next >  post replypost new topic
What Positive Thing Did You Do Today?

Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:22 PM
Thought I'd start another thread since the gratitude and why I won't drink thread are so popular. I have found both those threads fantastic. Times when I've craved a drink I've gone and read back through 5-6 pages of those threads and felt better at the end of it.

So my new one is for us alkies who are way too good at always seeing the negative in ourselves. Lets look at the positives we bring to life.

The positive things I did today was come to work and be a productive member of society.

I also ate a healthy breakfast.

I dressed well, did my hair and makeup so I present a pleasant appearance.
(when I was drinking I couldn't manage to do that most days)
Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: March 22, 2007, 8:41 PM
Positives?

Worked very hard. Helped my Mom make all the return calls on how my dad is doing.

Gave myself a pass on screwing up my diet. Taking the weekend off and will go back to my diet Monday.

Mentally not worth fighting.

Have cut my serequel in half from 200-100. This is the third night. trying as my doctor wants me off it or a lower dose. Its a bad W/D for me.so guess making it 2 nights is a positive.

Good subject

Good night--Jeff

--------------------
JUST SAY NO

Posted: March 22, 2007, 9:25 PM
sounds like you are doing well Jeff.

I'm going to add something to my entry.

Things to improve on tomorrow:

getting some exercise

patience

--------------------

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: March 22, 2007, 9:57 PM
I was somewhat active today. I raked up the leaves from last fall, put a new spark plug in my chainsaw and drove out to my ultra lite and checked on it. Soon the snow will have melted off the field so that I can fly it again.

Now that I'm getting my energy back somewhat, its important for me to stay active at something. I need to fill the time I used to spend drinking with something else.

Bye for now... Cookster

Posted: March 22, 2007, 10:00 PM
I am taking care of myself today & tonight and made some good choices, that's very positive for me right now!

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl
Lookinup

Posted: March 24, 2007, 2:46 AM
I didn't drink today & went to my first group therapy @ re-hab today. I also ate healthy today.

Posted: March 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
I did two positive things I washed my dog trimmed him up and then the next day I took him on a little outing... which he loved... I also have been sober 6 days...

Izzy

--------------------
"Dream as though you'll live forever... Live as though you'll die today." - James Dean...

"You can't put your arms around a memory" - Johnny Thunders

Posted: March 24, 2007, 12:51 PM
Let's see?????
What have I done positive today??? HUMMMMM?????

Well I woke up sober so that is a huge positive.
I cleaned my refrigerator and freezer out which I have been putting off for a very long time.
I am getting ready to go golfing so that will be fun. Good sober clean fun!~

I will write more after the day progresses.

--------------------
Live In Blessings Not Blame.
Your Inner Peace Begins With Sobriety.

Valarie :-)

Lookinup

Posted: March 25, 2007, 2:22 PM
I woke up sober & again made a decision to be sober for today. I swept,mopped,vacumned the house even though I didn't feel up to it I did it anyway. Day 4 again feeling a little less fatigued & dry drunk. Tomorrow I go to my second counseling session & perhaps I can muster the strength to clean the bathrms. this wk. Chris

Posted: March 26, 2007, 1:56 AM
Izzy - soooo proud of yu!!!! And hey - if you are shy to put a pic of yourself on the pic thread - post one of your freshly washed and groomed pooch!!!!

Positive thing I did today - hmmmm - jumped in and helped out at work at very short notice and didn't complain about it either and was friendly and helpful all day to trainees (not too of my strong suits!!)

--------------------

Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:31 PM
I took our dog for a walk in the rain. Helps me & our dog to feel refreshed. I fixed my hair & put on my makeup. I'm going to my second group @ rehab with an open mind.

--------------------
There is no failure except in no longer trying.
Elbert Hubbard

Posted: March 27, 2007, 4:01 PM
I prayed to God first thing this morning and I started my day being open & willing...

I listened to the radio loud and sang along in rush hour traffic this morning...

I treated myself to Chinese food for lunch

I will be kind and tolerent of myself & others today

I can see the miracles again and I will stay in today & enjoy today....

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 27, 2007, 7:08 PM
positive thing I did yesterday - was took my 3rd step with my sponsor.

today - really saw the beauty all around me.

--------------------

Posted: March 29, 2007, 5:54 AM
Positive thing i did today was get my butt back posting on the boards

Light and love zac

--------------------
Endless Hope can be found when I am ready for acceptance mixed with spirituality and ask for the courage to change.

Posted: March 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
And it's great to see you posting Zac!!!!! xoxo

Positive things I did for me

Held my hand out & share with others struggling
Accepted a compliment
Thanked God for helping me stay clean & sober another day
Treated myself to flavored coffee this morning

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 29, 2007, 1:07 PM
I made myself eat a little breakfast even though I have very little appetite, & tummy feels squimish. Took our chocolate lab for a walk this am even though I physically don't feel so hot.Training from being a parent for many yrs. Working on transfering that training & applying it to me now. Did my homewk from rehab. Looked in the mirror & told myself I'm a child of God & I'm beautiful. I prayed for others Thanked God for all my blessings in life! Reminded myself keep it simple today.

--------------------
Elbert Hubbard

Posted: March 29, 2007, 10:36 PM
did some exercise
cooked and atea a vegetarian dinner
worked on my tapestry instead of vegeing in front of tele
stayed sober.

Zac - good to see you back. How are you hanging in there?
((((((((((Zac)))))))))

This post has been edited by idgie on March 29, 2007, 10:38 PM

--------------------

Posted: March 31, 2007, 4:06 AM
I didn't drink today which was quite positive. I went out to dinner with friends and then to a coffehouse to listen to some live music. Both places there were people who know me as an enthusiastic drinker and it was awkward to not drink. I find it quite tempting to think that it would be ok to have a social drink or two... I kept reminding myself that one or two equals six or more... I also kept reminding myself of how good it feels to be sober...

One day at a time.... Cookster

Posted: April 5, 2007, 2:20 AM
I was able to help our daughter move to her new apt. tonight after rehab. If I was drinking I wouldn't have been able to be of help to her. I made some important calls that I'd been putting off. It is positive for me to hear that even though Cookster felt some temptation to drink while out with friends, he was able to be honest with himself & with the rest of us here on this board. Thankyou for thinking the drink thru to the end. A great tool to put in the recovery tool box.

--------------------
Elbert Hubbard

Posted: October 6, 2007, 6:45 PM
Today I took all my empties back for a refund, they have been sitting in the closet since my last drink over six months ago. It was kind of weird looking at those cans I used to drink out of.... I also took all my home brewing equipment to the dump.
post replypost new topic