< prev  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper
Overfifty55

Posted: January 25, 2020, 9:10 AM
Good morning:). Almost February time is just flying by. I’m already planning for the warmer weather. Lol. We are having a mild winter so far. I’m rooting for some snow at least one day. I’m doing good and still methadone free. I love the freedom of not relying on fake energy from the methadone. I don’t move slow anymore. Well my daughter would say I’m a slow poke though. My only lasting symptom was moving slow and that’s gone too. It’s amazing what methadone does to you and you don’t even realize it. Let me first say methadone saved me from heroin. I couldn’t have gotten this far without it. Everyone’s journey is different this is just my experience for me. After being on methadone for years I wanted off of it. So I started a taper plan which was filled with many obstacles but I persevered. I faced my fear of coming off of methadone. Now I’m loving life and am very grateful. I’ve been in kind of a funk lately. Maybe it’s just the lack of sunshine. I hope everyone is having a good Saturday....................peace
Randomperson

Posted: January 26, 2020, 8:37 PM
Hi Overfifty I hope you’re doing better today! Sorry you’ve been in a funk. I know what that feels like. I’m so proud of you for conquering your Methadone addiction and sharing your journey. When you’re in a funk remember what you have accomplished and how many people you have helped! I am one of those people! Your story has had such a huge impact on so many and for that you should feel proud. Getting off of Methadone or any opiates for that matter is no easy task and you showed people a relatively easy way. Or maybe just a less painful way. Anyway when you’re in a funk reflect on that. I hope your weather is nice today. You’re right the time is flying! I can’t believe my daughter’s school year is half over!! Crazy!🤪 Anyway I wish you a beautiful week and I’ll check back soon. Go Niners!!!!!!😁😁😁
Overfifty55

Posted: February 20, 2020, 9:45 AM
Good morning:) Thank you for the kind words randomperson:). I’m not in a funk anymore:) The weather here has been sunny and crisp. I like a cold morning with sun. I bundle up and discard layers as I warm up. I think I’m going to make a part 2 to this thread. It’s time consuming having to push the next button so much to see the latest post. I have an early appt today and looking forward to getting it over with. Lol Anyways I’m closing out this thread and doing a part 2. Of course people can still post on here as I always check eventually. Have a beautiful day........peace
post replypost new topic