post replypost new topic

Posted: October 8, 2017, 11:36 PM
Hi all,

Recently, my son turned the magic 18. I tried to keep expectations low....but, memories of birthdays past flooded my mind. I anticipated that I would not see him but for a brief time. I planned some activity to keep my mind off of his birthday.

It was worse than I imagined. He thought that I was supposed to do something (that was really not in reality-his dad and I are still not sure where he got his thinking was on this). Anyway, he had a complete meltdown that this thing did not happen the way he thought. Flew into a rage, broke his phone, screaming, quit his job, ripped his shirt off-all over something very small and very much not in reality....It just keeps getting worse. Because of all this, he refused to speak to me on his birthday. Or see me. Thud goes my heart, right? I know he is sick; I know I should have anticipated this; I know I need to start detaching even more now....but wow! it hurt still. Alot.

I am trying to stay in the present and, quit honestly, completely block thoughts of him. It is just too painful. Today, I had a good day, focused on anything but this situation. After supper, I got a text, "love you mom". No idea if that was some rare moment of caring or, as is likely, a set up to ask for money tomorrow.

Thanks for listening. A very painful birthday for Mom. But, as I said....Serenity prayer saved me today!! I cannot change this, so have to move on as best I can. I forced myself to stay in the moment today by trying to notice as many details as possible in each moment.

Peace to all.

Posted: October 9, 2017, 7:30 AM
parenting--

It is difficult and you did what was necessary. Keep strong and stay focused on you!
You have my prayers and support always!

(((HUGS)))Lori

Posted: October 9, 2017, 4:02 PM
Sending hugs Parenting!!! I know it is hard . . . . BUT you did good, girl!!! Real good.

Hang in there,
Lynn

--------------------

I forgot to read the fine print, when i signed up to be your Mom. I thought it would be smiles & hugs and quite a lot of fun.

I didn’t see the part about addiction, mental illness, pain, hopelessness or despair. I didn’t know life could be so flipping unfair.

But I now see something in the fine print that I didn’t see before. It also says to survive your addiction, I must love me more.

In Loving Memory of my angel, J. #forever21 #ihateaddiction #foreverloved

Posted: October 9, 2017, 6:27 PM
Dear Parenting...agree wholeheartedly with other responses. One of the happiest days of your life turned into a nightmare. The fact that you had enough strength to make a very hard choice says a lot about the deep love you feel for your son. Hoping for continued strength and peace for you and your family, Libby

Posted: October 9, 2017, 9:18 PM
So sorry such a stressful situation happened. Huggs ! xxooxx !
Wish I had just the right thing to say - I got nothing today.... :)

Posted: October 10, 2017, 12:14 AM
Thanks so much, everyone!

<3 . <3 .
post replypost new topic