< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper

Posted: June 13, 2019, 8:17 PM
Hey everyone, it's been a bit since I posted. I just completed 3 yrs & 10 months off methadone and I had foot surgery a couple of months ago and was pain free during the recovery.

I hope all of you are doing great and live life one day at a time!!
Overfifty55

Posted: June 14, 2019, 10:29 AM
Hi Mojo1, Congratulations that’s a major accomplishment. I really believe methadone causes pain to hang on. 3 years and 10 months is fantastic. Your doing an amazing job keeping free of methadone. It becomes easier the more time under your belt I find. I’m finding I don’t post as often these days either. I find that’s a good thing. It means we are healing:). Take care and peace to you.
Overfifty55

Posted: August 1, 2019, 5:28 PM
Popping in to say hi. I’m still methadone free and loving it. I don’t miss it at all. Have a beautiful day.......Peace
Randomperson

Posted: August 6, 2019, 2:59 PM
Hi Overfifty I’m glad you’re still methadone free and doing well. Me too!🙂 I have a little over a year and a half. I don’t miss it and I don’t crave it. On December 22nd I’ll have two years under my belt. I’m still going to CR and really found some great people there. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get clean and make friends with people going through the same thing as you. Anyway just wanted to pop on here and say hello.💕🙂. I will check back when I can. It feels like this thread has run its course but I always think of you overfifty as well as mojo (congrats BTW), itspossible, George, marykat and needhelp. I hope you’re all doing really good. TTYS😁💕✌️.........Peace and blessings!💕

Posted: August 11, 2019, 9:10 PM
Hey everyone I hope you're doing well. Today is 4 years off methadone and sometimes I think it has been longer and other times I think it was only yesterday.

This website helped me a bunch and I just wanted to say thank you.
Overfifty55

Posted: August 13, 2019, 7:49 AM
Good morning:). Mojo 1 four years is so awesome. That’s quite an accomplishment and I’m very proud of your success. Four years is a long time and I’m looking forward to when I have 4 years. Hearing your testimony only makes me want to do better. Your an inspiration 🦋 Thank you for sharing your journey.........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: August 13, 2019, 9:37 AM
Good morning randomperson:). It’s always nice hearing from you. I hope when I post you don’t feel obligated to reply. That’s not my intention when I post. This thread is like your CR. It helps me. 😀. Even if I don’t post for awhile it’s my home base. I hope you can forgive me for not ending this thread.
Overfifty55

Posted: August 23, 2019, 7:53 AM
Good morning:) ☀️ Things are going well for me. Enjoying a morning cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a great weekend........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: August 24, 2019, 11:44 AM
Today is my real birth birthday. 🥳🥳🎂. I’m in a very happy mood. Don’t have any plans set in stone but am spending it with family. Went on a walk early this morning and now I feel ready for my happy day. Little things bring me joy so special occasions aren’t stressful for me anymore. I use to want money for all my gifts so I could use it to buy drugs. Now I just let things be. I’ve really changed. But I will say I changed when I went on methadone. Being able to stay well all day and know your getting another dose the next day worked wonders for me. Of course it got old and I’d been through a clinic closing and my doctor retiring. So my solution was to taper and get off of it. I’m so glad I did. My best suggestion is to slowly taper then jump at lowest point and break on through to the other side.🎼 A little humor for doors fans. It’s going to be a beautiful day around 82. Perfect for my birthday. Anyways just sitting here watching the hummingbirds and getting ready for breakfast. Have a happy Saturday. 🥳

Posted: August 26, 2019, 2:51 PM
I wonder if over50 knows how much she’s helped strangers...for years...

They come & read, draw inspiration but do not join.

I am grateful to her, Mojo and others who have shared their taper stories.

I’ll post my taper soon

This post has been edited by Chronicpain on August 26, 2019, 2:52 PM
Overfifty55

Posted: August 31, 2019, 8:41 AM
Good morning:) It’s Labor Day weekend and school starts on Wednesday for the grandkids. Busy busy busy. Thank you Chronicpain for the compliment. It means the world to me that I’ve helped people. One thing for sure is that I’m here to say don’t be afraid. You can get off of methadone and life becomes so much better. It really does. My life has changed so much being methadone free. My stamina is back and I’m not so tired. Small victories at first and now major victories. I’m doing more and follow through with plans. I’m dependable and that for me is awesome. I kinda checked out when I was on methadone. I was only as good as my next dose. It feels so good not to worry about that anymore. What stays fresh in my mind is how scared I was to make that jump. I did it and it wasn’t at all what I had imagined. Now I’m so grateful that my doctor retired so I could get off of it. It’s funny how good things can come from the most unusual circumstances. My silver linings :). Happy Saturday...............peace

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:01 PM
I am now about 1.5 mg per day and going very slowly from your inspiring posts.

