< prev  post new topic
Getting Off Nurofen Plus

Posted: December 17, 2014, 8:25 PM
62 days and no NP..........have just returned from holiday down the Gold Coast.........had a massive blow out with alcohol,weed and valium..........just knew i would......there is no excuse........had friends stay so that made it that much easier..........certainly not proud of myself.......but am not going to throw a pity party........need to learn from experience.......came home and was shattered.....crashed and burned.......back at work today and feel fine even after only four hours sleep..........know the next two-three days are going to be hard........irritable,anxiety,depression and throw in a bit of anger........can't blame anyone but myself.........you choose the behaviour you suffer the consequences......WTF am I trying to do here..........my main goal was to get off the NP but now this..........is the penny going to drop.......I'M A BLOODY ADDICT FULLSTOP.......

thats all........meeting tonight......

Posted: December 19, 2014, 9:18 AM
64 days no NP.......gave the alcohol and weed up......feel ok......at work tonight til midnight.....one more hour to go.......very tired this morning.....felt like i was back at week one getting off the NP.........had some coffee, shower felt bit better.......did some house work and shopping with daughter then off to work..........feel a bit flat......but expected much worse........wasn't a real full on blow out over the weekend..........but did have a few drinks and some pot.........still any is not good enough when your trying to get your brain to repair itself...........well back on another two lates this sat,sun.......i guess the pay will be good.........need it as our oven and tv have died while we were away.........had a good meeting last night.......got another number to contact so that makes two numbers i can call now........i do call one of them and text the other if i need to offload.......so just trying to take one day at a time at the moment........no urge or compulsion to take any NP.......

Posted: December 25, 2014, 7:37 AM
going on 70 days now and no NP.......working this evening but was glad to at least spend the morning with my family......so lovely to see the excitment in my daughters eyes whilst opening up her presents.....feel ok.....no anxiety at the moment.....been going to bed to late so am tired but can't blame anyone but myself for that......I just enjoy the alone time at night when everyone else in bed.......been keeping up with meetings and love going....have been getting more contacts and using them which is good. Not sure what else to say....just happy to be clean and sober today.....

Posted: January 14, 2015, 7:44 PM
Well it has been some time since I have written here.......very busy over Christmas/New year......am in a good place right now......finally got the courage to end my marriage to my husband which to my absolute suprise he took very well and we remain in the same house together until we can get it sold..........I now have peace in my heart and feel free at last from constantly walking on eggshells........it will be a very challanging time for my daughter but we have both agreed to make this as smooth as possible for her.........i will need to be on my guard however as husband can be unpredictible........well managed to make three months clean of NP but around 10 days ago I had a bust, could blame it on being sleep deprived and very stressed due to home situation but that would just be making excuses.......went looking for something to take the neausea I was experiencing and came across ten NP......I threw two down the sink and took the remaining 8.........well that just made the anxiety worse and for the following four hours was violently ill......i think mostly due to the guilt.......had a pity parrty for a day then picked myself back up.......can't beat myself up......no point in that......so right now I am in a good place and am very busy trying to get the house in order and cleaned to sell.......am getting no help from the husband but really didn't espect it......

just taking a day at a time and attending meetings

Posted: January 27, 2015, 12:42 AM
Well time is just flying by........when i was first coming off the pills time seemed to me to be going backwards and I just didn't know what I was going to do with so much time.........what a difference being present of mind makes........now there is just not enough hours in the day....trying to get things organised with the house so I can get it on the market with little to no help off ex husband who would be happy to live there for the rest of his life with me even if we are not together.........I just want out ASAP........just love going to my meetings and even think I have found a sponsor who is willing to take new comers on.........just need to ask which is a huge thing for me........asking someone for help is not my strong point but need to get over that stinking thinking and look after myself and do it right........still smoking ciggs which I really need to give up........one thing at a time though don;t want to end up back at square one............all in all things are improving.......my worse day being clean far out weighs my best day being high on pain pills.........have finally excepted step three which has been a huge relief for me as I was finding it very difficult to let go.......

another day clean so another day happy

Posted: January 31, 2015, 8:39 AM
Things have been going slow the last few days.........not sure if its PAWS but just really can't be bothered and have lost motivation.......trying to organise ex with a new job.........had a day or two off work........can't go back down that road........nightshift tonight......catching up with friends and going to my meetings.......really wish my ex would help but I guess he feels if he does nothing it will result in more time living together.......he certainly knows I will never get back with him and we are getting on ok......I'm just tired and want to hide away for a while by myself but know thats not a good idea.......I hope this gets better soon......still haven't reached out to the lady who I think will be good to be as my sponsor........really need to do this.......trying to be strong for my daughter........

One day at a time.......just keep reminding myself this to shall pass.....

