO ACTIVE AND GET THE SWEATS HOP IN THE SHOWER SIT DOWN FOR TEN MINUTES AND LET THE WATER COOL YOU OFF IT'LL BRING YOU BACK TO NORMAL.
FOR SLEEPING AT NIGHT IS THE WORST FOR ME. IVE GONE FOUR DAYS WITHOUT SLEEPING BEFORE BECAUSE I JUST QUIT COLD TURKEY.
PILLS AND SLEEP AIDS ARE DANGEROUS AND REALLY DON'T WORK.
FOR THE SWEATING PLACE A BEACH TOWEL ON YOUR BED GET NAKED AND SLEEP ON THAT.
WHEN YOU WAKE UP SOAKING a** WET CHANGE THE TOWEL WIPE OFF AND PROBABLY STARE AT THE CEILING TILL DAYLIGHT CAUSE YOUR GONNA BE AWAKE FOR AWHILE.
HYDRATION- PEDIALYTE MIX IT 50/50 WITH WATER AND DRINK DRINK DRINK.
FOOD- CHICKEN BROTH-YOU WONT BE EATING SOLID FOODS.
SWEAT IT OUT
RUN AND WORKOUT BE ACTIVE BUT ITS GONNA TAKE WILLPOWER CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA BE HURTIN.
GOOD LUCK. LIFE IS AWESOME WITHOUT THIS DRUG.

UPDATE:
I FINALLY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT ALMOST ALL THE WAY BUT I HAVE A CAT AND HE WOKE UP.
HAD THE SCREAMIN s***S LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING.
STILL DONT HAVE A APPETITE/ I CAN STAND TO LOSE WEIGHT.
BUT SERIOUSLY I FEEL LIKE A NEW MAN.
SO IF YOU READ THE ABOVE AND DO LIKE I SAY YOU'LL BE OK
YOUR DETOX IS GOING TO LAST 3-4 DAYS ANDS DEPEDNING ON WHAT KIND YOU WERE SMOKING AND INTENSITY
THE SYNTHETIC LIQUID IS WAY MORE POTENT THAN THE OTHER STUFF.

DOES ANY OF YALL VAPE THE SYNTHETIC LIQUID?

DOES ANYBODY GET THE HICCUPS?

ANY TWITCHING WHILE LAYING DOWN?

WE'VE PROBABLY RUINED OUR NERVOUS SYSTEM WITH TUS STUFF.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE EXPERIENCES

This post has been edited by DEEPSEADOG on August 27, 2016, 9:14 AM
Posted: August 29, 2016, 3:19 PM

well hi, im equatorlounge from mauritius. just to sum up, im 35yrs, father, one daughter, live alone, currently hooked on spice, previously meth(3yrs), previously heroin(10yrs) (let's say cannabis is not really addictive, shall we?)

iv been abroad, cape town for one year but before that, i was also on heroin. in cpt, I started having seizures, repeatedly, every six months ever since. iv been introduced to depakine, 800mg a day but still im hooked onto spice and dunno how to get off all of these substance abuse habits.

there always seems to be something coming up next. if only there could be a place to start but these posts really help, a lot (don ur post is amazing and so true, i also hit bongs, daily) so thank you all of you

This post has been edited by equatorlounge on August 29, 2016, 3:29 PM
Posted: August 29, 2016, 6:23 PM

one time at a day bro. I'm three days clean right now. i slept 9 hours last night! just keep trying.
Posted: August 29, 2016, 10:22 PM

deepseadog:
way to go!! hope i reach u soon ;)
my record is 36hrs :(

r u all poets here or is that how i sound coming from a french speaking country under an english system? i nvy the way u all wrote ur stories btw. (im taking hrs to write those few paragraphs)

twitching : no
back pains : hell yeah, loss of calcium
(the fluoride eating up my bones or wat?)
sneezing : yes, big time, even while hitting
appetite loss : i force. myself to eat (hard on proteins lately)
weight loss : from large to now xtra small
its true, u wana lose weight real fast, by hook or crook plus ur fed up of life!?

other symptoms..
music : i cant play radiohead's paranoid android when im high. so its true that mood swings rhyme with music.
libido : is that normal but i feel like having more sex when im sober?!

thanks anyone

This post has been edited by equatorlounge on August 29, 2016, 10:43 PM
Posted: August 30, 2016, 1:19 PM

as far as eating chicken broth has been my best friend and for some reason peaches really taste good. the kind that come in a can. you really need to try and hydrate tho. I had a buddy that ended up in the hospital cause of dehydration almost screwed up his kidneys for life. the worse for me is the insomnia. but like i said get out there and workout. sweat that s*** out. cause if you were smoking anything like i was you're hurting dude and i feel for ya but it will get better just stick with it.
Posted: October 19, 2016, 9:41 AM

Hi, this is Alderain or formerly known as Icarus. (Had to make a new account cause i lokced myself out of the old one xD)

I had a strange urge to visit this website again after spending a solid 9 months without Synthetic Marijuana. I'm happy to see some people to come out on top of this hellish drug but for those who are still battling, this thread is your family. I only posted my story here once and honestly, taking that s*** off my chest felt so good xD

To ThaDood:

Just wanted to say hello! Got life back on the rails again and just wanted to give some hope to people here who are really struggling. I'll try to make this website my new Facebook ^_^

To StillSwimming:

My deepest apologies for not being able to respond to your comments :( I just got so busy with life and dealing with the aftermath that I decided to headbutt life in the balls for a while xD But honestly though, hope you are doing well and please do keep us updated on your situation. After all, this little thread on the internet is a special place and family to me and I want to help out as best as I can even if it's just responding.
JackTimber
Posted: January 19, 2017, 3:31 AM

Day 1: Just 6 hours after my last one and it's already telling me to go back there and grab one more bag. That's not the worse though, cause I can still dismiss it away , emphasizing its 'all in the mind'. The puking and nausea is bad though, and I have no appetite to eat..
  top of page  Top