Lost Another One

Posted: October 27, 2011, 11:41 PM
Today, another parent in my area took her life. This is the third one in as many months. I won't go into details, I don't want to invade anyone's privacy. I just pray for the children and the spouses. I pray for the families who have to go on.

I have thought, in the past, that I did not want to go on. I do not think that way anymore. But, this news, shakes me all the same.

Tonight, I look at my sleeping children, and I am moved at the sight of them. I made these people. I grew them inside of me, gave birth to them and have fed and nurtured them into the little, and big, people that they are today. I brought them into this world, and they need me.

This is a reminder to me. A stern and painful reminder to me. How precious and tender life really is. How much my kids need me, their mother. And I am heart-sick over what I had become, what I almost became and what kind of damage I could have done.

I have to keep moving forward, pushing through. For me, for them and for us. I will not succumb to this lying, stealing, evil disease again. I am forever vigilent.

St Michael the Arch Angel, Pray for us.