< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper

Posted: December 2, 2016, 2:33 PM
Thank you very much. Ya I think the methadone issues are over for me too. I just transitioned to no methadone and went on to no issues. I am so grateful.

Posted: December 3, 2016, 8:51 AM
Today is day eleven. Just woke up and waiting for the coffee to brew. So stoked that methadone is out of my body and I feel great. Can't believe this is behind me now. I am so grateful that. My sneezing attacks are all that's left.. I read every post daily for months on methadone withdrawal. Every post was saying how bad it is and you won't sleep etc. I was scared of the unknown. I am here to say it can be done without losing your mind. Sorry I will get off my soapbox. I am just so happy.

Posted: December 3, 2016, 4:44 PM
I was scared as well, actually I was terrified until you came along :)

Posted: December 3, 2016, 5:03 PM
Thank you bonnie5 that means a lot to me. I really am on day eleven. It amazes me today that my journey has been so positive. I am forever grateful for this get outta jail free card so to speak.
Overfifty

Posted: December 4, 2016, 9:27 AM
Today is day 12. No complaints. I do have sneezing fits but that's it. I am living proof that this is possible and can be done effortlessly. Methadone helped me quit heroin and I will be grateful forever. When I got on methadone for pain management I felt entitled to take it. My body is in pain the doctor gave me a script and I started taking the methadone pills. For years I took those pills which helped my pain. Getting off the methadone for pain was hard for me mentally because I am still in pain and move slow. But it had to be done I had to quit methadone my doctor retired. New doctor doesn't prescribe it. I was sure in a pickle. But I stopped taking the methadone 12 days ago and I am okay.
Overfifty

Posted: December 5, 2016, 8:16 AM
Today is day 13 without methadone. Just saw that 6 people in Philadelphia died on Sunday from heroin overdoses. I am so grateful I am not using heroin anymore and methadone saved me. I did it I successfully transitioned from heroin to methadone to nothing. I am so proud of myself. It's one day at a time. But I am doing it. I feel good I am very calm and can sleep. I have come so far from that junkie I use to be. When I began this journey I was so sick. I forget that sometimes. Over ten years have passed and I have changed. I no longer have to take methadone but I don't forget where I came from. Sorry I am rambling but the news really affected me this morning. Peace

Posted: December 6, 2016, 9:48 AM
Today is 14 days free of methadone. Two weeks woot woot!! Feel amazing can't complain didn't even sneeze yesterday. I went to my mental health doctor yesterday and he was happy for me, and I got some names of some therapists to check out. Life is good. I

Posted: December 7, 2016, 8:44 AM
Day 15 off of methadone. Life is good. I feel good.

Posted: December 7, 2016, 1:20 PM
nice :)

Posted: December 8, 2016, 2:43 PM
Thank you Bonnie5. Today is day 16 off of methadone. I feel normal no withdrawls. Woot woot!!

Posted: December 9, 2016, 9:19 AM
Day 17 off of methadone. I feel more pain today. Gonna have to take it easy today. I am grateful to be off of that drug. You don't want realize what it does for you until your off of it. I have been to methadone clinics twice. One time they gave us a sixty day notice they were closing yes closing so I had to wean myself down then go through horrible withdrawls. Second time I quit myself but tapered to fast and had bad withdrawls. This taper was done over years long and slow. I had no withdrawls. I am not the type of person who enjoyed being addicted to methadone but ya it helped me. But I don't believe some people have to stay on it for life IMO. It's a useful tool in its time and place then IMO it's a crutch. Time to get on with life. Free of methadone. These are my opinions for myself. I was on methadone 10t years. Too long IMO.

