post replypost new topic
Stopping A 20 Day Oxy/norco Binge

Posted: August 30, 2017, 5:10 PM
Hello, I recently relapsed after 8 years of recovery, and I am stopping!! I spent the last 20 days snorting Roxicodone and eating some norcos. I have broken my last 2 norcos in half, and just took the last piece. It's been so long since I've had to go through withdrawal. Can anyone give me an idea what i'm in for, and any positive suggestions?

Posted: August 31, 2017, 1:14 PM
Feeling pretty bad right now. Slept good last night, but withdrawals are here for sure. The worst part is the anxiety and what I call "creepy crawlys"- cringing the joints in my feet and hands. Any advise or positive encouragement would be great! Thanks

Posted: August 31, 2017, 6:03 PM
You've been through this before. You know its going to pass. Stay hydrated, get some gatorade. Chamomile tea will help with the anxiety. Hot baths will help with the restless legs, so will bananas. Good luck, hun. You can do this,

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: September 1, 2017, 8:12 PM
exercise -even if it is walking in place, moving your arms and legs!

Posted: September 4, 2017, 7:20 PM
I caved and took a norco 10 Saturday night. 😤. I wish I wouldn't have done it! I was feeling about as bad as it was gone no to get probably. I don't think it completely reset my withdrawals, but today I'm feeling a little better. Mainly anxiety and some insomnia. It's hard for me to look people in the eye and I know he suspect something is wrong with me. I'm staying strong and relying on god hour by hour. I have to go to work in the morning. Thanks for replying guys. It helps to have you here!!! What's a good natural way to handle anxiety throughout the day? Any suggestion would help. #positive

Posted: September 4, 2017, 7:25 PM
read some of the other boards. others are going thru similar stuff

Posted: September 11, 2017, 11:59 AM
Today is my ninth day!! I am doing very well. I still feel a little drained and irritable sometimes throughout the day, but I feel like myself today! God bless. To those struggling, what helped me the most is diet, vitamins, exercise and Sunlight, but the biggest help was when I went into my home group and told the truth, and reset my sobriety date. We are never alone! Thank you guys for all the positive encouragement.

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:47 PM
Great to hear good news! Thanks for sharing. It will help others to see that you can slip and then get back on the (wagon, horse, track).....

I read on these message boards someone took small amounts of Melatonin during the day for anxiety not enough to make you sleepy. you can buy 1mg and adjust as needed - only take a half or one. test it out when you are not at work or have driving to do. I saw gummy bear melatonin at walmart. that might be easy to bite off a bit.

Tell us what works for you!

Posted: September 14, 2017, 6:44 PM
Hello Johnny, this post is probably a little late but did you know that Gabapentin masks opiate withdrawal. It was astonishing how well it took off the anxiety, but it woks!!

Posted: September 16, 2017, 1:58 PM
Hi Mizholie, do you know a lot about how gabapentin works? I was prescribed that a long time ago while on methadone to get off alprazolam. It didn't work for me but I don't know if gave the proper time it needs to work. My question is, that medication something that has to build up in your system over time? I'm still on alprazolam but I want to be off them it the withdrawal is just too overbearing to handle for me.
post replypost new topic