< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Daily Check In

Posted: July 9, 2014, 8:22 AM
Thanks Kat!

It was another great sober day for me, but not for my boyfriend. A couple of weeks ago we got a new car one we he had to take a loan out for. That meant we had to pay an extra payment which we cannot afford. So he had to sell his race car. Not like NASCAR, it was an old Volkswagon but one he loved. He's had this car for 8 or 9 years. He was sad:(. So we hung out at the house and watched Fight Club(that's ok i make him watch Sex in the City)and went to bed early. We also have a truck and cannot afford car insurance on 3 cars. I don't know if iv'e ever mentioned that he is 10 years younger then me, he is 28 and i'm 38. I think he's starting to grow up lol.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 8:23 AM
Another great sober day! My morning has been crazy because i got a new Cappuccino maker and trying to make my coffee was a joke. Took me 3 tries to figure this thing out lol.

Posted: July 11, 2014, 8:40 AM
Another great sober day! Thursday is my home group meeting and it's an all women's meeting. I love love love this meeting. It is also when the girls in treatment get to go to their first meeting. I think it is so awesome to see the hope in these girls faces of how it could be if they stay sober.

Posted: July 13, 2014, 9:36 AM
Been a great sober weekend so far. I took my little boy to a safety fair. They all kinds of fun things for kids to do and learn safety. He got to get in a fire truck, am ambulance, a mobile command center, and a mini house that they made a into a smoke house to teach kids what to do in a fire. This is something i would have never done while using because their were cops everywhere. My son would have missed out cause it was awesome. And we got a huge bag of free stuff like first aid kits, and survival kits. My son and nephew were even on the news!

If you want to see a picture of them go to:www.wlky.com/news/safety-fair-held-saturday-at-louisville-church/26926172#!bd5TS7

My little boy is the one on the left and the other little boy is my nephew. I have no idea how to copy a url sorry.

I am so glad i get to do things like this with my little boy! He's a joy!

Posted: July 14, 2014, 8:54 AM
Another great sober day! I got to spend time with my niece yesterday at a family get together. This is brother who passed away little girl. What a special day:)

Posted: July 15, 2014, 9:14 AM
Another great sober day! Pretty boring but i'm ok with that. Went to a meeting and then the gym. Sleep like like a log ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol. Have a great sober day everyone.

Posted: July 16, 2014, 8:57 AM
Another great sober day! Yesterday my family went to Kentucky Kingdom. It's a big amusement park with a water park as well. It was a lot of fun. We were there from open to close and today i am beat! This again is something i would not have done while using because i would have had to get high at some point just to be able to walk the 12 hours we spent there. Not to mention the amount of money we spent. It was a fun day! So today i'm curling up with a good book hell might even take a nap who knows? I miss naps lol.

Posted: July 17, 2014, 8:56 AM
Another great sober day! My book was a page turner, and i did drag my butt to the gym to walk a hour on the tread mill.

Posted: July 17, 2014, 10:22 AM
better chunky then a junkie. I love that! I have a son who is in rehab right now. He keeps complaining about how fat he is getting. He was so strung out on heroin that he could have blown away in the wind. I love how he looks. I have to share that with him.
I'm sorry about your brother. Thanks for reaching out and sharing that on my post. I read through your comments. 2 years sober is good times. I love the visuals I get of your son watching fireworks and you and your bf watching fight club and or sex in the city. You can feel your spirit through the screen. Enjoy your sober day~

Keep coming back.

Much love and respect,
justjane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: July 18, 2014, 9:08 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words Jane!

Another great sober day! For those of you who read this and are not in the rooms of NA/AA very often, i wish you could feel the way it feels to leave a good meeting. One where your heart is lifted and you feel all this joy. Sometimes when people speak it's like they step into your mind for just a few minutes and say exactly how you feel, but don't know how to say it. Amazing i tell ya! Yesterday was my home group meeting and i saw 27 girls(woman's meeting) get 24 hour tokens. Man ol man i had a smile on my face all day long thinking about the hope these girls had in their eyes. I remember being able to leave treatment to go to my first meeting, i felt like s***, but i saw a women get a 16 year token and i knew if that woman could do it i could too. Hope is a beautiful thing guys. I hope everyone has a great sober day.

