< prev  post replypost new topic
Rls Months After Opiate/suboxone Withdrawal
Rastgurlz1

Posted: June 30, 2016, 12:36 PM
I was on opiates for r.l.s. for 15 years. I've been on Suboxone for 9 for r.l.s. nothing works for my r.l.s other then narcotics. I have full body severe r.l.s. I've saw 45 doctors in my life. I surrender to it.
Robert reid

Posted: July 11, 2016, 7:58 AM
8 months after quitting and still dealing with sleep problems. Was on sub for over 8 years. .25 mg for nearly 2 years at the end. Everything is great other than sleeping. No problem falling asleep, but wake up about 3 to 4 hours afterwards. Can lye there and then maybe get 2 more hours of heavy dreaming light sleep. So it's enough to function but never in my life have I dealt with being so tired mid day. My doc has given me everything under the sun besides a benzo and nothing helps. For the first time in 15 years my body is drug free and that is awesome!! So just don't want to go the benzo route. Melatonin doesn't really do anything. GABA upsets my stomach. It's 4am and wide awake. Sucks!

Posted: July 11, 2016, 8:27 AM
Are you attending NA meetings ?

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Legal smoker

Posted: August 11, 2016, 3:15 AM
I live in a state where marijuana is legal medically & recreationally for anyone over 21 years of age. I have been an opioid addict for over 15 years off and on. Concentrated cannibis or hash oil, dabs,wax,rosin.... Whatever works incredibly well for me for insomnia and rls which is persistent and intense for me up to 4-6 months after an opiate withdrawal. While I know that for some people this won't work because they don't want to be around "drugs or druggies" where I live you just walk in and buy it just like anything else so it doesn't seem so illicit. If you can't do that where you live I'm sure you can figure it out. And say whatever you want but marijuana has never had anything but a positive effect on my life or anyone I know really. Of course people have gone to jail,not a positive experience; but that is the fault of a messed up medical/political/criminal "justice" systems that are warped into believing that they are doing something positive by profiting off of others' personal life decisions. Not the fault of the most medically beneficial plant in the world. Even the national institute on drug abuse agrees https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...ijuana-medicine
Hopefully this helps someone stay off opiates. Good luck!
Littleones

Posted: November 24, 2016, 2:51 AM
Small amount of marijuana did the trick for me.
Jay

Posted: June 4, 2017, 8:30 AM
I do opiates for about 3-6 months out of the year and then I get mad at myself and stop. Then I forget the harm it did to me and start again 6 months later.....I have kept logs of what I took for the last 3 withdraws.

This last withdraw I started working out after the first day that I get sleep, usually day 3 or 4 for me. I do a "light" workout.

3x Times a week:
3x5 squat 135lbs
3x5 bench 135lbs
3x5 pull-up

*Beware if you are older you will not recover as fast as you used to, especially if you're withdrawing.* If you are older nothing wrong with doing:
20 pushups
50-100 no weight squats
25 curls
The key is that it challenges you a little bit.

I workout a lot when I'm not on opiates, so change the weights to your fitness level.
This is why I think I don't get RLS so bad that it keeps me up. This is the only different between the 3 logs I kept. Yes, I still get RLS, but it is not enough to get me out of bed. The previous 2 withdraw logs I did not workout immediately and had RLS from hell.

I have kept logs of my actions for the last 3 withdraws. The differentiating factor for the last withdraw was the workouts. This last withdraw went much smoother than the other two that I logged.
Becky L

Posted: June 20, 2017, 8:50 AM
I can relate to the RLS. I can handle the rest of the withdrawals symptoms but the RLS is the worst. Becca's of my opiate addiction nobody wants to give me Valium which had been the only thing that has helped. I've been on gabapentin for years for pain so it doesn't work for my RLS. I'm also on ropinirole. Any suggestions?

Posted: June 21, 2017, 11:06 PM
@Becky

How long have you been going through wd? Is it PAWS that you are dealing with right now?
Hodo

Posted: July 10, 2017, 6:16 AM
After about 2 days of not having suboxone I get severe rls. Happens every time . Hell thats why I'm awake now . It's 6 am :(
Poppy

Posted: July 17, 2017, 5:05 PM
I dont know if this works for everyone, but when I was in withdrawal and had RLS I rubbed Vicks vapor rub all over my legs, you have to put it on heavy enough to feel the menthol burn on your legs. I dont know if its the counter irritant or what, but it stopped RLS in its tracks. The smell lingers forever, but I dont mind it so that wasnt a problem. Like I said, dont know if it works for everyone, it worked for me. Also heard that Icy Hot does the same thing

Posted: August 10, 2017, 6:49 PM
I tried getting off Sub strps after 3 months. A month long tapering and I got off at 2 mg. Really bad withdrawal . I went right back on and started a week long taper starting at 2 mg. Today is 7 days off and I finally feel pretty normal. The only symptoms I had this time was dry sweats and minor restless legs. I am very cautiously optimistic that the worse is over

Shaughnna
John brown

Posted: December 29, 2017, 7:28 PM
15 years out of a 30 year heroin addiction and still suffer RLS Pramipexole and Gabapentin help but it can still be a problem .
Steve

Posted: September 19, 2018, 1:21 AM
I shot dope for 2 years.

I just got out of rehab. I was there for 10 months. In 8 days i have 1 year clean. I do not take subs. I did everything without another drug.

356 days off h, and i still find my foot swinging back n forth randomly. Not every single day but some nights just laying in my bed watching a movie, ill notice my foot going.

I sleep fine on my own even if i dont take a traz. It did take months to sleep all thru the night.

As for the rls even after all this time. I think its somethinh that either will take much more time or never go away. We screwed our brains up. Its going to take a lot of time to heal. They do sell OTC stuff for rls but i never tried anything but that is an option.

Best of luck
post replypost new topic