< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
My Methadone Withdrawals
itspossible

Posted: August 29, 2017, 10:29 AM
hey lvg...hows things going for you? how are you feeling?..
dave is a tough guy, I'm sure we will hear from him shortly..

Posted: August 29, 2017, 11:40 AM
Have no doubt...I'm doing good for Today. How are you doing these days...

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today
itspossible

Posted: August 29, 2017, 12:07 PM
I'm great, thanks for asking..

Posted: August 29, 2017, 1:19 PM
Day90
11:40am.

Unfortunately shortly after I wrote my last post, my mother went into full cardiac arrest. I got the phone call at midnight Friday evening and was told they were trying to resuscitate her and that it didn't look good. What followed was 5 hours of pandemonium as life flights were scheduled and subsequently cancelled as they desperately tried to get her stable enough to travel . At the same time that all this was happening the hospital's incoming phone lines had some sort of failure and every time you called it was busy. They could call us with updates  but we had no way of reaching them to see how things were going . We were two and a half hours away by car and with them continuing to talk about life lighting her we didn't want to get all the way up there only to find out they had flown her somewhere else. We were forced to stay put, hope for the best, and wait it out.
It was possibly the most emotionally grueling thing that I've ever been through in such a short period of time.
Finally they did life flight her to a large city that had an excellent Heart Center. The new hospital was about 30 minutes away and we raced there to be with her.
When I walked in the Intensive Care Unit and saw her with tubes down her throat, on a ventilator, and pale as a ghost, I really feared for the worst. The room was a blinding mess of various machines whirling and twirling, beeping and blipping. I just stood there, completely stunned, I felt broken...

Over the past 4 days my mother has made a miraculous recovery. It has stunned everyone. She spent one day on the ventilator and then demanded it be removed. The doctors assumed that she had thrown a blood clot from the hip surgery but that has been subsequently ruled out. They're  inclined to believe that it may have been a heart attack triggered by stress. My mother is now fully alert and appears to have suffered no permanent damage. The ICU doctors are not allowing my aunt to visit and I'm in full agreement with that decision.

When we're all doped up on opiates we think the world revolves around us and we say and do things that we may live to regret forever.
I am thankful that I had enough clean time under my belt to shoulder this type of Burden and remain Unbroken. The stress of it all has caused some of the withdrawal symptoms to kick back in but I've powered through. I'm so grateful that I'm clean and can deal with these types of situations without feeling the need to use.
And in closing, I want to say that whether you're a good vibes type person or a praying type person, send something out towards my mother Judy in hopes that she's completely out of the woods soon.
Peace and love,
                       Dave

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Posted: August 29, 2017, 3:48 PM
Aww, Dave sorry to hear about your Mom. prayers are with your family.. enduring all this with fortitude Dave.. be well my friend..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today

Posted: August 30, 2017, 6:11 AM
I am so glad shes ok i bet you didn't think you were this strong going through all that you been through and yes i believe in Jesus without him i probably wouldn't be sober today so i will pray for your mother, keep us updated..
itspossible

Posted: September 4, 2017, 7:06 PM
just thinking about you dave..I hope all is well..

Posted: September 5, 2017, 1:26 PM
I'm still here @itspossible. Still clean, still fighting the good fight. Just overwhelmed with hospital visits and stress. My mom will finally be moving to a rehab center for her hip soon. The Surgeon found a 80-90% blockage in her coronary artery and put in a stent to open it up. She's feeling more energetic than she has in years. She's a tough woman. I can't wait to drive her back to her house when this is finally over.
What a wild ride.
I couldn't have done it while using.

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Posted: September 6, 2017, 6:26 AM
glad to hear shes doing better and that you are still fighting the fight, today is day 85 and i am fighting the fight also some days are tough.. we will keep you and your mom in our prayers.

Posted: September 7, 2017, 11:58 PM
Hello Dave, checking in to see how things are going with you.. hope all is well with your Mom..be well Dave..

--------------------
Stay Strong for Today
itspossible

Posted: September 11, 2017, 11:50 AM
I'm just checking in on you super dave..I hope all is well with you and your mother buddie..

Posted: September 14, 2017, 8:26 PM
Hey Dave, how are we doing? Stress can be a big trigger at this early stage...is something I know all too well. Stay strong, my friend.

Posted: September 25, 2017, 6:52 PM
hey just checking on you, hope everything going ok..

Posted: September 25, 2017, 11:49 PM
How you doing rach? Good I hope.
itspossible

Posted: September 26, 2017, 1:31 PM
hows it going folks?
stumblingjenn

Posted: September 26, 2017, 6:00 PM
Hi all!

