< prev  post replypost new topic
Suboxone. Withdrawl. Taper. Fed Up. Done.

Posted: December 27, 2016, 3:28 AM
Wow I am really happy for you. I'm four weeks without Suboxone and I'm still in so much pain I haven't slept my legs are killing me I don't even know

This post has been edited by Theperfectshitstorm on December 27, 2016, 3:30 AM
HighThere

Posted: January 8, 2017, 12:41 PM
It gets better. Attitude is a big part of it! Hope you're doing good still. It gets better. It really does.
HighThere

Posted: February 18, 2017, 7:34 PM
Update: relapsed. Just kidding. Over 100 days in. Been straight sober for the most part. Slight depression. On and off. No motivation when I get off work. Physically I'm in aches and pains every day. Mainly upper body pain. But life is good. All the pain is nothing like withdrawal pain. Which I will never put myself through again. Things are getting better each day. Better quality of life. Not thinking about getting high every 5 minutes. Just figured I'd update since it's been a while. Haven't been going to NA lately. Don't need to. Don't believe in the 12 steps. Just liked being around people who understand. 12 steps tells me I will relapse. That's where they're wrong.. Good luck to anyone quitting!

Posted: February 20, 2017, 9:09 PM
Hi, I've just posted my story... it may help you quit.. it worked for me.. It's a brand new post entitled.."Quitting After Almost 6 Years On Suboxone" .
Blessings
Tracy Anderson

Posted: March 5, 2017, 9:02 PM
for aches and pains - try hot bath w Epsom salt - also multi vitamin - or extra magnesium. Soak in hot tub, if available. also try making your own hot pack if needed - small wet towel in ziplock bag - heat in microwave one minute.

Posted: March 7, 2017, 4:43 PM
I am also detoxing from subutex. I was on 12mg I drop to 0.6 tomorrow. I started dropping 2mgs every 2 weeks, got to 2mgs and I started dropping 0.4 every 2 weeks. Got to 1.2 and they changed my meds from subutex to temgesic, basically the same or so I am told, but really has made things harder. I actually didn't feel that bad coming down off the subutex but since swapping I am really starting to feel it. I haven't used for 4 years, and I feel it's time to come off this now, my fiance completed his detox 6 months ago. I am not rolling around in bits, I just have no energy and feel genuinely like s***. I have completed a methadone detox (was on 100mls) years ago but I wasn't ready then so it didn't work I am now. Just another 2 weeks and I am done 1 week at 0.4 and a week at 0.2. just need to get it done. To anybody doing this it ain't easy but it will be worth it. Good luck to you all
HighThere

Posted: May 5, 2017, 10:37 AM
Coming up on 6 months. It gets better. Life in general gets better. It's easier when you keep your mind and body busy. Good mood came back. Bad days are few and far between now. Just wanted to update everyone!
HighThere

Posted: September 9, 2017, 11:48 PM
Laura how you doing? It's 10 months to the day here and it feels good. Not great but good. Lifestyle changes. Loss of friends. But it's all good because you may feel like I have been lately. Things have been turning around. Focused on the future. Got a promotion. Life is good. Hope everyone has the strength to get through the lows. And they are. Deep lows. Stay positive!

Posted: September 10, 2017, 10:55 AM
Hi, there! Congratulations on biting this devil! You probably won't sign on until a few months later but I'll post here anyway. I have a question for you. Did you have anxiety and panic atacks after you stopped? I'm currently tapering off suboxone and the worst part for me are those panic atacks and very very huge anxiety.
itspossible

Posted: September 10, 2017, 1:22 PM
@svetochek,
I was on methadone but I had huge anxiety also.. L-tyrosine helped me with that..Its about $6 a bottle at Wal-Mart etc..I took it every morning and and it seemed to help me..Good luck to you..

Posted: September 10, 2017, 6:03 PM
Thank you very much for your advice. I actually have been taking it but only one capsule in the morning. L-Tyrosine I have is 500 mg dose. Should I take more than 500 mg? Thanks
itspossible

Posted: September 10, 2017, 9:53 PM
I take 2 of those 500mg capsules in the morning..And it seemed to help my nerves after about a week..Ill stay in touch on your thread to see how your getting along..Your a tough guy to stick with a taper {I never could} so I know you will succeed in your goal..
post replypost new topic