< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper
Randomperson

Posted: February 15, 2019, 3:52 PM
Hi overfifty I just wanted to pop on here and say I hope you had a nice Valentine’s Day! I worked and then went to CR but it was nice. I hope your youngest granddaughter had fun at her first sleepover!🙂 I remember my daughters first sleepover at a friends house up the street from us......I ended up having to pick her up at 10pm because she couldn’t sleep. She was 4 1/2 too young I guess. She tried again the following year and spent the whole night. Ever since she has been ok with sleepovers. Anyway it’s been really cold here too and very wet! We need the rain but honestly I’m sooooo sick of it! Enough already!🤪. I think it’s great that you love to cook and make meals for the week on weekends. I wish I could do that but I’m usually too busy. I’m still Methadone free and pretty much am back to my normal self before ever taking it. So glad to be free from that and the stigma attached to it. Well that’s about it I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I’ll check back soon.💕

To itspossible, Mojo, needhelp. Marykat and George I hope you are all doing well and had a nice Valentine’s Day❤️ Thinking of you all. Pop in when can.🙂. Peace.

Posted: February 16, 2019, 8:33 PM
Randomperson so glad to hear you are doing well. This week marked 3 1/2 years off methadone and I feel great and alive. Jesus is amazing and my driving force to tell everyone about Him!!!

I hope everyone is doing great..
Randomperson

Posted: February 19, 2019, 10:20 AM
Hi Mojo it’s good to hear from you. Congratulations on your 3 1/2 years! That is so great ........you must be so proud.😁💕 It just drives home the point that you can get off and stay off! You really are an inspiration. Have a great week and check in from time to time. Peace and blessings 🙂💜

Posted: February 22, 2019, 10:48 AM
alo1455 / Alex,

We started a new thread for you called "Alex Starting Taper," so your journey won't get lost or overlooked. Go to the Methadone Board and you will see the thread listed there.

We wish you well on your journey,

The Moderators
Overfifty55

Posted: February 26, 2019, 1:02 PM
Good morning:). Well we got a bunch of snow that paralyzed the city. Plus we had the added bonus of having the power out during this freezing snap. I’m at my daughters house and yesterday without power was interesting. The roads were all icy so we couldn’t leave until later in the afternoon. My daughter braved the elements and went and charged our electronics at her dads house. Everyone handled not having hot food and went to bed early. The power came back on at 11 last night. I was so happy to have coffee and my iPad this morning. We are getting more snow later this afternoon and the temperatures are below freezing. I’m anxiously awaiting the melting of the snow. Anyways how are you doing randomperson? Are you experiencing extreme weather too? The girls and I are making sugar cookies today. They will decorate them up when they are done baking. I’m doing good, methadone free and master cookie baker lol. Have a beautiful week..........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 4, 2019, 11:37 AM
Brrrrrrrrrr it’s 20 outside and there’s still snow on the ground. After a week of the kids home they are going to school this morning. 😀. They were getting pretty bored staying home. Good morning randomperson:). How are you doing today? I’m doing good and still methadone free. The time is flying by and I’m getting spring fever I think.. although it’s cold outside the sun is shining bright. It sure brightens my mood 🌝. Speaking of moods mine has been consistently even. It’s nice to be centered daily and in a good space. well not much to say so I’m gonna go............peace
Randomperson

Posted: March 5, 2019, 12:13 AM
Hi overfifty it’s good to hear from you! I can’t believe you’ve got so much snow! We don’t get snow here in the Bay Area but it sure has been raining........A LOT!! I’m so sick of the rain and sooo ready for spring and some sunshine!🙂. I’m sorry that your power went out. It’s hard to be without power these days.........we’re pretty spoiled by it! So if your granddaughters didn’t have school for a week do they still get spring break? Just curious. I’m glad you’re doing well and that you got some sunshine ☀️😁 I forgot what it’s like we’ve been without it so long......ugg. Lol. Aside from the practically constant rain I’ve been pretty good and still Methadone free🙂. Just bumping along working and keeping busy with my daughter’s school work and all the birthday parties etc. Anyway speaking of homework I better go..........we’re dealing with adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators.........fun stuff!🤪. Have a great week and I’ll check back soon. Peace and blessings
Overfifty55

