post replypost new topic
Daily Functions
John

Posted: December 13, 2017, 3:37 AM
has anyone here had any memory learning problems attributed to their alcohol addiction? I've been drinking pretty much daily for the last 15+ years and have been having issues at work adapting to and learning my job. I am not sure if I've always felt this way or if it's attributed to my alcohol use. I use to drink heavily every day for years. Anymore I might have between three and 8 drinks everyday. I know that's probably still considered heavy. I just wonder, if anyone else has experienced this and if they have, did alcohol cessation improve these problems? How long did it take if so? Any information would be appreciated, I'm someone in dire need of help here. Thanks in advance
Lynn

Posted: December 13, 2017, 4:07 AM
Hi, absolutely alcohol impairs brain function. The last 12 months or so when I was drinking, it was hard to do my job I'd been doing for 25+ years. I renovate houses. While there are many aspects to the job, I have known and should know it like the back of my hand. I was progressively getting worse. Easy to see how so many wind up literally in the gutter. The good news is, if you can stop, there is hope for recovery. The best news is...you can stop. :)
John

Posted: December 13, 2017, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Lynn, I'm happy to hear that you are in recovery. What were the main brain issues that you were having. Did you notice significant improvements after you quit drinking?
post replypost new topic