Dave - you have really been an inspiration to me, and it seems a lot of other people. I am still on Methadone, but really want to begin the process of detoxing. I am on an insanely high dose so I know it is going to take a while. I am in no rush because I want to do this right, and not get scared and give up. Reading your daily experiences has scared me some, but also made me realize that it is possible. I'm a bit concerned since I see your last post was on 9/5 and not a peep since. I hope you are ok. It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot in addition to your withdrawl, with your mom's surgery and then subsequent cardiac arrest. I hope all is ok. Had I not stumbled upon your posts, I may have just continued pondering detoxing forever and never really gotten serious about beginning the process. Your strength has been amazing. I only hope I can be even half as strong as any of you guys have been. I am terrified because I have a very stressful, high level job that I have worked very hard to attain and I am required to be "on" all the time. I have direct reports that depend on me guiding them and the team. I do have some ability to work from home, but I still have to make weekly appearances at the offices to head up meetings, make presentations and be the liaison with our clients. How will I be able to hide what I am through. I look more like a junkie when I am not on methadone and am in w/d than when I am using. When I was using illicitly, I was somehow always able to maintain and finish college, grad school and climb the proverbial ladder in my career. Don't get me wrong, everything else suffered and even those things too, I was just able to hang on by a thread and do just enough to get by, without drawing attention to myself in public. My private life has been a different story - complete shambles.

Anyway enough of my life story. I just wanted Dave to know how much he has inspired me to get this started already. I am still scared and would love and welcome ANY advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read my novel. I promise not to be so verbose in my next post.

Sincerly- Jenn

Posted: September 26, 2017, 6:57 PM

Hi all!

Dave - you have really been an inspiration to me, and it seems a lot of other people. I am still on Methadone, but really want to begin the process of detoxing. I am on an insanely high dose so I know it is going to take a while. I am in no rush because I want to do this right, and not get scared and give up. Reading your daily experiences has scared me some, but also made me realize that it is possible. I'm a bit concerned since I see your last post was on 9/5 and not a peep since. I hope you are ok. It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot in addition to your withdrawl, with your mom's surgery and then subsequent cardiac arrest. I hope all is ok. Had I not stumbled upon your posts, I may have just continued pondering detoxing forever and never really gotten serious about beginning the process. Your strength has been amazing. I only hope I can be even half as strong as any of you guys have been. I am terrified because I have a very stressful, high level job that I have worked very hard to attain and I am required to be "on" all the time. I have direct reports that depend on me guiding them and the team. I do have some ability to work from home, but I still have to make weekly appearances at the offices to head up meetings, make presentations and be the liaison with our clients. How will I be able to hide what I am through. I look more like a junkie when I am not on methadone and am in w/d than when I am using. When I was using illicitly, I was somehow always able to maintain and finish college, grad school and climb the proverbial ladder in my career. Don't get me wrong, everything else suffered and even those things too, I was just able to hang on by a thread and do just enough to get by, without drawing attention to myself in public. My private life has been a different story - complete shambles.

Anyway enough of my life story. I just wanted Dave to know how much he has inspired me to get this started already. I am still scared and would love and welcome ANY advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read my novel. I promise not to be so verbose in my next post.

Sincerly- Jenn

Posted: September 26, 2017, 7:08 PM
Read posts on this website. make notes on what supplements to take. OTC meds, vitamins, etc. also search online for wd symptoms and suggestions to help them. the slowest taper is better, if you are able to taper. as you are tapering, take the supplements. plan ahead for wd symptoms, and what to take for them. hot bath, hot packs or cold packs. you may want to take some time off for the worst days. wait until you really need to use them.

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:51 AM
Hey itspossible, how's it going? Good to see you're still around man. If there was a fist bump emoji on here, I'd be giving it to ya. Hope all is well.

@stumblingjenn

Welcome to the forum.
You said you're on a high dose right now? What's the dose you're at right now? How long have you been on it? Methadone is an extremely strong opioid agonist and it does its job (keeping withdrawals away) at lower doses. Methadone also has a incredibly long half life. If you wanted to get off of it in the next few years, I would start lowering your dose as soon as you can, but very slowly. If you're on a high dose, it may take a long while to taper down. You have to be all in for this type of experience. You have to fully want off this medication, as well as any type of pleasure receptor affecting drug because after you do this, deciding to take even one pill will undo a lot of progress and will feel like you're back in partial withdrawal for a little while after. This is why many decide to just keep using...after starting to have clean time, taking that pill and feeling better, then feeling really sick again. It's easier to just kee using so you won't feel that sickness again. Once you decide to get off Methadone, you have to be prepared to be in it for the long haul. For me, it was the right time, and the best decision I ever made. I was just ready. Some people are comfortable staying on it. This just wasn't me. Whatever you decide in the future, the best thing you could do is taper down as low as you can.

This post has been edited by NeedHelp123 on September 27, 2017, 9:11 AM
itspossible

Posted: September 27, 2017, 9:52 PM
@needhelp - fist bump back to ya..I see your still doing your thing..when you beat this monster you get buckets of confidence that you can do anything..
I'm very well these days, thanks for asking..I still get tired some and the lazyass..But it just shows up every now and then..
You were a month ahead of me I think,so you should be hitting the 15 month mark shortly?
That's an achievement to be proud of right there..
Im still paching up some of my wrong doings while on that poison..Ive had to realize that I may not be able to fix some of those things,and that's a hard pill to swallow {no pun intented} I can however do something about today,and that's what I'm doing..

As for the above poster , I don't know your doseis but I do know a person that was dropping 320 mgs a day..So, no matter what you think, theres always someone out there that has it worse..If you can taper SLOWLY,over a LONG period of time, you can beat this thing,,Im 100% certain of that..Ive seen it done..And yes "its possible"

have a good night everybody

post replypost new topic