< prev  post replypost new topic
Phentermine

Posted: July 3, 2016, 3:48 AM
When I was at my heaviest my doctor prescribed me Phentermine, I have never done drugs but I can only say it's probably what crack or meth would feel like. I literally thought my chest was contracting at one point.

Maybe it works for those not as heavy as me, but It's not safe. My weight is still been going up, I'm trying to eat less and exercise more. Someday I will beat this or it will kill me. I accept that but I will not use phentermine ever again to try and solve my problem.

This post has been edited by lordoftheflies1 on July 3, 2016, 3:52 AM
Williams522

Posted: July 17, 2016, 10:05 PM
BLONDEFACE how has it been going? I too am taking it for obesity and legitimately prescribed 30pills and have to take it once a day. Thats all I am being prescribed. I had the dry mouth and other side effects. I've been taking it since June 6th so a little over a month now. Reading these reviews definitely worries me...I ran out last month and couldn't get an appointment until 3-4 days later. Didn't feel any withdrawals. I did hear the prescribed phen is way different then any online phen 37.5 and totally different for FenPhen fad in the 90's.

Posted: September 11, 2016, 6:33 AM
Yes phentermine has serious side effects.. It has proven very effective for weight loss but you have to deal with the side effects

This post has been edited by saralevi on September 11, 2016, 6:47 AM

--------------------
Fit Woman best fat burner for women

Posted: November 6, 2016, 5:27 AM
Phentermine has serious cardiovascular effects, might cause addition and the effects usually wear off after a few months. But it works for some people, so take at your own risk. FDA initially rejected it in 2010; but approved it in 2012 after further safety data was established. If you have cardiovascular disease, I would not touch it. If you decide to use it, do not drink alcohol as it will increase side effects.

This post has been edited by canyazgan on November 6, 2016, 5:28 AM

Posted: April 6, 2017, 6:30 AM
*** this is a forum for people struggling with addiction. ***

- the moderators

This post has been edited by moderator on April 6, 2017, 9:09 AM

--------------------

Posted: April 23, 2017, 7:44 AM
tomorrow will be my second week on phentermine. But i had to check today because i had coffee for the second time in a week and oh boy! DO NOT DRINK CAFFEINE WITH THIS! The first week I had the normal side effects of insomnia, headaches, blurred vision, and racing around, but this week I was Just fine until I started again with the coffee. Makes my heart race, blurred my vision, and oh my goodness, try to get up and you will want to sit back down. Helps with libido, and menopause symptoms! I started at 181 and I am now 171.8 about 36.8 pounds to go. I usually walk my dogs in the AM for 30-35 min and eat right. Ok, I rarely eat because I’m not hungry. It does work!

--------------------
My weight loss goal buy phentermine online without prescription diet pills
Stephanie B

Posted: May 23, 2017, 7:22 PM
I am 47 and have been using phemtermine off and on since I was about 31...I have found it so difficult to come off of, just talking myself back into taking it again and in the end I have struggled with my weight this entire time! The most I've ever taken has been 1 and a half a day but with also adding caffeine in my daily routine and when the effects seem to slow down as far as appetite control, I just eat again....like a yo yo! I just want to stop it all together and be okay with that decision. I believe that it has caused problems In relationships with my family over the years and for that I am sad. Trying to come off beginning today with 1/2 pill for a week. Hoping all goes well

Posted: June 8, 2017, 5:39 PM
Has anyone taken Phentermine (37.5 mg) for weight loss and if so - what was your result? I am a 30 year old woman and would like to lose weight and get back in shape and I am thinking about asking my doctor to prescribe Phentermine 37.5 mg (I have a friend that is a nurse and recommends it) Assuming he prescribes it - I was wondering what everyone thought about it?

Posted: June 13, 2017, 7:22 AM
How well does Phentermine work?
How much weight have anyone lost and in what time frame?
Has anyone ever drank w/ it and had bad reactions.
I had a few drinks last night but it was only my first day on it and I was ok but I don't want to push it...
Stvsbc

Posted: August 1, 2017, 8:10 PM
Stay away from this stuff if you can! If you are a person with addictive tendencies, it is the worst thing you can do. Not everyone would go to the extremes I have, but the risk is real. I have taken phentermine and other amphetamines for 30 years. I recently quit and it is both the best and the hardest thing I have ever done. Right before I quit, I was taking in excess of 10 pills per day easy. Just pass on them if you can.
Ben

Posted: September 3, 2017, 4:30 PM
I've been taking phentermine for a few months and I stopped taking it for one day because of another health issue. In that time I felt like s*** until I took it today. I suspect that I've become reliant on it but it's still doing it's job. I consistently lose 3lb's a week just with the drug and weigh watchers diet. I haven't been able to do any exercise do to a knee injury. My hope is the drugs will assist me to get down to to a healthy weight and be able to maintain with weight watchers. But I'm still concerned that I'm becoming addicted.
Throwaway

