next >  post replypost new topic
Hydro Addiction

Posted: January 26, 2013, 9:19 PM
Hello I have been taking hydro since 2001 I never took them for pain I just took them to feel better and get things done. I think I found them thru a dentist is how I knew about them. There was times when a dr would give script I would never have it filled and sometimes would sell the scrip and wonder how do they take these now I know should have never taken them. I had a tooth pulled and there I go. I have been taking about 15 a day at 10mg/500. I have tapered down to 6 tomorrow I will go to 4 for couple days then jump. I know I can do this and I don't plan on taking anytime from work. (I hope) I have deleted all numbers and thinking about changing my number I have never gotten them from dr only from street never friends no one knows my secret. I just need u guys advise while I do this please been lurking and it's time. Thanks

Posted: January 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
If u have been abusing 10/500 Hydros for 11-12 years I would suggest getting a primary doc to get ur blood--liver enzymes as drinking or not drinking past 2001 ur liver has been given toxic s*** called tylenol----- a lot

Ur playing russian roulette--

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: January 26, 2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for replying guess I should have been clearer on my abuse. The past year it has got to 15 a day before it was maybe 5 a day I'm job is stressful and lots of hours so I started taking more. They no longer make me feel better I just sit when I take them so now I take them to keep from being sick. Thanks for advise I do have insurance and a primary Dr so u think I need to go to him and get liver function tests

Posted: January 27, 2013, 1:28 AM
Just came from the gym did a lil workout. I'm going to go to meetings so I'm going to search online for some as it seems to be the number 1 thing everyone talks about on here. Will be making appt with my dr to see what he recommends but will check with u guys before doing anything. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted on my recovery

Posted: January 27, 2013, 3:00 AM
getting clean,
Welcome to the board. I am glad you have made it here and want to do something about your addiction. Tapering never worked for me. I would get down to two pills and find something/someone to blame to take more. The mind games were overwhelming and I would collapse to them. Getting rid of those people places and things is a great start. Going to NA meetings and being around other recovering people is what helped me the most.
Seek some counseling and/or outside support. The relapse rate is high for those trying to do this alone. Keep the good attitude. There is hope. Let us know how your doing.

Posted: January 27, 2013, 3:12 AM
Thanks for replying its comforts my fears. I have things for the Thomas recipe I have never had withdrawals as I make good money and could always make sure I had some what can I expect on withdrawals I want to just flush the last 15 pills I have left. How can I muster up the strength to do it. I guess just jump and believe in myself?

Posted: January 27, 2013, 3:17 PM
For anyone watching and trying to get help I will keep u updated I have not taken anything today and the mental part is hard. I did get up and cleaned my kitchen and cooked lunch without taking a pill. I was wanting to taper but now I'm thinking of just taking 1at bedtime so I can sleep I just need to stay busy and it gets my mind off of it. Got to go clean so I will update later.

Posted: January 27, 2013, 4:38 PM
Really wanting to take a pill so I'm going to try taking a nap

Posted: January 27, 2013, 8:25 PM
Glad you made it this far. I found taking naps only kept me up throughout the night and alone in my head. The saying is an addict alone is bad company.
Having those pills are going to drive you crazy. Dump them. The withdrawals are something you will go through whether you take one at bedtime or not. There is really no easy way around them. Everytime you take one it is just prolonging the inevitable. Dump them, drink lots of fluids and take some vitamins. I know what you are going through with those mind games. That is why I mentioned NA meetings. It gets you out of your head and into recovery. Getting clean is the easy part. Staying clean is the tough part.
The best thing you can do right now is dump those pills and go to a meeting. NA/AA/PA. It doesn't matter as long as you go, get yourself out of your thoughts and be around others who know what your going through. You can do this. I'm rooting for you.

Posted: January 27, 2013, 9:18 PM
Thanks and I know ur right I took on at 5 I can feel this now and it don't feel good at all and I'm yawning a lot. I will be at Dr office right when they open. Keep rooting for me I will do this

Posted: January 27, 2013, 10:34 PM
On my way to a NA meeting I heard I don't have to talk if I don't want too. Someone called saying they had some I told them no more and to never call me anymore she seemed pissed which is good so maybe she will never call me again.

Posted: January 28, 2013, 12:04 AM
OK back from meeting did not talk to anyone ran out as soon it was over but will go back again tomorrow still only took 1 pill today so I can do this. I'm going to pray and hope I can flush the rest.

Posted: January 28, 2013, 1:20 AM
Hey dawn I flussed them and then wanted to reach and grab them. I have to be honest I did keep 1 how I wish I could flush that 1

Posted: January 28, 2013, 9:24 AM
You're going to through withdrawls no matter what.Some are worse than others but it's part of addiction and everyone at that meeting has been through them.You are on a low enough dose that I doubt it's going to be that debilitating.Just do it.

This post has been edited by Tim on January 28, 2013, 9:24 AM

--------------------
user posted image

"Sometimes the biggest catch will bite you in the a**"

Posted: January 28, 2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks Tim I'm at Dr office right now and it took all I had to get here. It hurts to even type. I went head flussed last one I have to do this. I have a bad headache also. Sleep good last night. I have had 3 people call me and I told them no get rid of them somewhere else they r use to me buying 500 dollars worth at a time. No more!!!

Posted: January 28, 2013, 11:59 PM
Went to dr I have to go every morning for drug test in order for him to help me. He put me on some meds and it is taking the edge off. Do u think I should post what he gave me? Just wondering would hate for someone to try to get these meds on their own and mess up. He was really nice about it all. He has a friend that treats these cases and he called him. The things he has me on I feel ok the pain is not too bad now. Will keep all updated I'm tired he gave me sleeping pill for 7 days then will evaluate after that. I will check back in after my warm bath to ease my legs.

Posted: January 29, 2013, 2:31 AM
gettingclean. You are on the right path. Keep up fighting. I am glad you made it to the meeting. It will get easier when you start seeing the same faces. When you go to your next meeting, let someone know you are a newcomer. Hopefully they will get you some phone numbers for people to call that will help you get through this. You may have to change your number. Dealers are pretty persistent when they lose a customer. And these people are not friends. A friend wouldn't want you to work hard for your money to blow it away and risk dying.
I am glad you let the doctor know what is going on. It really doesn't matter what he is giving you to ease your withdrawals. My hope is it isn't something your going to end up getting addicted to and you will be back in the same boat with a different drug. Sounds like he is keeping an eye on you. Keep tredging forward. It will all click and you will be so much happeir your doing it.

Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hey guys doing great I'm so.much happier and taking no pills at all. U can all do this I promise

Posted: February 17, 2013, 4:03 PM
You can for sure do this! I did 117 days ago and am doing amazingly! I went cold turkey and took some time off work and went to about two meetings a day for my first month. Now I still go to PA, NA and AA once a day. Working my steps and so grateful! You WILL feel better one day but it takes some time. Around 80 days is when I felt emotionally better. Keep us updated and don't pick up a pill no matter what. And get rid of access to any!! An tell all your Drs you're an addict to opiates!

Much love,

Kerry

Posted: February 17, 2013, 4:14 PM
What did he give you to take the edge off?

--------------------
user posted image

"Sometimes the biggest catch will bite you in the a**"
post replypost new topic