< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Daily Check In

Posted: July 26, 2014, 9:19 AM
I could be totally off Jessica but i think a few old-timers read the forum. Due to all this bulls*** social media face crack etc etc-things have changed.

I read ur journal. Daily

Today its 115 degrees -NAH only about 90? My eldest came to crash last night we had a great dinner talked ETC--And today we are probably going to attempt getting a seat at the beach--as my days of sitting on a towel or worse is history--

You enjoy the weekend Jessica--Jeffrey

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: July 27, 2014, 9:09 AM
lol Jeffery you should the look on people's face when i tell them i don't have a facebook page! I think your right about the old timers being on there. I just think it would get me into trouble. It wasn't that long ago i posted about my old friend giving me her number and what happened. I would have to friend someone who would be a danger to me i just know how i am. I'll keep posting and you keep reading, and every now and then you check in ok? Deal?

Another great sober day! I started off the day at the gym doing my Zumba! Then my brother, his wife, his son, my son went to a water park. I get the towel thing Jeff lol. The hard plastic chairs are no better after awhile, they hurt my back. Talk about fun! I know i went down the water slides more then my son or nephew. I think one of my biggest misconceptions about being sober, was that sober people didn't have fun. I always though life was not fun without a buzz, thought what and how do people do it. My sick mind lol. I have lots of freaking fun all the time i just thought i needed a buzz. We spent most of the day there then took my nephew home with me so they could go on a bike ride, they both just got new Harley's (must be nice). I was worn out by then, i don't know how people with multiple kids do it. All the picking at each other and the whinning OMG! Needless to say at the end of the day i was popped, add a nice sunburn to the mix, a good thunder storm=a good needed night's rest. Hopefully after i drag my butt to church and can my tomatoes I can rest for the day!

Posted: July 27, 2014, 10:34 AM
Jessica the only reason I have Face book is cause My youngest-a couple friends and FAMILY--I think I have 12 friends?? --u can turn off 90% privacy crap--All I can tell you is if I had this technology at 12? I would have been OFFED by age 13 as Facebook is like 3rd grade--I can't believe what different apps etc each year my youngest one shows me--These kids are smart---so I rather learn about all of it as s*** will happen either way--already has but? least I know

Its sick trying to catch up with what my 15 yr old learns? Its a trip man--My eldest just took off --she and her B/F going to NY for her birthday next week--so she spent sometime with me--LIFE IS GOOD--REALLY GOOD VERY GRATEFUL

Enjoy your Sunday--Jessica

Jeffrey

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

One Day At A Time

Posted: July 27, 2014, 5:22 PM
Jeez thanks for the reminder lol. You are right i will have to involved with all of it at some point because of my son. But for right now i'm safe:) Hope you have a good Sunday as well.

Posted: July 28, 2014, 9:28 AM
Another great sober day! I went to church and can my tomatoes. I ended up with 53 jars! Not to bad for a day's work and it took me all day. By the time it was dinner i was worn out. I went to bed early and got up early to go to a early bird's meeting. It was a good one. The topic today was strengths in recovery. I think mine is my morning routine. The first thing i do when i wake up is pray. I thank God for giving me another sober day. Then i make coffee. Then i go to my gratitude list and put 5 things i am grateful for. Then i meditate for about 15 minutes. Then i do some sunrise yoga. Then i come here to read and learn. I do this almost everyday, sometimes not in that order like today. Today i knew i wouldn't get to go to a meeting unless i went at 6am because i don't take my son with me to NA meetings(because he repeats things he hears at award times)and my ol man goes to work at 8 so i choose to go early so i could get one in today. I do take him to my home group meetings but it's AA. He plays with other kids at that one. Plus i don't want to wake him up at 5:30 am, talk about whining! Anyway, my morning routine usually sets my mood for the day. I think it gives me strength to do all those things together. I feel like i CAN face the day sober and tackle any problems that comes my way. And it really is simple One Day At A Time is how to do it!