Posted: March 9, 2019, 1:17 PM
Good morning randomperson:) There are little patches of snow here and there. It’s cold but with the sun out I can feel spring in the air. This snow storm showed me how little I’m prepared in case of an emergency if I’m at my house. I need a bug out bag for emergencies. My great input was burning crayons for candles when the power went out. Lol. My daughter had lanterns, strings of lights that were battery operated and candles. Also they had charging stations that would charge your device without power so cool. I want one for my purse so if my phone dies and can charge it in my purse. The girls still will have spring vacation despite being out of school for a week. They just added days at the end so summer starts June 18th. I’m getting ready to go home after a couple weeks at my daughters. I love British shows and my acorn station which is only at my house. My weekend is cooking soup and television. Nothing special but I enjoy it. I’m a low key person who doesn’t need a lot of hoopla. I haven’t been up to much with the bad weather but I’m doing good. Snow makes me feel so isolated that I’m grateful to be at my daughters during the storm. How are you doing? Has the sun peeked out at all? I help my granddaughters with their homework and all I have to say is 4th grade math is hard. Lol. They have a completely different way of doing it than when I was in school. I’m learning a lot too. I’ve been seeing a new counselor and I’m not sure if it’s a good fit. I need some direction and a counselor that is full of new ideas. I feel like it’s the same old stuff just recycled to seem different. I don’t know but I’m giving it a chance.im thinking of utilizing the senior center and taking a class for art. Maybe cooking if there’s an Asian class. Always wanted to do that. I’ve really been troubleshooting things that I can do to connect with people more..Volunteering at the local food bank is also something that appeals to me. I use to volunteer many years ago before opiates. I’m rediscovering who I am little by little and I like myself. 😀. Well I’m rambling on and I’m needing to get ready to go shopping. Have a wonderful weekend.........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: March 13, 2019, 6:07 PM
Good afternoon 😃. The sun is out and it’s a nice day. It sure improves the mood. Hi randomperson I hope the rain has stopped for you. Yesterday it rained and I had to wear rubber boots. I’m grateful for the Nice weather today. My youngest granddaughter is starting to do math in kindergarten. It’s new and exciting. Their school decided to do away with half days and no school days to make up the snow days. Now they are getting out June14th. It works for me. We don’t have a lot to do for family fun here. Just got word we are getting a state of the art bowling alley and fun center at our mall. It’s gonna be huge. Im really excited to have something new for the girls. Im a big kid too and enjoy participating when it’s possible. I don’t do zip lines lol or jumping in pits with balls or trampolines. Bowling sounds nice. I hope your enjoying your day. The girls are gonna be home soon so gotta go.................peace
Randomperson

Posted: March 14, 2019, 10:26 AM
Good morning overfifty I hope you’re doing well. Yes we finally got some sun yesterday and it’s supposed to be sunny today! So yay.😁 Unfortunately it’s supposed to rain again Sunday😩. I am looking forward to Summer and hiking, swimming, Six Fags etc. I guess we’re lucky that there is a ton of family things to do. We’re only about 40 minutes from San Francisco. But it’s not cheap to live here so I have to budget carefully. That’s great that you’re getting a bowling alley at your mall. We like to bowl as well although I’m not good at it. Anyway I’m doing pretty good just busy with work and my daughter’s school work. Still Methadone free🙂. I’m getting ready for work so got to go but I’ll check back soon. Have a great weekend!😁 Peace and blessings!

Overfifty55

Posted: March 20, 2019, 9:15 AM
Good morning randomperson:). Happy Spring 💐🌼🌷🌻🌹🌺🌸🌞 I love the flowers that come with spring. Like the seasons changing I am too. I’m well adjusted to life without methadone. In the back of my head I don’t say I wish I had methadone. I don’t even remember the feeling of being on it. Enough time has passed for me to change my mindset. I’m so very grateful to be free from it. How are you doing randomperson? Living close to six flags sounds like fun. My granddaughters would love it. We don’t have anything like that here. In fact our roller rink just went out of business sadly. Well I’ve gotta go.......peace
Randomperson

Posted: March 26, 2019, 10:14 AM
Hi overfifty I hope you’re doing well. I have to say our first day of spring sucked and it rained and it’s been raining off and on since. It isn’t supposed to rain today or tomorrow but it rained yesterday and is supposed to rain Wednesday and Thursday!!! OMG I am soo sick of the rain.......ENOUGH already!!!😡. Ok now that I got that off my chest it’s been pretty boring here.......cause of the RAIN!!! We did manage to get to the park one Saturday between the RAIN! Lol can you tell I’ve had enough of the RAIN?? Otherwise doing ok and just really looking forward to the sun and some warmer weather. I feel just like you with the Methadone.......it feels like a distant memory now. I don’t miss it and am so glad to be off. I’m still going to CR and doing the step studies. I really like the people I have met and I love the testimonies. Anyway I sure hope your Spring is off to a better start than ours☀️. Have a great week and I’ll check back soon🙂.
Peace

To itspossible, George, Mojo, needhelp and Marykat.........Hello to you all I hope you’re all doing well......pop in when you have a sec.🙂 XOXO

