< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Recoveredcrackhead@yahoo.com

Posted: July 30, 2014, 7:50 AM
Dear E,
With the hopes you find this post in good spirits. it does sound promising, your relentless pursuit of sobriety. I wish there was something simple and direct I could say to ensure your success. But I can ensure you it is possible. As of this writing I have a couple of hundred dollars sitting on my desk and absolutely no desire to use. Everyday I see people I used to associate with, but refuse to engage them. This didn't come easy and, if you read this whole thread, you know it took some time. Persistance and determination are irreplacible.
I suggest trying everything you can think of to protect yourself from temptations. And yes that includes avoiding people, places and things you would associate with using.
You didn't mention attending any meetings, this may be of help.
Finding someone to hold onto your money is also a good safeguard.
Above searching inside yourself, getting in touch with the source of everything, will help to increase your understanding. I am in favor of prayer and meditation.
And take care of yourself; diet and exercise will greatly increase your well-being. I look forward to hearing more about you and your journey.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: August 29, 2014, 7:43 AM
Larry.
Wow....
Your posts are incredible, uplifting and sad at the same time. The ups and downs really meant something to me because I know how that feels all too well.
I now, because of what you have written, want to stop bartending(I don't drink, crack and pot is my thing- but been feeling bad lately I'm keeping people get messed up, ) andcouncil people with drug and alcohol problems. Thank you for helping me open my eyes. Been to tons of meetings and they didn't make me feel the way your posts did. Thank you

Posted: August 29, 2014, 7:45 AM
Also my boyfriend has stopped smoking weed. He is extremely crabby buy we will just be crabby together. And happy.

Posted: August 30, 2014, 7:10 AM
Outsider,

Thank you, you're wonderful words fill my spirit with a joy I can not express. But it is the reward I welcome for all my hard work. I believe this is where the "give it away to keep it" comes from. That I could make a difference in even one persons life is my goal.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------

Posted: September 3, 2014, 10:04 AM
Hey Larry,

I thank you for these posts because they are motivating me greatly to seek recovery....I really want to get there...

In your opinion , is NA the only way to recover?

great posts :)

This post has been edited by soberturtle on September 3, 2014, 10:04 AM

Posted: September 4, 2014, 6:35 AM
Soberturtle,

I am unsure how to answer your question. First let me say that this recoveredcrackhead primarily attends AA. I have chaired meetings for about 4 years and was even the treasurer for my homegroup.
If you're asking if the 12 steps are the only way, I would say for me they were what lead to my recovery/ This was because I reached out to God.
Are they the only way for everyone. I am told there are many approaches. Considering I am working on my degree in Chemical Dependency Counseling I must assume some of the other techniques have been verified. I also am pursueing my Recovery Coaching certification, which is basically a holistic approach. That means addressing mind, body and spirit. Which is where I am now that I have a solid foundation in recovery.

Be well,
larry

--------------------

Posted: October 20, 2014, 2:28 PM
Milestones.....

I have just made my finally payment for restitution..$545.00, in 9 days the judge will release me from probation. Who would have thought that this recoveredcrackhead could amass such a sum without running straight to the dealer? And my P.O. gave me a urine test. I mean really? if I had been using I would not have had the money. Some people have no understanding how (my) addiction worked.

Stranger still is the thought that exactly one year ago I was sitting in jail on a trumped up charge which changed the course of my life, yet again.

But now, I work full time for a charitable orginization. I am active in the recovery world, striving to spread the message of hope. But most of all, I am involved with my daughters. Helping my youngest improve her new house, for which I was invited to the house warming party over the weekend. (Even talked with my ex)

God is good and I benefit of the grace just for saying so.

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------

Posted: October 20, 2014, 4:49 PM
you are an inspiration to all of us

Congratulations

you must be damn proud!!

Posted: October 20, 2014, 9:04 PM
Way to go!

Posted: January 21, 2015, 9:04 AM
Just a bump, to share my experience strength and hope.

I had to leave my job, but I am looking forward to starting a new one in a local hospital. My main goal is to get back into school.

Live on Purpose,
Laryy

--------------------

JOJO

Posted: January 21, 2015, 10:24 PM
Larry,

Best of luck to you. Its funny. You came a long way looking back to the beginning of this thread. We had an NA convention in my area last weekend. It was great as usuall. I'd love for you to take a trip to Long Island NY some day. It would be great to meet you. Ive always get a lot out of your posts. Its been 2 1/2 years now. Keep the faith. Be well

JOJO

Posted: April 24, 2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks JoJo,

I think you may have mentioned the Long Island scene before, I sure would like to get some time away from here.

The job at the hospital was not the thing for me, so I quit. Some how my name got brought into some scandel, but the victim "un-identified" me. But that was not enough. At this point in my life if you are going to accuse me of something I did not do, be prepared for a fight and then a nasty reaction, hence I quit.
Unfortunately one week later, when I arrived home I found a flourescent sticker posted on my door announcing the landlords loss of the property and ordering all the tenants to vacate.
So now I live in a cramped apartment I refer to as the bat-cave, as the is no natural light.

My tax refund was confinscated by the "man", due to my outstanding school loans.

Ironically the hospital did not offer health care, which I am in need of. So I am re-applying for public assistance.

A few bumps in the road of life, but I continue to push on.

I also lost my free wi-fi connection, so it's back to the library. Atleast it gives me a reason to get out of the bat-cave.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------

Posted: June 24, 2015, 12:32 AM
Hey

How are you Larry,

Miss you here.

Posted: July 6, 2015, 10:57 AM
Hello to all,

Hope you had a safe and happy 4th of July.

Soberturtle,

Thank you for inqiuring. For the most part all is well. I had to leave the job at the hospital because I was in need of healthcare (ironic, isn't it).

So for now I volunteer at the local Veterans Outreach Center. Still waiting to get back to school, but funds are lacking. So I take each day as it comes and always look to be helpful.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------

Posted: July 8, 2015, 6:45 PM
Hi Larry, just stopping by your thread to offer a warm ((hug)) and a smile =)

I admire your tenacity and good nature...keep fighting the good fight, friend. Always keeping a good thought for you...

Peace ~ M&M

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: October 8, 2015, 1:23 PM
Just a bump

Nothing new, still seeking healthcare/treatment.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards,
Larry

--------------------

Posted: March 7, 2016, 1:09 AM
Just me,

How you doing?

--------------------

Posted: March 9, 2016, 9:29 AM
glad you are well up and about friend,

long time haven't heard from you :)

I am still holding on at 6 months.

This post has been edited by soberturtle on March 9, 2016, 9:34 AM

Posted: March 9, 2016, 12:47 PM
Are you attending your meetings regularly, turtle?

all the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
soberturtle

Posted: March 9, 2016, 4:37 PM
Hi papa bear - I do
i am actively involved in AA and NA

Thank you for asking :)
hope all is well with you
post replypost new topic