Posted: July 29, 2014, 9:23 AM
Another great sober day! Another busy day as well. I went to get my licence reinstated and NOPE not yet. My suspension period is over, fine is paid, but the reason the were suspended was for not going to traffic school for a speeding ticket i got in 09, on a permit mind you I still had no licence when i got pulled over, i just knew how to get around that at the time. So i still have to go and pay again for traffic school, then i can get my permit reinstated. Then i have to wait 3 months. But i'm alright with that, i have not had a valid licence since 2001 so a few more months i can do! Then i had to go to the sheriff's office to pick up my concealed and carry licence. So i can carry a gun but can't drive lol. I don't talk about guns very often on here but shooting at the gun range is awesome! Talk about stress relief. I always leave the gun range feeling better. Then i went to a little market fair where they had artsy things. It was pretty cool, didn't buy anything but it was cool to walk around and look. Then went to the big park and played frisbee for awhile came home cooked dinner, i made some amazing stuffed chicken with bacon and cheese(new recipe) then went to the gym. By the time i got home i was pooped. Today I am going to try to take some ME time!

Posted: July 29, 2014, 10:07 AM
LOL--ur a trip--I prefer the Gun to a car-- Cars assuming your going to want to DRIVE are more dangerous than guns

Have a good day--Jess

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

One Day At A Time

Posted: July 30, 2014, 9:52 AM
I know right! Another great sober day! I did get some ME time. I put on some old Janice and soaked in the tub for awhile. Life is good!

Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:17 AM
Another great sober day! I am running late for my home group meeting so iv'e got to go. Have a great sober day everyone:) (((HUGS)))

Posted: August 1, 2014, 8:10 AM
Another great sober day! I started the day at my home group. Then went to the park. It amazes me how such simple things can make you feel so much better. While taking my son to the park(we live within walking distance)I took a book and just got to breath. Sitting in nature being around all the animals was very relaxing. Then we walked over to the library. I find good treasures at the library! My son on the other hand just wanted to play on the computer, I had to make him pick out a book to read. So he picked out a Christmas book. Really! It was the first one he saw. Not much more then that. Had a good relaxing day.

Posted: August 2, 2014, 8:09 AM
Another great sober day! Well it was Friday not a lot happened, movie night. After watching a movie with my son, I had time to watch a movie. There is a good funny movie on Netflix called "Bottle Up". It is a movie about a girl with a pill addiction. I say it was funny, but then again I have a sick mind, sometimes what's funny for me, may not be funny for you. Kinda weird looking from the other side of things. I say that because the girl in the movie was in a car accident, that's why she was taking the pills, but it came to point where her mom was lying to her own doctor to get pills for her daughter, because she felt guilty for letting her daughter be in pain. I am sure this is real life scenario. one in which doctor's see all to often. Anyway it was a funny movie for me, check it out if you have time.

Posted: August 3, 2014, 9:40 AM
Another great sober day! The name of that movie was called "Bottled UP". I did go to the gym to do my Zumba workout. Then I went to a noon meeting, it was a good one! Then later on we went to a church block party SUPER FUN! They had bouncy houses and one with a water slide, needless to say my son had a great time getting wet and muddy. We also received a new backpack with school supplies in it. SUPER cool. Saving money is hard, so every little bit helps. Even if we only get free pencils I get excited, because for some reason my son looses pencils every day it seems, so the more we have the better. Speaking of saving money, I do have a good tip i'll pass along to you guys. Do you use the dryer sheets(like bounce)? If so try doing this, take a old towel not a big one one like a tea or kitchen towel and soak it in liquid fabric softener, let it air dry completely, then put in the dryer with your clothes. The towel is good for at least 40-60 loads! I promise it works and saves money. Within the last year and a half i have not bought dryer sheets and still have some fabric softener left from when i bought it to try this. Also since school is about to start back, i let my son stay up as late as he can for one night. He made it till 1:30. LOL he's so cute when he's asleep. When I tell him to get in the bed he tells me he's not asleep, just resting his eyes! HA HA. I know he gets that from me, and I know I heard my day it so that's funny to me. We made cookies and ate a bunch of junk food(just what i needed), but it's fun every once and awhile. My child teaches me not to be so serious about the little stuff. He tells me to CHILL OUT mom. It's true when they say they grow up so fast even faster with the internet and social media(you are so right Jeffery). I saw this commercial for this phone and a 9 year old is using it like a pro. CRAZY! My son is not getting his own access to the internet at 9, NO WAY! I also took some time to get caught up on my gossip magazines, and painted my toenails. Kim Kardashian is going to make 83 million dollars this year from a app! It's the third most downloaded app for this year! CRAZY! Some game idk i don't have it haha. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Speaking of online gaming i just read an article about this couple in South Korea who spent so much time playing a game that their own baby died from malnutrition. CRAZY! But that's addiction. If you want to read this article go to THE FIX.com. It'a a recovery/addiction website.

