post replypost new topic
Angry Letter To Get It Out...

Posted: July 31, 2018, 3:46 PM
A letter to my stepdaughter.  I'm posting it here as it will have no affect to give it to her but have to get it off my chest.

Really?!?  This is the life you want to live?  You want to be a high school drop out, making drug runs to other states, shoot up street signs, and lie/manipulate everyone to your liking?

You don't care about the pain you are causing others.  You don't care about sleepless nights you've caused as we wait for the police to show up at our doorstep, the nauseous belly from the stress and worry, or dread every time your name is brought up in conversation wondering what did you f'up now.  

I'm exhausted trying to keep your dad from spiralling out of control.  I'm exhausted from still finding contraband and stolen items around the house a month after you have left.  I'm exhausted trying to respect and love you when you've done nothing but lie, steal, and twist my own husband against me and his step children.  

I spent years hearing how much better you were than my own children.  You were the smart one.  You were the one who had money for college and a car.  You were the one who was better at soccer.  You were perfection.  Yet you still managed to make your dad/ my husband believe that you were Cinderella and we were the evil step mother and sisters.  You made him believe that you shouldn't have to do chores since its "not your mess" even tho it was.  You made him believe that the girls were lying to get you in trouble so you never had to face a consequence.  You manipulated him to look the other way as you bullied them and then pushed even further to get them in trouble for actions that were yours.

I'm angry.  So very angry.  Until you can come to us, working your 12 steps, and clean your side of the street, then I want nothing to do with you.  This is your choice... your nightmare... your life and I'm done allowing it to control mine.

--------------------
Rahne
I battled my own addiction only to be buried by another's...

Posted: July 31, 2018, 8:07 PM
Nice letter. so sorry you are here in the boards with us... but you've got this! Hold your ground!

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on July 31, 2018, 8:08 PM

Posted: August 7, 2018, 11:36 PM
So sorry you are going through this. I understand all too well. Take care of yourself, and your children.
post replypost new topic