Posted: February 9, 2015, 6:36 PM
The days are flying by........am very busy trying to get the house in order so I can sell it......the ex looks like he now has a job.......have no idea when he starts........we do not have enough money to pay the bills.........I try not stress about it but it does weigh heavely on my mind.........I am finding this process very hard and have even had many thoughts of just taking pills and laying on the couch to zone out........but where is that going to get me.......nowhere........trying hard to keep my thoughts from running off to dark places.......am just finding it hard to do this without the help of the ex........am so looking forward to being in my own place.........i am now at the stage where I have started shaking because I feel so overwhelmed.......the lady I wanted as my sponsor will only sponsor AA people not NA people so that has been a big disapointment.........I am so tired.......but I will not pick up that first pill.......if I do then I'm finished

Posted: February 14, 2015, 3:41 PM
Alot going on at the moment..........had a wonderful friend come over yesterday and helped me to organise my house..... got rid of quite alot of crap and she really did some changes to the house which now make it look much more spacious and open.....spent most of the day with me and i coulden't be more grateful.......took her and her kids out for dinner to thank her.......ex has been working hard at his new job.....and so he should.........am really starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel...........have decided to hit some NA meetings as I really need to get a sponsor........have been praying quite alot and it seems to be working.........feel so much more at peace.........have been doing alot of reserch on real estate agents and doing my home work.........am just about to finish a night shift.....had to have Friday afternoon shift off as I had a thumping headache.....hate taking time off work....but need to look after myself......doctor visit yesterday and have lost another two kg.....not good....I am 10kg under my correct weight for my height........need to eat more.....still smoking ciggs which dose not help........one thing at a time.......one day at a time..........

Posted: February 16, 2015, 8:45 PM
Feeling very flat, lonely and a little heartbroken today........for the last three months I have been catching up with a lovely man from AA before each meeting to just vent and offload.......there was certanly some sexual chemistry which did not go anywhere and also alot of test flirtation.........he had just finished selling his house which he was living in with his ex and they parted ways......it was quite a toxic hostile environment he was living in.......he is very active in AA and is quite a successful man.......yesterday he has told me he is looking at reconciliating with her and they are now talking things out.......so the catch up meetings have come to an end as are the lovely texts we would send each other...........the only thing I know to do is to take one day at a time and not pick up that first pill..........

Feeling very alone........

Posted: March 22, 2015, 5:57 AM
Well it's been around six months without NP.............have a lot on my plate at the moment......having troubles at my job......am still off work with full pay pending the results of a independent medical assessment.........I don't know if I should just resign......I have been there 8 yrs and really do need a change......I have got a new job and start work tomorrow.......am still trying to get this house ready to sell........have come to a complete stop with this.......just feel completely overwhelmed at the moment........my head feels all over the place........feel stressed and pissed off........just want to find a dark warm hole and go and lay there for a while..........I will not be able to get to any meetings this week as I will be at work........still am feeling completely alone since my AA friend pulled the pin on our close friendship......we are still friends.......but it's not the same........I am so bloody tired.......I am tired of trying.......I just feel like the more u try the harder u get kicked in the teeth.........am really not enjoying this pity party.........

Posted: April 13, 2015, 6:56 PM
Well life has been s*** for me and unfortunately seven months down the track I have had a couple of slip and busts..........not proud I can tell u that........my AA friend stabbed me in the back on my birthday of all days and I am still going through the ringer at work.........I hate myself right now.........managed to pull myself back up and am back on track........a great friend of mine has been coming around and helping me get my house in order to sell........I really don't know what else to say.........I really wanted to pretend that my slip and busts did not happen but I would only be kidding myself.........feel as low as a dogs belly right now and extremely hurt by what my AA friend did to me..........

Posted: April 15, 2015, 2:12 PM
Well here is were I put how I'm really feeling...........scared out of my mind...........these people from the nursing council what pathology taking to find out if I'm taking drugs........i certainly have not been taking anything a legal..........but still I may have the NP in my system and then I also ended up taking some of my husbands lyrica........God knows why I did that.......I guess my addictive mind took over..........I have also been prescribed alepam..........which is part of the benzo group...........so I'm a bloody hot mess right now.........and the board want pathology..............f*** I feel like I have screwed myself..........I have stopped taking the
Seroquel I was prescribed................so no right now I'm not doing so well at all........my big fear is that my boss from work may be reading what I have been writing...........I know she can not use it against me as this is a confidential site and she most certainly could try and use this as evidence.........I don't know how this whole site works.......moderators maybe you could help me if u have any knowledge on this or if anyone on the site has any information.......
Does anyone know how long medication stayes in you system?.............God I feel like everything is falling apart...........I myself feel like a failure.........I was doing so well and people were saying I was an inspiration..........well I guess that's not the case anymore..........I can't worry about that now...........need to get my head together so I can deal with this letter that I will pick up in 6 hrs........please guys keep m in your prayers.........

Posted: April 29, 2015, 8:14 PM
well today I feel pretty good.......no more NP and still off the serequel and also the benzo's......am still dealing with work issues and am fighting like hell to get back to work.......the selling of the house is on hold at the moment until this work crap gets sorted out.......I will have to say though its a rainy day out....the house is clean.......and the thought of just taking a handful of NP and lying on the couch catching up on all my shows has crossed my mind........stinking thinking I know but I'm just being honest.......its not going to happen ........I refuse to end back up in HELL......