next >  post replypost new topic
Daily Check In

Posted: June 20, 2014, 8:23 AM
Where is everyone these days? Been a good day so far for me.

Posted: June 20, 2014, 5:47 PM
Hi Jessica-

Have my eldest crashing on my floor-for a -3 day vacation-loving every minute with her- Think my son/(dog) is having more fun than I am. He is a cool little dog-

glad things are okay by you----Life is pretty darn good my way.

Enjoy your weekend Jessica-

-Jeffrey

This post has been edited by Suboxman on June 20, 2014, 5:47 PM

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: June 21, 2014, 8:37 AM
Hey Jeffery! Oh family time is the best hu? I've been keeping my nephew during the day through the week and it's been a blessing. My son is 7 and he is 8. They are big buddies:). We have a lot of fun. I miss having a dog. My apartment is not really big enough for a big dog and i've always had a big dog. I like it a little rough lol and little dogs are so fragile i get nervous around them.

So i have gained a few pounds and i have been ok with it. My motto was better chunky then a junkie. I am at a strong 137 and i don't think that's bad but i'm not a fan of exercise. So i have started jogging in the morning and i have been doing this for 2 weeks so far. My body is sore but i'm not giving up! That's about all i got. Going to a meeting at noon and i get to do the coffee today so i feel needed, what a good feeling:)

Posted: June 22, 2014, 8:40 AM
Another wonderful day sober!

Posted: June 23, 2014, 9:39 AM
Another great day sober, Sunday's are always my favorite day of the week. 727 days and counting!

Posted: June 24, 2014, 7:14 AM
Another great HOT sober day for me. Seeing my son enjoy the summer is a real blessing. I taught him how to ride his bike without the use of training wheels, so he's having a good time with that, and getting lots of boo boo's. Good thing i am able to be there to give him magic kisses:).

Posted: June 25, 2014, 9:09 AM
Hit an early meeting this morning it was a good one. Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday, because my birthday is tomorrow and i am gonna miss my brother calling me and that hurts. I am doing better after the meeting. I never felt like using i just needed to talk to someone. Those old timers sure do know what life's about. I am grateful for the wisdom they all shared with me.

Posted: June 27, 2014, 8:34 AM
2 years! I sure never thought i'd make it past 2 weeks. I had a great sober day. People would ask me, "well Jessica what have you learned?" I would then respond, first i had to learn how to love myself, shake a few other things around, my sponsor is not my babysitter or second mother lol, my recovery is slower then most and that's ok. I seem to have lots of questions, take suggestions and follow through on them, and many other things that help me stay sober. I truly believe that without the help of the program (12 steps)and the people in it, i wouldn't have made it. But that's just me.

Posted: June 27, 2014, 1:17 PM
Ok so I haven't taken any pills since technically Wednesday . I didn't do much yesterday and today I keep feeling like WD symptoms want to creep up on me but it hasn't completely happened yet if that makes sense. It's a weird feeling but doable. Anyone have any advice to help get through day 2?

Posted: June 28, 2014, 8:31 AM
You are doing great Jessica, 2 yrs WOW thats amazing. Someday I hope to be where you are.
Bec

Posted: June 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
Day 2, well as i remember i was curled up in a ball thinking OMG I JUST CAN"T DO THIS. If left on my own i'm sure i wouldn't have made it. I went to treatment to get clean. You see i lost everything i ever had before i was willing to get clean. I wanted to be out of the handcuffs those pills put on me, but i also didn't want to go through withdraws, i'll tell you what they told me. Get up and get over it! Your gonna have some pain to get to the other side, but it is worth it. If your trying to do this alone(without a support group or counciling ) it's gonna be hard. That's the truth. Who the hell wants to go through the withdraws? Nobody i ever knew, but your gonna have to suck it up. Try to some yoga, go for walks, anything to get out of your head. It;s mental as well and your body is telling you HELP! It gets better, just hang in there.

Thanks Bec! I have a good life today much better then i had when using for sure. I went to a Zumba class this morning and had soooo much fun. Now tomorrow i'll be sore and whinney lol! Later i'm going to a baseball game:) Life is good today!

Posted: June 29, 2014, 8:37 AM
Another great sober day. The baseball game was awesome because i can remember going and leaving. It was my son's first baseball game:) He ate lots of food and got to take home a baseball from the players. It feels good to be able to be a good mom.

Posted: June 30, 2014, 8:43 AM
Another great sober day!

Posted: July 1, 2014, 2:57 PM
Thanks for your positive posting. 2 years!!!! awesome!!!!!

--------------------
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might just find you get what you need :-)

Posted: July 3, 2014, 8:53 AM
Another great sober day! I just got a dehydrator and i have been make deer jerky, and fruit rolls. It's a lot of fun. I also got a gym membership to more Zumba to get fit.

Posted: July 4, 2014, 10:27 AM
Another great sober day. I spent the day swimming and eating at the country club with my boyfriend's parents. It was an awesome day. The firework show was my son's fav! It's the good days that remind me that i have the most fun when sober!

Posted: July 5, 2014, 8:18 AM
Another fun sober day with good food, good friends, and good times! Now it's off to try some zumba again!

Posted: July 7, 2014, 9:42 AM
I had a wonderful weekend. Got a babysitter on Saturday so we got to go out to eat at a really cool place called Hammerheads. I had a Elk burger cooked in duck fat on a pretzel bun with brie cheese and fries cooked in duck fat. OMG It was the best burger iv'e ever had. And then we went to the movies to see Tammy.(funny movie). On Sunday i went to 2 meetings and then went to the gym.

Posted: July 8, 2014, 9:34 AM
Another great sober day!

Posted: July 8, 2014, 3:03 PM
I keep looking for the "like" button.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

post replypost new topic