< prev  post replypost new topic
The Official ..::introduce Yourself::.. Post

Posted: February 10, 2009, 12:56 AM
Hey Scott - I forgot to compliment your artwork. Pretty cool stuff! Do you make the blocks and then stamp them? How do you do that type of work?

I hope you stick around. This is an interesting bunch. So how do you like us so far??

Thank you for the compliments Alice!

What I do is I buy these blocks with this linoleum substance on the top layer of it. I then draw the picture I am going to carve out on the block. I carve out things that I want to look open. [IE around the red sox]

I then proceed to cut it out with a special carving tool for block printing. [3 different attachments. Big, medium, and small.]

Once complete, I use a special paint and a small special roller to apply the paint to the block. I then put the paper over the block and rub the back of the paper where the drawing is on the flip side. Pull off the paper and presto! Beautiful block prints!

I've really enjoyed my interactions thus far with everyone. The only other place I've ever seen as much hope, love, and compassion is in my NA meetings. You guy are great. I plan on staying awhile!

--------------------
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue." - Nixon

Posted: February 10, 2009, 5:19 AM
Scott....welcome to the board...I grew up in Mass., but i live in Germany now...Ive been clean 9 months this month...glad to meet you...

*** Jack, bi-monthlies ?...I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous !!... lol..I want so much to have the 2 week take homes...I could actually go somewhere on the weekend ..like to visit my partner even !!....you just gave me hope that people DO get to do bi-monthly....Im hoping i will "graduate" soon ...:) sorry scott, didnt mean to highjack the thread....

Con

Posted: February 10, 2009, 5:40 AM
Hey Con
Yeah its nice- but Im going to need prove of work now. Imagine that? After 13 freaking yrs- - Ill come up with something

Scott
I was going to comment on your artwork- but I saw a RedSox emblem- Im a new yorker my friend.. so .. .well you know -Long time Yankee fan and all- Hell >Im an old bast*** ,I was rooting for Mantle when I was a kid.
Knicks,Devils,and Giants in this house- - lol

I do like the Pats- when the Giants arent involved though- Love when they beat up the Jets

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: February 10, 2009, 5:43 AM
Oh Lord Jack...a YANKEE fan ?...jeez, Im not sure Im even allowed to talk to you....lol....i grew up in a solid red sox house...:)
Proof of employment ?...after all this time ?...im not tracking anymore with the world, i think the planet has totally lost it...what else...

Posted: February 13, 2009, 6:26 PM
Jackohearts...that is one of the most descriptive & heartwrenching pieces of literature i've read in a long time! I've never done heroin but I truly understand the chase...thank you for sharing it.

--------------------
In spirit,
Zipper

The image in a mirror doesn't always reflect the condition of a soul - LN

Posted: February 13, 2009, 7:44 PM
Alrite all.....MnM sent me two Red Sox ts last year....one for me and another for my 9yr.old,they are good qaulity stuff LOL.....so its the Red Sox i root for....none of these Jets Or Pirates.....Red Sox sumthin everbody can relate to.....and Boston has the history of many Irish folks from the 1840s onto 1900 who went there for life and suceeded,many didnt.
Con Ms.im on a 13day takeout at my clinic....go give a ua get my dose for the day then leave with enuff for 13days......as Jack said ya mite have to be employed etc.......and i know yer travelling a lot due to this.routine.....bi-monthlys, by someone who has a pretty clean record like Jack...ua,s i mean should be a given the option of every working recovering addict,I go to mine after doing a 6am till 2pm shift,2hr. bus ride but i only do it twice a month ....a blessing for me Sian&my Ma,coz i know my Ma gets uptight when i go up to Dublin,knowing the dangers drugs can bring,coz she has seen me in some states over the yrs.P.S Con.....yer employed and clean so really think ya should go chase up yer doc,Take care all of yis...........Davey

Posted: February 19, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hi evberyone! I am new to the recovery board and this is my second post. I am a recovering addict, but I am on a methadone clinic so that I quit using heroin. I have never participated in a message board, so this is my first one. I need support because sometimes I feel that being methadone is cheating recovery, but if I wasn't taking methadone I would be still be out there hustling to get my dope. That was a nghtmare life! And I have been doing this dance with heroin for over 20 years, quitting at times, but never stopping completely. I sometimes wonder if other people feel this way, I don't know if people have the same crazy thoughts that I do being in recovery, but it is a crazy journey. Anyway this is me, and I am saying hi!