This post has been edited by girltoday on August 3, 2014, 10:07 AM

Posted: August 4, 2014, 8:58 AM
Another great sober day! As always, Sunday's are my favorite day of the week. Didn't do very much cooked a big dinner and took my son shopping for school clothes, supplies. Only 11 days left till school starts:).

Posted: August 5, 2014, 8:35 AM
Another great sober day! Didn't do much really, hung out at the house, and went to the gym. Later in the evening we got to see the space station fly over us. Or orbit idk. That was pretty cool:)

Posted: August 5, 2014, 4:03 PM
Hey Jess, I just love reading your check ins, you always keep it real and someday I'm hoping to be where you are in your recovery.
Keep up the good fight girl.
Bec

Posted: August 6, 2014, 8:45 AM
Hey Bec! It's so good to see you post! Keep Coming Back!

Another great sober day! Once again i didn't do very much. Took my son to the park for a little while, came back home and watched some sappy girl movie that made me cry. I don't like it when movies make me cry. I like happy endings not sad ones. The other day i was lucky enough to catch a little bit of The Blues Brothers. John Beluski was a great funny actor. Now that i am clean/sober i like watching old movies and shows with people who i know were using at the time, just to see how they act or if i can tell they are messed up. Hey told ya my mind is sick! The old Saturday Night Lives with him are classic! We loose a lot of good people to drug overdoses. When I first got clean i was like man how come everyone doesn't go to NA, this is amazing, new life, new friends who gave a s***, new outlook on myself, and then i was told about the pink cloud. Not soon after that reality hit me. It takes time to get (well it took me time)adjusted to being clean. Being able to pass a Walgreen's and not think about pills, took me awhile. Before i quit using i was a bartender for 15 years. That was a lifestyle change. Not making 600 a week was a lifestyle change. After i went to treatment i just up and quit my job. I was willing to do anything to stay sober/clean. And putting myself in a place where i saw dope and booze everyday was NOT going to help me. I do miss the money, but freedom is better than money to me any day! Sometime we forget that we could have gone to jail for a long time. My freedom is worth it! Today life is good.

Posted: August 7, 2014, 8:29 AM
Another great sober day! I ran some errands, and hung out with a few friends. Having coffee and solving the world's problem's ya know lol. I have a busy weekend coming up due to a big sporing event in my city. Hopefully we have lots of visitor's at the place where i go to meetings. I am a volunteer to help people around the city. Always fun meeting new people and hearing new stories.

Posted: August 8, 2014, 8:26 AM
Another great sober day! My home group meeting was awesome! Also took my son to meet his new teacher. Got a sweatshirt with his school logo on it. Yes, i am a cool mom:). One year i'm going to join the PTA(maybe). Other than that not a lot to say. Just a reminder about the Oprah & Deepak's 21 day journey starts Monday. It's called Expanding Your Happiness. I can always use more happiness.

Posted: August 9, 2014, 8:20 AM
Another great sober day! Was a busy day for me. Since I have such a busy weekend my son is at grandma's so i am able to do things in the evening without feeling bad that my son has to stay out late. Hit a couple meetings yesterday. Also had a pot luck dinner with all the visitor's from out of town. A lot of good food and good friends. Also kicked butt at a few games of darts! I like the game 500 i am good! Well. i'm off to help make breakfast for the people at St Joe's, hope everyone has a blessed day!

Posted: August 10, 2014, 9:07 AM
Another great sober day! Although having a break from my son is nice, i miss him. It's been a awhile since i had to go 2 days without seeing him. He call's me though, wants to know what he missing out on lol. Yesterday was busy i don't know where to start! I helped make breakfast for about 500 people, in the rain, under an umbrella. That was a sight. Then went to a meeting, then went to lunch with everyone. Then went to the picnic. We have lots of Catholic picnic's where i live, but St Joe's is my favorite cause the money goes to the St Joesph's children's home. Then went to the zoo. Then me and my b/f got to enjoy a night out. Went out to eat and went for a walk by the river. Boring people ey. That's what happen's when we get a sitter, we drive around for like an hour trying to find someplace that we both like and want, then come home and go to bed. Overall it was a fantastic day.
post replypost new topic