< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
5 Days Methadone Free

Posted: December 20, 2016, 12:44 AM
I would like to helper get out of it as it seems easier to say than done
Just stating to understand this drug
Every time the pharmacy can't fill her prescription she's having to go get percosets or Xanax or other pills to try to get through her day or weeks awaiting for her prescription to be filled. This week alone I found myself spending over $1200 on a variety of pills to help her coupe with the beginning of withdraws. Can anyone help

Posted: December 20, 2016, 2:05 AM
Why isn't the pharmacy filling her prescription on time? I know doctors and pharmacies can f*** up but on a continuous basis and a drug like this...it sounds pretty far fetched? My thought is she is taking much more then prescribed..running out and not telling you. Is she taking for pain? All i know is if i'm getting a medication prescribed and taking as prescribed i will be on the phone hollering at doctors..pharmacy and insurance company before i resort to street...

Posted: December 22, 2016, 9:37 AM
30 days today off of methadone!! Woot woot!! So glad it's over except it never began. I had zero withdrawls. I am beyond grateful.

Posted: December 26, 2016, 9:39 AM
Today is day 34 without methadone. No cravings at all. Had a nice relaxing Christmas.
Overfifty

Posted: December 29, 2016, 11:50 AM
Today is day 36 off of methadone. Caught a cold today feeling lousy. Never got sick on methadone so this is new. No cravings but then I haven't had cravings for years. Since I got my methadone from my doctor thirty days worth at a time I wasn't in a clinic setting. So I didn't come in contact with others. Through the years All of my friends have died from heroin or accidents. I guess what I am saying is I have changed. I am not interested in drugs or being around people into drugs. So when my doctor retired and I was forced to quit I just did. I am so done with all the rules and regulations that come with methadone. Which is good because I am done with it. Taking it one day at a time. Peace
Overfifty

Posted: January 2, 2017, 10:40 AM
Today is day 40 off of methadone. I am suffering NO withdrawals still. Thank my lucky stars for that. Brought in the new year quietly. I have been reading a lot of posts which have reminded me where I came from and these forty days are priceless. I have successfully tapered to nothing. I didn't realize how much of a fighter I was until this. My journey began years ago and with baby steps I have gotten free. I am a pull the band aid off slowly kinda gal. My taper was long and slow which worked for me. Others may like a CT approach. Everyone is different and whatever works is cool with me. Taking it one day at a time....peace

Posted: January 10, 2017, 9:42 AM
I am still methadone free. Feel no cravings but then again I haven't had any for years. Sneezing still but it's only twice a day. Glad to be free from methadone. We have been having bad weather and I couldn't get to the pharmacy for three days. I didn't freak out because I am not going into withdrawls. It's a good feeling. Taking it one day at a time...peace
Overfifty

Posted: January 22, 2017, 11:30 AM
Woot woot!! Today is day 60 two whole months free of methadone. I am totally stoked that I am where I am at today. So proud of myself. This has been a lonely journey for me. There wasn't a lot of support getting off of methadone. Even my doctor wanted me to stay on it. So I tapered down on my own. Thank goodness I did because my doctor retired and my new doctor doesn't prescribe methadone nor does their office. That messed with my head too. That your medication can get cut off AND too bad for you. Never again will I be in this position. I am done with methadone. There is so much complexity to this for me. Methadone saved my life and then it began to run my life then it needed to be out of my life. Now I have met my goals and am 60 days into my vision for my life without methadone. I am not disappointed. I am happy today with my decision. I hope my journey helps someone on their path no matter where their at. Thank you for letting me share and ramble on. Love this site. Peace to all.
Overfifty

Posted: January 28, 2017, 11:00 AM
You are exactly right Bonnie5. After. I was over my cold I came to the same conclusions as you did about my smoking. It has helped me get off methadone. It helps my pain. It's legal in my state. I sometimes forget just how far I have come with the help of marijuana. I really enjoy it still. Plain and simply.
Overfifty

Posted: January 28, 2017, 11:22 AM
My last post was suppose to be in marijuana. Sorry about that. I am METHADONE FREE still. No complaints to speak of. I take medication for depression and I haven't experienced any symptoms from quitting. I don't have paws. I really am grateful for my new lease on life. Don't have much to say except I am happy to be free of methadone. Taking it one day at a time.....peace