Posted: July 19, 2014, 9:25 AM
Another great sober day! Didn't do much really hug out at the house all day. Friday nights are me and my son's movie night so we pick a movie, usually something on Netflix and veg out on the living room floor, eat snacks and play tickle or pillow fights.:) It sure is awesome to be a good mom. The weather is awesome where i live it's been in the 80's all week, but it's also been cloudy and dreary. Makes me want to curl up with books all day. I love to read most anything but westerns I just don't find them interesting. Lately I have been on a Nickloas Spark spree, but hey I am a girl and his books tug at my heart strings. James Patterson is my favorite author. And I do not like peas, YUCK! lol have a great day my sober cyber friends, i know i will.:)

Posted: July 20, 2014, 9:00 AM
Another great sober day! If you like meditation, the new one from Oprah & Deepak starts on August the 11th(I think) It's still free and you don't have to download anything just sign up with e-mail.

Posted: July 21, 2014, 8:59 AM
Another great sober day! I made a new sober friend yesterday who lives across the street and has two boys close to my sons age. I'd talked to her before and was scared to go knock on her door when we really got to talk, we talked for like 4 hours! She goes to a different meeting place but we are both going to a meeting together this week.:) Good stuff.

Posted: July 22, 2014, 8:44 AM
Another great sober day! I just the beegee's scared out of me this morning. I thought someone was trying to break in my kitchen window, turns out it just a baby bird stuck between the screen and the window. I kept hearing all this tapping on the window. Mind you i am in the middle of morning mediation so it's really quite here. My heart is still beating fast. I got the bird out fine just scared the crap out of me! Didn't do to much yesterday, went to the splash park with my son, but the water was off so he played at the park for awhile. I went to the gym and then a late meeting. Made some fish taco's and watched Under the Dome. Hey what about the 105 year old lady who threw that pitch at the Padres game! Awesome! She did better then 50 cent Ha Ha Ha!

Posted: July 22, 2014, 3:24 PM
just finished a 3 mo. binge and am now 36 hours off of a 3 day suboxone cycle and cannot for the life of me get over the mental urge to just get a little bit of relief. Sadly enough, I scored again. Trying to fight the urge to take it, because I know how weak I will be once I get the first taste. Sigh.

Posted: July 23, 2014, 9:18 AM
Another great sober day! Was pretty boring. Hope we get some rain so it cools off. My son is learning how to play Connect 4 like a champ, even plans moves ahead of mine. He's getting so smart. We are on the countdown to when school starts back, or at least i am. He gets very excited to be able to get new school supplies! He wears a uniform to school so not a lot of excitement there lol. Last year one of his personal goals was to get perfect attendance and he made it, got the award. This year he wants to do the same. I'm sure if i had been using he would have been late a day or 2 or maybe i would have been to dope sick to care to get up out of the bed. I'm glad he don't have to suffer cause of my addiction any longer. He's a great kid!

Posted: July 24, 2014, 8:35 AM
Another great sober day! How about a funny joke today, since i don't have a lot to say.

"Jeopardy was invented by a drug addict. Who else starts out with all the answers and no questions?" Ha Ha

Posted: July 25, 2014, 8:31 AM
Another great sober day! Went to my home group always a good meeting. Got my hair cut, oh yes normally not something to talk about, but i got 6 inches cut off! I have always loved my long hair an it was very long. I chop it off to my shoulders. It feels so light and fluffy now. Other then that not a lot going on.

Posted: July 25, 2014, 1:35 PM
Jessica it amazes me through my experience how simple it all works--1987 my first rehab the usual crap as I did not want to be there--had to- but one counselor liked me--told me to get a journal-she liked corvettes and was quite attractive so I put that seed in my sick mind not knowing 6 months + later was my truly worst bottom--and I remembered the journal suggestion

as I relapsed the minute I left but going forward YEP second rehab/into halfway house had to be suggested but JOURNAL it was--suggested or told do it boy

Just wanted to tell you I am really proud what ur writing -its good stuff--you should be proud of u cause one person just might understand besides you how cool a journal is.

Have a great weekend Jess-You are special
-Jeffrey

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: July 26, 2014, 7:50 AM
Thanks Jeffery, but i'm really no more special then you are! Wink wink. I started the daily for people to check in from time to time. I just seem to be the only one who uses it, but that's ok. But for those of you reading you should know that everyone can post here, about your day or life, or recovery, just whatever. Check in people!

Another great sober day! Friday's are movie night so that's what I did. Went to the park during the day. 18 more days till school starts for my little guy. He's going to be in the second grade. I am in a hurry this morning so i have to keep this short. Have a great sober day!
post replypost new topic