Overfifty55

Posted: April 2, 2019, 7:31 PM
Good afternoon randomperson:) Well the sun is peaking out between rain showers. The weather is rain and more rain through Monday and it’s only Tuesday ugg.. Not much going on with me. Just plugging along. I’m quite content and enjoying life. Spring break is over and the girls are back to their school routine. They went to the beach and stayed in a hotel. The hotel had a pool which was also a bonus. I would of loved to go to the beach but the animals need caring for. The whole family can’t go together. I’m thinking of taking the oldest with me to Palm Springs for a couple of days next year. It’s a mini vacation and I’m due one. It’s fun to be able to plan things for the future and not worry about methadone. That’s cool that your doing CR and enjoy it. The testimonies are quite something. It makes you appreciate each day more. With all the focus on opiates I sometimes can’t believe I beat it. I’m not physically addicted anymore. I say physically because that’s what kept me sick. I was always worried about the withdrawals. Now I say it’s in the rear view mirror. Do you ever feel like that? My show Call the Midwife is on PBS which I really enjoy. I do find I enjoy tv a lot. I watch cooking shows too and love to try new recipes. I’m always trying something new with keto recipes. I’ve been so tongue tied and don’t know what to post. So I’m rambling......Have a wonderful week........peace
Randomperson

Posted: April 14, 2019, 9:35 PM
Hi overfifty I hope you had a nice weekend. It has been sunny and nice the past 3 days (although windy today) but it's supposed to rain tomorrow...........sigh :-(. What can you do? It sounds like your grand kids had fun at the beach and I think it's a great idea that you take them on a mini vacation to Palm Springs.........I'm sure they and you would love it!! My daughter doesn't get spring break until the 19th. They are off on Good Friday through the following week and go back on the 27th. Not sure why everyone else got spring break so early. When I was a kid it was Easter vacation and I thought it still tied into Easter.......I guess not anymore. One more thing the secularist took. I sure hope they're happy!! Anyway it sounds like you're doing good on your diet and really sticking to it which is so great. I'm so proud of you! We both have a lot to be proud of. Sometimes It's hard to believe that I actually took methadone for so long and just as hard to believe that I got off!! I sure do not miss it! I will say that the more time that passes the more I just don't think about it. But I don't want to forget......I don't want to forget the misery of feeling trapped on it or the fear of coming off of it or even the stress of tapering and my jump because I don't ever want to be in that place again!! Anyway next Sunday is Easter a happy day! A day when our Savior defeated death!! So methadone is small potatoes my friend. I hope you have a wonderful week and I will try to check back in before Easter. If I don't I wish you and your family and everyone reading a Happy Easter!!! Peace and Blessings!<3

Posted: April 20, 2019, 10:56 PM
Hey just checking in I hope everyone is having a great year, I can't believe it's almost summer. I wanted to share that I had foot surgery 3 weeks ago and I didn't have to take any pain medication. That was such a great relief to me as this August I am completing my 4th year off methadone and opioids in general. God is so great that the surgery and recovery has gone very well.

Please know if you have a prayer request just post it and I will be in prayer for you.
Randomperson

Posted: April 21, 2019, 12:50 PM
That’s great Mojo! That must of been such a relief. Praise God! I can’t believe you’re coming up on 4 years......incredible! I can always use prayer. Anyway I’m very happy for you.😁👏. I want to wish you and everyone else here a Happy Easter 🐣🐰. Our Lord is risen!!🙏🎉😁. Enjoy this day with your family and friends and be thankful you have them!!❤️ Peace and blessings to you all 💕❤️.
Randomperson

Posted: May 11, 2019, 5:08 PM
Wow no ones been on here in a while. What’s up? How are you overfifty? It’s been a while! Are you still on that keto diet? I hope all is well with you. It appears as though this thread has ran its course.😢 Just wanted to pop on here and wish you a Happy Mother’s Day!💕🙂💐🍰

Also I hope all the moms on here have a great Mother’s Day! Being a mom is hard work so do something special for yourselves.🌹💕🙂

Take care and God bless.🙂. -Random
Overfifty55

Posted: May 15, 2019, 7:55 AM
Hi, Been super busy and didn’t realize so much time has passed. Lol I’m still doing the keto and have great success. Life is good. Happy mother’s day to you too. Peace
Overfifty55

Posted: May 16, 2019, 10:10 AM
After reading my post I felt it was too short and I didn’t even say hi to you randomperson:). I’m doing good and methadone free. I really don’t think about it anymore. Because of this my posts are going to be longer between posts. I consider this a healthy sign for me.
Overfifty55

Posted: June 9, 2019, 8:04 AM
Woke up super early and have had my coffee. Doing good and still methadone free. This is an ongoing testimony of my life free from methadone. The more time under my belt the less frequently I seem to post. I don’t have a lot to say and that’s okay. I’m looking in the rear view mirror and my drug use is behind me. I’m definitely someone who follows what I believe in. I’m not a group mentality sort of person. I believe we are all unique beings. So everyone have a great day and ✌️.
post replypost new topic