I stop at each level for a few weeks and wait till stability and then go a bit lower.
Randomperson

Posted: September 8, 2019, 4:28 PM
Hi overfifty I hope you’re doing well. Happy belated birthday!🎉🎂. I’m sorry I missed it. I have been dealing with some health issues and was hospitalized for a while but very proud to say that I’m still Methadone free and will have two years in December. Time sure is flying. I hope you had a great Birthday.......you deserve it. I miss everyone on here and hope they are doing well. I will try to pop on here more frequently but if I don’t just know I’m thinking of and praying for you often. You are such an inspiration!🙏💕. Take care my friend.

A quick shout out to Mojo, itspossible, George, needhelp and Marykat! I hope you are all well and Methadone free! Love you all like family❤️💕🤪.
Overfifty55

Posted: September 9, 2019, 9:17 AM
Good morning randomperson:). I’m so very happy your out of the hospital. I trust your on the mend. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. I really had a nice birthday with family. We have a somewhat new restaurant called Bar Purlieu and it’s french. The atmosphere is so welcoming and the whole experience is top notch. I was treated to a birthday dinner there and I felt like royalty. I never would of appreciated this a couple years ago. Life just keeps getting better and better. December is coming and it’s cool you’ll have 2 years. I’ll have 3 years in November and I don’t remember life with methadone any longer. I’m deprogrammed and feel super content. Your friendship helped me a lot during my journey. You were there for me and I will always be grateful. I look forward to you popping on here anytime. Take care and be well...........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: October 3, 2019, 10:03 AM
Good morning:). Today is my daughters birthday. We are going to Japanese food for lunch. I’m looking forward to it. It’s things like this that I’m enjoying so much being methadone free. Ah my first sip of coffee la la la. Love my coffee💚💚. Fall is definitely here and I’m liking the change. Just a quick hello and have a great week...............peace
Overfifty55

Posted: October 27, 2019, 8:49 AM
Good morning:). Well October is almost over and November will be here. I have 3 years in November. I’m doing good. I’ve taken up rock painting. It’s really nice to have art in your life. Artistic expression is one of my tools I used to help get off methadone. I was scared and had anxiety. Art helped me calm down and be in the moment. Coloring was and is part of my routine for centering myself too. I have many adult coloring books that I’ve collected over the years. It’s such a small thing to do but really helps. Music while creating art or silence is what I like. I get up early in the mornings and cherish that. Haven’t been up to much really. Spending time with my mom as she’s now in the desert for the winter. I spend time each week at my daughter still. I’m a creature of habit and have been for years. I think it comforts me to be so dependable now:). Halloween 🎃 is almost here and the girls are so excited. I’ve been painting zombie rocks. I really love this time of the year. Anyways just wanted to say hi...............peace
Overfifty55

Posted: October 31, 2019, 7:54 AM
Happy Halloween 🎃 👻 Have a wonderful day!!!
Randomperson

Posted: November 14, 2019, 12:38 AM
Hi overfifty I hope you’re doing good. I can’t believe it’s already November!!🙂 The time has sure flown by this year. I am almost done with my Step Study at CR and so hopefully I will have more time to get on here. I sure miss you! I know your 3 year mark is coming up this month (woohoo) and I can hardly believe it will be 2 years for me in December!! Crazy!🤪🤪. We have both come such a long way. I can’t believe I was ever scared to come off of it! Best decision I ever made. 🙏🙂

I hope everyone is doing well this year and getting ready for the Holidays for they are a coming! I hope to pop back in here soon. Take care❤️💕
Overfifty55

Posted: November 18, 2019, 7:51 AM
Good morning randomperson:). It was so nice hearing from you. Yesterday I posted in the wrong thread in response to you lol. Congratulations on you CR accomplishment that’s awesome!! How are you doing? Yes we are coming up on 2years and 3years off of methadone. I’m so proud that I conquered this. I can’t imagine doing this to my life again. I was so scared to live life without methadone for many years. I put off the kick so to speak. But deep down I was so tired of the rigmarole. Doctors and pharmacists held my life in their hands. What kinda life was this? I said that to myself over and over and then I took the steps to quit. 😀 A little trip down memory lane I guess this morning lol. Still though I smile to myself because I made it. Except when I write on here I don’t think about this kinda stuff. It’s like it didn’t happen really and that’s what time did for me. It smoothed the rough edges. Phew the coffee has kicked in. I’m doing good and looking forward to this holiday season. My daughter decorated the house for Christmas last week and it really got me in the holiday spirit. 🎄 Have a wonderful week............peace

Posted: November 21, 2019, 12:06 PM

Overfifty55 wrote

Hi Mojo1, Congratulations that’s a major accomplishment. I really believe methadone causes pain to hang on. 3 years and 10 months is fantastic. “

Lots of pain patients agree
I agree

Last MD appt, my doctor said the same thing —-i hadn’t asked about it—-the doc just offered it.
post replypost new topic