Posted: December 10, 2016, 3:52 PM
i a down to 35 now but my highest dosage was 40 ills(green liquid we get) and its not that taking methadone bothers e not at all but having to go for prescription every month and have talk to counselor when I clearly don't want to share anything with him, hate stupid questions plus even if I want to go for few days somewhere I always have to think about methadone and God forbid I forget to take the with me... another problem I a afraid is damage that does to body apparently its very bad for joints , bones so now how much truth is in that and how much they are hiding from us will be revealed one day ... I was told by fellow addicts on numerous occasions how methadone is much worse for body then heroin actually I ean damage that does to body. Now is that urban myths or not I dont know. I am not ready for tapering yet, I need to be clean at least for 1 year before going down actually it doesnt need to be 1 year but when I feel the time is right!
Once again Well Done :)

Posted: December 10, 2016, 4:35 PM
B...im sorry I didn't know you were still on the juice...I have to say I felt damn good on it...depression was much better...I don't think it hurt me physically as much as they claim...ya..some side effects. .but I had more energy...idk i think about going back on often...ya it was a pain having to go every week to pick it up...they only give a week here...no matter what...and the questions...ya ..intrusive. ..I hated that too...I was on Levo-methadone. ..or what they call here polamidon ..the clear stuff....but for all the red tape. ...and expense...the fcking clinic rants....I miss the relief. ..the cravings and mind games drive me crazy...no matter what I seem to do to stay clean...I can't get rid of the monkey ...the itch in my skin....i never felt it was a crutch...it gave me a degree of quality ...of clarity...of freedom I haven't experienced since I was off...I remember after I stabilized. ...I asked if this was how all normal people felt ...I was amazed...but...ya...it did take a big part of me...i didn't realize it until I came off it..maybe it was just my dark side ...and idk...maybe that's not such a bad trade off...I was on 9 years and wasn't ready I think to come off...I don't think I would have had a problem being a lifer...everyone is different...just my humble opinion. ..

Ps...over50...I didn't want to say anything as you came off...just in case ...and I'm really glad it was a good detox...I tried three times to do it during the 9 years i was on...and never made it ..once I got down to the small numbers I used...and couldn't stand the cravings..
....when I got jumped off in april...I't was one of the worst rattles I ever experienced. ..just long and painful...never ending. ..and the mind crazy and cravings almost drove me over the edge...the worst of it didn't even start until days after...not a rattle I want to repeat...i think if i went back on it would be for good this time...glad this one for you was mild...wishing you a good long clean time

This post has been edited by constantine on December 10, 2016, 7:16 PM
Overfifty

Posted: December 11, 2016, 9:45 AM
Today is day 18 off of methadone. Got a great nights sleep so my pain level is good. No complaints. I want to say methadone helped me get off heroin. I haven't had cravings for over ten years. Constantine because I had two unsuccessful very long rattles I knew I could have one again. I was scared beyond belief. Plus mentally it really takes its toll. I was surprised to not have to endure another one. Today is day 18 and I feel so grateful. Because in the back of my mind I always worry about the rattle I don't want to come off. This last time I was prescribed methadone for pain from my primary doctor. Not at a methadone clinic. I don't qualify anymore because I don't use. Because she retired I had to get off of it. That sticks I in my head. Ya know nothing lasts forever. So in a nutshell I am scared to go back because of the withdrawals. This has been my experience on methadone. But everyone is different or do they stay on it cause they are scared of getting sick?

Posted: December 11, 2016, 9:59 AM
probably we stay on for different reasons but cravings are not that strong or they go away all together while on methadone and that is for me most important... i was scared of withdrawal but thanks to Overfifty experience i am not anymore
Overfifty

Posted: December 13, 2016, 10:59 AM
Today is day 21 off of methadone. I feel calm strong and grateful today.there are no withdrawal symptoms woot woot!! IMO tapering long and slow is why I didn't suffer at all. I still am amazed I walked away from it without suffering.

Posted: December 15, 2016, 8:13 AM
Today is day 23 off of methadone. It's freezing here this morning don't want to get out of bed. It's early still. I have zero withdrawls. I still sneeze though. I am doing good. No cravings.

Posted: December 15, 2016, 9:17 AM
your pretty much done O50...congrats ! Well done ! Come on over to the heroin board and post us a song video on our "just a hell of a video thread"...:)

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on December 15, 2016, 9:20 AM

Posted: December 15, 2016, 12:17 PM
Thank you con. I don't know about a song for the heroin board. I am just grateful that this detox was successful. La la la
Overfifty

Posted: December 17, 2016, 7:36 AM
Today is day 25 off of methadone. Doing great no complaints. I still sneeze ugh. Methadone is a memory now. I read my posts and am amazed so much time has went by but it has. Anyway low and slow is the way to go ......peace
post replypost new topic