Posted: January 2, 2018, 2:13 AM
Just wanted to add to this thread because i just recently had a run in with this stuff and found it affected me much differently from how other people say. I had an incident where I found these in a friends cupboard and mistook it for another medicine, leading me to accidentally take twice the recommended dose. It was fine at first, leading me to believe I had taken the correct one (I had taken it for a headache which, obviously, subsided) and went on with my night. Later I was sitting texting on my phone while my friend played some video game and I began to feel what I can only describe as a feeling of extreme relaxation and bliss, almost like a narcotic (not that I've tried those or EVER will) I must've spent the next two hours doing nothing but listening to Pearl Jam and watching them play the game. Though my mind was alert, it brought nothing but peaceful thoughts. My friend being a frequent marijuana user, we both wrote my strange behavior off as me being a lightweight and laughed it off. It wasn't until later after I began to feel "off" that I thought to check the bottle again and realized. My withdrawal symptoms were very much how people describe. I've suffered depression, but the restlessness, dizziness, and anxiety were a whole other beast. Not to mention the loss of appetite causing me to eat next to nothing. For the next days I would pace thought the night for hours on end, my brain repeating thoughts of how everyone hated me, I wasn't worthy of anything I had, and most of all that I NEEDED MORE. It was absolutely awful and I can only consider myself lucky as h--- I wasn't working that week or I can't imagine how bad it would've been. I've made a point to stay as far away from dangerous and addictive drugs so this has been a crazy experience for me. Even now though, far out of the withdrawal symptoms, I still find myself longing slightly for that wonderful feeling it gave me. It was near orgasmic and though my true depression doesn't near what withdrawal gave me, I still crave the escape. I'm far more effected by the negative withdrawal memories than I am by the craving, and I doubt I would be able to get more anyway, but I still feel strange knowing how susceptible I am to substance abuse.

I'm not sure what can be gained from this besides seeing the story of a person's first real addiction, but I guess I can also say that the one thing I found to help my withdrawals were ibuprofen. A bit ironic how the one thing that helped is the thing I should've taken in the first place
Eryka

Posted: January 27, 2018, 7:53 PM
So I am a 20 year old female and my dietician prescribed me this pill to supress my hunger. I am 156 pounds and 5'5, goal weight is 130 and I loose weight very slowly for some reason so he gave me this pill. Taking 37.5 mg once a day. He only prescribed me the pill for 15 days and said that after seeing how I react to it he would prescribe it for one more month and no longer than that. My 15 days are almost up. I have experienced no negative side effects whatsoever. I feel energized, I feel happy and talkative (more than usual), in fact, I suffer from chronic pain and although the pain is there it just doesn't really seem to bother me. I basically feel tipsy during the daya fter taking it and its quite an enjoyable feeling. Also have been loosin 1 pound every two days because I rarely feel hungry now. I feel great and really am not looking forward to whenever I may need to stop taking these. They make me feel so nice... I am afraid these may be signs of the development of an addiction or dependency. Any thoughts? thank you!
Miss hissy fit

Posted: March 12, 2018, 6:15 PM
I've been taking duromine 30 for 4 months now as a kickstart to my metabolism after loosing 30kg and wanting to loose another 10kg. Every time I stop taking them I can't function all I want to do is sleep after a week I was becoming normal again after 2 weeks I was fine. Then a bit later I decided to take them again because wanting to loose more weight. I didn't loose I just found my body needing them. So I can see these drugs are very addictive. My advice for giving them up is to just ride through the tiredness after a week you will start to feel normal again.
Sean

Posted: April 21, 2018, 8:34 PM
I'm someone with a history of addiction but let me nust state my opinion: as long as you take it as prescribed, this prescription, i.e. Phentermine is nearly NOT addictive as people believe, in terms of causing cravings or inducing withdrawal aka producing dependence. I've been on the same dose of 37.5mg once a day in the morning for over a year now, and had to abruptly discontinue it during 2-3 seperate inpatient hospitalizations that averaged about a week each, but other than those 2-3 weeks, I've taken it consistently as prescribed. The only noticeable side effects of long term uae have been decreaced effectiveness (tolerance), but I didn't compensate by increasing the dose or anything, and the other side effect is (increased) muscular tension, which sometimes causes tension headaches or muscle spasms. But it's manageable and worth the benefits attained. On the other side of the coin,,, When abruptly stopping this medication after long periods of use, I noticed two main things: Extreme Lethargy/Fatigue and Significantly Increased Hunger - both peaking in intensity within the first 2-4 days. But other than that, I would say there was no Withdrawals. Especially no Amphetamine like withdrawals of: extreme hostility/aggression, irritibility, sleeplessness, restlessness, cobfusion,depresion, anxiety, etc.
Scarey Stuff

Posted: January 23, 2020, 5:14 AM
This does not sound any different than Methamphetamine's. Or other amphetamines for that matter. Just because it is a prescription does not make it different. Maybe more pure, but not less harmful. Anyone interested in continuing to take these diet pulls should check out the Judy Gardland story. She became addicted to these due to the pressure to be thin and work very long hours and she had lots of issue with depression throughout her life. Finally committed suicide by taking an overdose at a very young age. A tragic story. Many good support groups to help people overcome addictions and free too.

Posted: January 28, 2020, 5:41 PM
I was very much into stimulants, anything to kill my appetite and gives me extraordinary energy or concentration. My DOC was Ritalin. I'm in a 6 month recovery and struggling to lose weight. I dream of it from time to time and sometimes I really miss it. But it caused me so much bad choices and s***ty moods made me spend time with people I pray I never meet again.
post replypost new topic