Posted: February 19, 2009, 2:25 PM
hey scott, i'm jessica! i'm 31 & mother of 2 girls ages 12 & 14. i live in south georgia but i'm from louisiana.born & raised in new orleans.i'm an addict thats been on methadone for the last 7 yrs. i had a pain pill addiction for 3 yrs prior to getting on methadone. i found this board about 2 weeks ago & i'm hooked.lol. i've been on it everyday since i found it. i am back & forth from the pain pills forum & this one. there seems to be some really great people on here & lots of helpful info. i really look forward to getting to know everyone a little better. well thats my story in a nutshell............jessica

Posted: February 19, 2009, 2:55 PM
I really like what was written by Ithink. I have been there too many times and in even worse spots really. Thanks for that man. It puts things into perspective for real.

Josh

Posted: February 19, 2009, 5:37 PM
Desiree & Jessica: Welcome! Nice to meet you. I am Lisa and i am an alcoholic. I am usually on the alcohol board but I stop on by this board often because I find the posts very poignant and brutally honest. Heroine is one of my "yets" but I know I'd love it, so I've always stayed away from it. I guess I come to the heroine board to see that this addiction is just like alcohol for me...it is destructive and will devalue my life substantially, if it doesn't kill me.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you two.

--------------------
In spirit,
Zipper

daniegrl

Posted: February 20, 2009, 1:32 PM
Wow Scott! see what you started? that's awesome...........and a few new people. Cool. How are you? I hope your doing well. Sometimes I wish that all of us were in the same city so that I could invite you all over to our house and we could just hang out and BS all night!

Talk to you soon.

xo
D

Posted: February 20, 2009, 2:04 PM
Hey all, I must be one of the oldest ex-addicts alive. My name is Debbie, I am 44 years old and am truly grateful to have the hell of drugs behind me. I have been clean for 4 years. I was on everything and anything - from alcohol to crack to heroine. I lost a four year old son to drowning and the day he died was the last day I used anything. How terrible I had to lose a child to see the proverbial light.
My husband and I have started a welfare for abused, abandoned and destitute people in South Africa. My husband has become a pastor. I found this sight accidentally while researching for a heroin addict who came to our centre. I have really enjoyed the responses and feedback from so many of you. This sight is better than face book. God bless all of you!

Posted: February 20, 2009, 5:38 PM
Welcome Debbie. Glad you found us. Congratulations on 4 years! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Amazing how you took a bad situation and turned it into something positive & now helping others. Wonderful.

--------------------
In spirit,
Zipper

Posted: February 21, 2009, 9:15 AM
Alrite all......as DanieG.said its great to see some new people on the board us oltimers do try our best to welcome any new members....so Desiree,Jessica and D.w.k(like yer moniker pal) yer all most welcome hope ya all stick around......sorry i forgot Debbie,yer doin great things by the way in S.A albeit with a steep learning curve ahead but ya sound very capable,good luck to you and yer Husband,coz S.A of today is on its knees economically with huge drug and specially H.I.V issues....also Zipper good to see ya saying hello.All the best to ya all.................Davey

Posted: February 22, 2009, 8:34 AM
Hiya i am Leanne i am 24 and have a wee boy kieran he is 25myhs i am an addict i ahve b een clean the last 1yr and a half but im on methadone and have een for 5years i ahte it cant wait to hget off it i am reducing by 5mls a fortnight,
I am from Glasgow- UK -

goodluck to all and peace with joy...xxx

--------------------
I'm sure we well get there one day.... Even if it seems distant, we will get there, believe in your thoughts[COLOR=red]

Posted: February 23, 2009, 8:27 PM
I'm Jaz
My man is a long time H addict who's doing good and getting better.
We have a little girl roughly the same age as Davey's Sian. The people on here keep me sane cuz it's such a long road that everyone's walking we need to share stuff along the way.

--------------------
[COLOR=blue]

Stay Strong

Posted: August 13, 2018, 7:01 AM
Hello
I want to introduce myself now
I like animals. I'm a vegetarian. I like my job. I like working.
post replypost new topic