post replypost new topic
Codeine Addiction

Posted: September 9, 2017, 9:13 AM
Hi, I'm a 31 year old mother of 3. I have been addicted to nurofen plus for the past 13 years. Up until 3 or 4 years ago I also stared using panadeine extra. You are not supposed to be taking them together , but I have. I'm not sure on the exact number of pills I'm taking each day . It can differ from 30 - 45 . Nobody knows about this whole addiction , i have kept it to my self this whole time. I need to quit this addiction , not sure how. My day isn't a normal day if it haven't taken at least 15 before 11 , a combo of nurofen plus and panadeine extra.

I need to taper down gradually as I need to still function like an everyday mother would.

Any advice or plan I could use .

Thanks for any kind of help

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:04 PM
start tapering off - one med at a time - taper off one and then the other. Do much research on the meds, their side effects and withdrawal so you know what to expect and you understand why you are experiencing the side effects/wd... Start researching out patient therapy/services in your area, or a different city if you want a bit of privacy. Figure out a plan for exercise, vitamins, supplements, start boosting that up while tapering. Find out over the counter meds needed to get thru wd symptoms. Keep the taper slow - and steady. This can take many months.
Add in therapy as needed. A Naturopathic Dr, alternative medical care. give yourself 6 months to be in a good frame of mind and a year to be off?

Keep reading there lots of info on withdrawal on these message boards!
Good Luck! Let us know what works for you.

post replypost new topic