< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Quitting Smoking Cigarettes
Overfifty55

Posted: October 12, 2017, 1:42 PM
Hi itspossible:) how’s it going today? Just a quick check in.........peace
itspossible

Posted: October 14, 2017, 6:53 AM
Hello overfifty, hope your doing well..Thanks for looking in on me..Im ok considering..
I lost my job a week ago, { nothing I did } just a very depressing situation to be honest.. Especially with the holidays approaching.. I have already sent my resume out and crossing my fingers for something..
you have a good weekend...
Overfifty55

Posted: October 14, 2017, 6:35 PM
Hello itspossible:) I'm sorry about your job. Hoping for a quick response back from your resumes. I am doing well. Feel real bad for your situation. Sending good vibes your way......peace
Overfifty55

Posted: October 16, 2017, 7:56 AM
Good morning itspossible:) Thinking of you today and wishing you well..................peace
itspossible

Posted: October 16, 2017, 2:14 PM
thank you overfifty, I really appreciate it...I'm hoping I will hear something this week..I need it, I have kids that rely on me..
I think you are coming up on a year? That is incredible!!!
I'm wishing us all good luck...

Posted: October 19, 2017, 10:25 PM
How's the smoking coming along itspossible?
Overfifty55

Posted: October 20, 2017, 11:05 AM
Good morning itspossible:). I have been thinking of you wondering how the search is going. Please know your in my thoughts. Sending good vibes............peace
itspossible

Posted: October 20, 2017, 12:49 PM
@needhelp good to hear from you !!! Ive cut my smoking in half, I have not quit yet but that day will come.. How are you feeling?

@overfifty, Thanks for checking in on me, its good to hear from you..I hope you are well..
Nothing yet on my job search, its very disappointing to say the least..Im hopefull that something will turn up soon though..

Posted: October 21, 2017, 10:24 AM
@itspossible

Doing okay, thanks. To be honest though, still a struggle...sobriety that is. Now that I've overcome this, I find the struggle is real with just trying to deal with life. I was not myself..numb for so long due to that drug, I often ask myself..who am I now that I'm clean? I'm better now in so many ways, but it's difficult to remember who I was before I began taking all that stuff. I am doing it, will continue onward and will never go back but I am noticing the weight is becoming more prevalent as time passes. But, I am clean and free from all that stuf and that's something I am grateful for. How are things with you?

This post has been edited by NeedHelp123 on October 21, 2017, 10:51 AM
itspossible

Posted: October 22, 2017, 7:32 AM
@needhelp I know what you mean..I don't have any MAJOR issues, with that said however, I do still have times/days where I struggle with all sorts of minor things that brings on depression,no motivation, lazy a**, frustration, etc..
Like you also, my life is so much better in so many ways but I'm still searching for some direction,like I'm lost and don't know where I'm going in my life..Im doing things that HAVE TO BE DONE, and not doing things that NEED TO BE DONE if that makes any sense..Im surviving, is a good way to put it..
I was on a 2 decade binge before quitting, so theres that..
Life is short and the clock is ticking, ive already waisted so much of it, that's what worries me the most..
Have a great day to all..

Posted: October 22, 2017, 8:53 PM
Hello itspossible, Let me start by saying how Proud of You I am. Your strength at being and staying clean is an inspiration. You should be proud of yourself. Life on Life's terms.. be greatful your alive today and clean today. Some of us don't have that chance. Making meetings? I know for me it takes time and I have to put the work in ya know... acceptance of time lost eh..my journey has not been easy to say the least I'm still struggling when life shows up.but there is absolutely nothing so grand in my life that will ever make me pick up and use. I roll with the Good days and the bad..I do believe all will be well in Time... Stay Strong for Today..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today
Overfifty55

Posted: October 26, 2017, 11:57 AM
Good morning itspossible:). Your doing an amazing job I am very proud of you. You’ve got over a year and almost 3 months off and that’s awesome. How is everything going today? I am thinking of you and doing a check in. Have a beautiful day..........peace
itspossible

Posted: October 26, 2017, 5:24 PM
overfifty--you are so much appreciated that you dont even realize..THANK YOU..
Ive got 1 yr and 3 months coming up in a week..And you are starring down a year,incredible..
I am doing good..Ive got a job interview in the morning and I am cautiously optimistic..Very nervous to say the least..I NEED IT..
itspossible

Posted: October 26, 2017, 5:31 PM
lvg--thank you for checking in..Im really happy to hear from you..Anybody that can get off this stuff is a special person..You have something special inside you and oviously theres a larger plan for your life..

Posted: October 27, 2017, 12:59 PM
Itspossible, I think you are special Getting off this Garbage ughh awful but we did it...hope all is going well with you... Sorry I haven't been around this forum but I see you are doing amazing. Not so much traffic on this site.. you have a bright clean future live it my friend..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today
Overfifty55

Posted: November 1, 2017, 3:06 PM
Good afternoon itspossible:) Doing a quick check in with you. How are things going for you today? Wishing you well on this first of November........peace

Posted: November 1, 2017, 8:08 PM
hello all ive been a member on here it seems like forever.Ive been clean 5 yrs I say Im clean as Ive been in a methadone program & though I will not dscuss that here I will say I feel it has helped me get myself & my life back
Anyways in August (less than 1mth after my 50th BD)I had a brain bloodclot.They put a shunt with coils in the base of my brain & for now Im ok

I am struggling so so bd with cigarettes.I love them & hate them.I was told I MUST quit or I will develop more clots.
You would think that woud be enough to make me stop.Sadly it hasn't.I will do so very good only to grab more when the stress of life gets too much

Any and all advice wil hel.I know knowledge means power so the more I can learn the stronger I may become....I don't want to take Chantix because I have very bad reactions with it.
So please if you can take the time I really could use some input

thank you for any help
MJ
itspossible

Posted: November 2, 2017, 5:19 PM
Hello molyjean, I have not quit smoking yet..I have cut back a lot though..My cigarette habit has been a hard one to break..Im not going to give up though..Good luck to you..
itspossible

Posted: November 2, 2017, 5:27 PM
Hello overfifty, thanks for checking in..I appreciate it..I got myself a job and I have been very busy this past week..Im a little bit tired, I should mention that its a NORMAL TIRED after a long day at work..My spirit has been lifted and I'm grateful..thank you, ill check on you this weekend..
Overfifty55

Posted: November 4, 2017, 10:18 AM
Good morning itspossible:) Congratulations on your new job that is wonderful!! I am so happy for you. I'm doing good no complaints. I'm having a quiet Saturday enjoying my coffee with my cat on my lap.lol How are you today? How's your smoking doing? Before I quit cigarettes I vaped. That helped me quit. I reduced my daily cigarettes over time then switched. It didn't happen over night but with time I quit😆. Have a beautiful day........peace
post replypost new topic