Posted: February 2, 2017, 8:54 AM
Today is day 71 free of methadone. Doing good. Sleeping well and have healthy appetite. I am so grateful to be on the other side of this. I still am in awe that I didn't suffer withdrawls at all. Of course I went really slow really really slow doing my taper. IMO going slow and getting as low as possible reduces or erases withdrawls. It worked for great for me. Don't have much to say. Thought I would just jot down a quick progress report. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Posted: February 2, 2017, 9:06 AM
Afternoon Overfifty :) I am starting tapering from today, right now on 35 ills so going down 5 mills until I hit 20 mills then i would go very slowly 2 mills every 10 days or so, depends how i feel but i am in no rush at all ... run out of weed but will get more... and that is all i use. Thanks to you I am not afraid at all!
Grateful Bonnie

Posted: February 2, 2017, 5:46 PM
Bonnie, your doing it correct. I am detoxing also. started detoxing last year was on 120 mgs.
I go to the clinic once a month. I'm on 25 now. Going down 1 to 2 mgs. a week.
I just joined this group today. Keep us posted on your progress, & I will do the same. Good luck, you can do it. I did it in 1980. was clean for over 25 years, Then I had back problems, & got addicted to vicodin 8 years ago. I couldn't afford the vicodin, so I went on methadone for pain.
It's time to get off.

Posted: February 3, 2017, 6:22 AM
Your taper plan sounds good Bonnie5. It's so awesome your going for it. The days will just fly by and before you know it you'll be over. Letting your body adjust to each drop is really great. Did you get more weed? I feel that is a miracle worker. Helps with so many things. It helped me transition to no methadone. Keep posting your journey it helps me and others to stay clean. You helped me so much with your posts thank you. I will be cheering you on Bonnie5.

Posted: February 3, 2017, 10:05 AM
Thanks :) I am not expecting any problems really at least not until i come down to nil but even then... my highest dose was 40 mills and i used H. on top on and off (i tried my best not to use both on the same day but sometimes couldnt help it) anyway i been clean for last 2 years with 1 relapse ... I am not stopping my prescription which i get from my GP on monthly bases , i am going to see how I am doing without methadone and if i think its not right time i will go back on it without having to go trough all procedure of getting prescription (daily picking up and drinking in front of pharmacist while people looking at you..stigma yes) .... so yes I am totally relaxed about it BUT my priority is not using heroin so if i feel like tapering its not good for me in that regard i will stop immediately! all in all i feel positive )

Posted: February 8, 2017, 8:23 AM
Overfifty how are you doing? its been days and days you last posted, really hope all is good ?

Posted: February 8, 2017, 10:21 AM
Today is day 77 free of methadone. I am doing well Bonnie5. I have zero cravings and no added depression or the dreaded paws. I have been moving slow but that's just me now lol. I rarely even think about my journey except when I post. I feel normal. I am so grateful everyday to be able to live without methadone. I am still in pain but manage. How are you doing Bonnie5? I am up before my granddaughter wants to use my phone lol. I usually post early but I have been at my daughters and they play with my phone. Taking things one day at a time..peace
Overfifty

Posted: February 11, 2017, 11:17 AM
Today is day 80 free of methadone. I am doing well. I have no withdrawals no cravings I just feel normal.just a quick update. Taking things one day at a time ...peace
Overfifty

Posted: February 18, 2017, 10:39 AM
Day 88 free of methadone. Life has returned to normal. I am just normal now. I am not depressed about being off of it. In fact I feel fine great perhaps without it. The mental piece of not needing it daily agrees with me. I have no cravings at all. I am completely content. Have a beautiful Saturday. Taking things one day at a time........peace

Posted: March 3, 2017, 10:29 PM
Congratulations Overfifty.
Good job, well done. I will keep you in my prayers. My son is on methadone down to 90 from 195 per him. He's not doing good he uses other stuff too. He's been in and out of detox rehab and long term programs for a while now. He is not allowed to live with me no more because of what has gone on when he was using. I have no trust at all so now she's homeless again and messing with I don't know what. I know he wants off the methadone but I don't think he's ready will and able. He has had them raise it because he would tell the docs he's feeling some kind of way. But then he goes to another doc for Zanax and benzos without telling them he is on methadone. He said they don't ask. I don't know what to do. He nods and he slurs his words. Still haveing a hard time wrapping my brain around all this. But even the councslor said he don't want to go into anymore programs. She said he has to want to stop and to get the right help. He tells me if he was home with me he wouldn't use. I wish it was that easy. We've tried that, rooms friends and family has tried to help. But it's mind your business. Then he'll say no one want to help. Ugg so terrible sometime I wish I can go to sleep and not wake up. How selfish of me to the others that are making the right choices. Just trying to be strong. Stay well stay strong.

Dee
post replypost new topic